Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
File won't upload to facebook
StockP [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Washington State. USA Joined: Dec 19, 2010 03:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

I’ve just tried to upload a video file to Face book via Power Director 9, and though it is successful, it is loaded onto my personal page rather than my business page which is linked to my personal page. This has happened once before and I got around this by deleting the video off my personal page and uploading the video directly from my business page without using Power Director.
However, the same thing has also happened this time, but with a different problem. When I select the “Packed Folder” in question containing the video, I am informed by Face book that it does not support this file type, which is MPEG-4.

Why will it upload after being produced by Power Director, but not from the face book page using Facebooks upload procedure?

Thanks

Peter
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Simple answer - Don't upload to Facebook via PD9.

Save the video to your drive, THEN go to Facebook to the "correct" location, and upload from your drive.

One heck of a lot easier : : : Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Ozzy23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2011 14:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi trevor,

When I try to upload a video to facebook via the upload within facebook it says it will take some 4 hours!!! I have uploaded a WMV format video but the quality was special. When I try to upload an AVI format video it looks great here but as I said says it will take 4 hours.....

What formats should I be using and if its WMV then how do you get better quality?

Also should I be using PAL or NTSC tv format. I have a sony cx305 camcorder and are not sure what formats i should be using. Any help would be appreciated.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I am sure it will take 4 hours to upload to Facebook no matter what route you take. I don't know anything about Face book and have never been on a Face book page.

Some guys in here say it takes up to 10 hours to upload to You Tube in or out of PD9. Just depends on what you are uploading.

Pal or NTSC... Where do you live?

You can use either.... but I would use the format that my country uses....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2011 10:27

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Trevor George
[Post New]
Quote: When I try to upload a video to facebook via the upload within facebook it says it will take some 4 hours.

What file-size are you attempting to upload? That's why I use the H264 m2ts files, as they provide quality with a smaller file-size

The other thing is that I never load to Facebook, as it's so restrictive, in sometimes forcing people to take up a Facebook account to view it. Ok if you absolutely must "tag" those involved, but I can't see any other reason to use Facebook for video. and also I very rarely see a "good quality" video there. Much better to load to YouTube (or similar) in my humble opinion, and post a link to your video on Facebook, (as I frequently do).

I'm not sure about WMV or AVI as I've never tried it, but why don't you just save a 30 second clip in different formats, and upload those to YouTube and Facebook to see how the final result looks after YouTube and Facebook have applied their compression to the videos. You may be surprised.

Have a look at some of Robert's Hang-gliding videos at http://www.youtube.com/relate2 as he also uses m2ts files for YouTube. Also check some of his previous posts where he explains how "he" does it
Ozzy23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2011 14:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Trevor,

In powerdirector 9 in produce area I have a number of formats available to me. There is one called H.264 AVC is this similar to your H264 m2ts? if not how do I output to this format?
Trevor George
[Post New]
Quote: There is one called H.264 AVC is this similar to your H264 m2ts?

Yes, that's the one. It saves it as a file with the file-extension .m2ts

You'll find various options in the drop-down as to what size you want it, such as the 1080 for example.

Just try it on a a few short videos and see how they look. That's the best way to learn and see what you are happy with either on your PC or on YouTube or Vimeo or whatever. I'm a great fan of YouTube as it gives the viewer five options of quality to view at depending on your Internet connection speed, even if you upload at Hi-Def

Such as this one I'm listening to / watching in a small window as I'm typing this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQF2YVWByQ

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2011 18:24

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi StockP, the amount of time it takes to upload to Facebook or Youtube is all to do with the upload speed of you internet connection, nothing to do with PowerDirector. I have a very slow upload speed and with some of my high quality videos it can take 7-8 hours to upload which is a pain as it also slows down my normal surfing.

Regarding formats to produce you videos in, my favourite is H.264 1920X1080 12-15,000K, I also every now and then use the HD .wmv setting which is 1920X1080 10,000K, which gives pretty good quality if I want PowerDirector to handle uploading to Youtube automatically. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I found this information on Facebook by Googling Facebook video formats:

How can I optimize the quality of my videos?
Generally, the best format to upload is H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format. H.264 currently offers the best video compression available, and due to file size limitations, this format is the optimal choice for Facebook Video.

To avoid the rescaling of your video by Facebook's encoder, use a file with the larger edge of the video not exceeding 1280px. If your video is less than 1280px in size on the larger edge, try to keep your dimensions to multiples of 16px for best compression.

Keep the frame rate of your video at or below 30fps.

Use stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!