Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey Guys! Thanks so much for sticking with this Your time and attention to this detail is very much appreciated!!!
Kevin - I appreciate your explanations Never hesitate to give me too much to help me understand!!! What are the chances that Cyberlink is going to work on the code to allow PD9 to be back-ward compatible in all areas? I ask because I have another posting out there regarding a PD6.5 movie conversion problem as well - the subtitles are absent. I really liked the PD8 Trial, but once I got my hands on PD9, PD8 is history in my mind.

These problems are really frustrating...I have alot of production work that I want to complete for my family for Christmas in addition to completing the updates to the last movie I made for my friends and I. I don't want to go to another software...I LOVE Power Director and it's capabilities and ease of use! I want to buy PD9, but that seems crazy given a couple of my really time consuming situations at the moment. Can you help me?

Thanks for your time,

Patricia
I wish this would work!!!! The hang-up is that the new PD trial wouldn't download without deleting the old PD I tried to recover 6.5, but it wants to write over 9! I love the concept, tho....oh, and we don't know if we can export the SRT from 6.5 either...[hit head against wall...again....]...

Any other solutions out there?

Thanks Adrian!
I created a movie earlier this year in PD6.5. I loaded it tonight into the PD9 program and found that none of the subtitles came in. I have almost 60 minutes of movie time with approx. 200 pictures and 50% of those were subtitled. What do I need to do to get my movie to convert the subtitles?

Thanks!!
Please note that these files worked well in PD8 as is. That is where I created the movie that I'm testing in PD9.

Thanks.
Yes. I used a Sony Cybershot circa 2006.
Hi again! I was working with some other .mpg video and didn't realize that it's not translating either. I've attached the example.

Thanks.
Last file...
Thanks DaFYDD! Here are the answers:

A) Powerdirector V9, 32 Bit, Trial. I downloaded yesterday, but I checked for updates just in case, but there aren't any at the link you suggested.

B) DirectX Diagnostic attached.

F) File attached.

G) Smaller video attached, but voice is clearly identifiable as not working Will this work for you? Also, please note that it does play accurately in Windows Media Player.
Windows Internet Explorer 8.

Since writing earlier today, I've discovered that I can hit the "D" key for the Director Zone and get to the on-line info that way. It's the "Download More Templates" icon that continues to error out.
I did the trail version of PD8 and didn't have any problems using these functions, but for some reason now I do in PD9. The error states:

"You are trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this sytem. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again."

Ummmm...I'm using my browser right now

What do I need to do to get PD9 to recognize my browser and allow me the functionality to:
1) Sign into Director Zone from within the software.
2) Download templates when I push the PD9 icon to do so.

Thanks!!
Help! I've spent hours and hours with trying to get the test version of PD9 working...I'm grateful to find this forum and using the recommendation of updating the NVIDIA drivers, I too can now completely load the software. Unfortunately, I'm still having problems with this software and I'm crossing my fingers that I can make it work. So, please, help!

When I imported an .mpg file, the soundtrack distorted for voices only. The video file contains waterfalls, voices and picture. The voices sound like Mickey Mouse times 10 times higher and faster. The waterfalls are all normal, the picture is fine. What do I need to do to fix the people voices to be heard correctly in PD9? Do I need to update another driver? .AVI files are ok.

Thanks!!
Go to: