Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I want to be able to play Star Wars Episode 1. Thanks.
I would also like to see a fix for PowerDVD 7.3 as this is the version I use and I'm very happy with it. I tried the PowerDVD 11 trial but I can't get on with it. It seems such a bloated piece of software now compared to version 7. I don't like the fact that:

a) There is now a bar a the top of the screen with a load of crap I don't need or want to see.

b) I don't like the information panel that slides in from the right everytime I play a movie.

c) I don't like the fact that the Windows Start panel pops up every now and again whenever I access the PowerDVD interface in fullscreen mode.

d) I don't like the fact that the spacebar no longer pauses a movie like version 7 does.

I am not sure if I will upgrade to 11 because of these issues. And if there isn't an update to version 7, I might just buy a standalone Blu-ray 3D player. At least that should be future proof with firmware upgrades unlike this software!
Hi Michael. I play Blu-ray discs. I will have a play with the settings tonight. I am using the trial version of PowerDVD 11. Thanks.
Hi

I have up until recently been using an older version of PowerDVD which allowed the use of the spacebar to pause the movie. The new version 11 doesn't seem to include this. How come? Can this be added in a future update as its a handy feature for me.

Steve
Hi

I have downloaded the triaal version of PowerDVD 11 with a view to purchasing the full Ultra packagebut it seems to be having issues playing Star Wars Episode 1. It starts loading the disc and manges to get to around 96% complete and then the loading bar disappears and the control icons at the bottom of the PDVD window also vanish and the program freezes. I have tried 5 or 6 times and the same thing always happens. Strange thing is Star Wars Episode 4 seems to run ok. Anyone else having the same problem?

Steve
That's strange. So there is no need to update the software? Its great that it finally works but what was the problem exactly??

Steve
Hi Michael

Thanks, this has fixed the problem and I am able to watch this Blu-ray now using PowerDVD. I am looking forward to the patched software in the near future.

Steve
Thanks for the link. I will give it a try out later on tonight.

Does it disable the BD-Live of PowerDVD? Why doesn't PowerDVD give you that option??

I own about 30 blu-ray movies and they all work perfectly fine apart from this one.
Hi Michael

I have the same problem as I have just bought this on blu-ray and discovered it wouldn't work. Are we any nearer to getting a fix for this? Any idea how long it will be?

I am using 'PowerDVD 7 - BD Edition' which came with my Sony BD-ROM drive.

Will this version also be getting the update?

Steve
Go to: