Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

Just finished rolling back to Windows 7.1 following Windows 10 "upgrade".

My PD 13.0.2907.1 would not render H264 m2ts video following upgrade. I think this was a graphics driver issue (Intel HD 2500 graphics).

My previous PD8 gave up rendering when I updated the driver so I rolled back and everything worked fine. Never tried PD13 with the latest drivers, I just kept the "old" ones. I'm guessing Windows 10 updates all drivers by default, hence the problem. Windows 10 gives no options regarding driver updates (part of the EULA apparently) and appears to always update to the latest.

PD13 now works fine on Windows 7.1, although other software has "thrown a wobbly" (Task manager now shows around 20 Media centre tasks that are no longer compatable).

I'll wait until Windows 10.1 is released in October before trying again.

B
Hi Tony

Thanks for your comments.

My first video editing package was Pinnacle Studio 9 (then 11). I used to cut each panorama into 1920 x 1080 stills and then do a slide left transition to slowly slide out the first still and slide in the next.

When I moved to PD8 I was delighted by the improvement (both in quality of resulting video and features), and the Magic Motion effects saved so much time, especially when panning across and zooming into panoramas.

Sadly, it appears like most "modern" software the rush for more features has had an impact on performance and, in this case, quality. The comparison can be seen on Youtube: http://youtu.be/ZIc9tATK2Es.
The first 40 seconds was produced in PD10, the second 40s is actually PD10's re-rendered PD8 effort (hence twice rendered and slightly lower quality than PD8 manages on its own).

My "upgrade" to PD10 was mainly on the "Blazingly fast".... "Fastest in the market" adverts but sadly this appears to be sales hype rather than reality. Windows live movie maker now seems faster, and Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on a par for speed.

So for the present I'll stick with PD8.

Ta!
Hi

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. I make extensive use of panoramas in my videos and it isn't sensible to use third party software to pre-render them.

A short while ago I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 10 as an upgrade to PD8, but it is dreadfully slow and had rendering issues with HD menus. Sadly it took over 30 days for Adobe to admit the problem, hence too late for a refund.

Given that I still have PD8 and it manages to render the panoramas perfectly (and in around a third the time!) I will stick with PD8 and remove PD10 and return it for refund.

Thanks again to everyone for your professional and speedy response.

Barry

p.s.

Sad to see that text only menus are STILL not available.
Hi Jim

I had intended to upload the raw image but discovered the 3 file limit.

The Title text on YouTube does show that the clip is indeed rendered HD, whilst the image is not.
And the original image if you wish to try for yourself.
Thanks for the help..

Attached project file and snapshots.

I have also uploaded a video to YouTube. The first 40 seconds created using PD10, the last 40 seconds using PD8

Thanks

Barry
Hi Jim

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the preview is already at "HD". The preview looks poor and the final 1920x1080 50i m2ts file just confirms that the image quality is rubbish.

I have two snapshots created from PD8 and PD10 but can't see any way of appending them.

Thanks

Barry
After 2 years I have just upgraded PD8 to PD10.

I like to incorporate large panorama photos into my HD videos. These are resized down to around 9000 x 1200 pixels, and then I use Magic Motion, Pan and Zoom to slowly pan (a 1920 x 1080 window) across the image.

In PD8 these generated a nice high quality effect with all the detail visible.

In PD10 the effect is, to put it bluntly, rubbish. For a HD output the image quality is worse than SD! I have a suspicion that PD10 is (internally) resizing the full sized image down to 1920 x 1080 and then applying a 16x9 window to the degraded image. How else could PD10 produce such a low quality image?

Any suggestions why PD10 is doing this?
I too have issues with thumbnail menus in PD8, however I have found a possible solution.

Backup up!!!!

Having made a copy of a suitable menu in menu designer I have then manually edited the menu as follows.

Each menu is stored in its own folder. Having found the folder, navigate to the "Layer Template" folder. Open the file "std_LayerTemplate.xml" in Notepad or Wordpad, and delete the section relating to the picture in picture track

e.g. <PIP TrackID="1" Editable="TRUE" Name=".\LayerTemplate1\normal_baby.jpg" Name_HQ=".\LayerTemplate1\normal_baby.jpg" Mask=".\LayerTemplate1\UserMask.png" Mask_HQ=".\LayerTemplate1\UserMask.png" Script=".\LayerTemplate1\PiP(0).cpt" BeginTime="0.000000" Duration="1.000000" StretchMode="CROP" />

There may be two of these entries.

Save the file and then re-open PD8 and apply the menu.

This solution is not perfect, because it has a few side effects, not least because background music on the menu does not play. I have even tried creating the menu background as a video clip with the required sound and this doesn't work either.

I'm guessing that the "fix" prevents PD8 from creating the Picture-in-picture and it skips it.

No guarantees.

Go to: