Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: In the create disk module, disk preferences tab, the DVD drop down, select 8.5 GB.

Burn a folder, uncheck the burn disk option.

Powerdirector gets the estimate wrong a lot of the time. If you burn a folder then use third party disk burning software, you work around that problem.

It is not unreasonable for a nearly two hour production to need a double layer disk.

Many thanks for your reply. I'll try following your advice, and hopefully get a result.
I have several files I really want to burn to DVD. I imported the first video, which is 1h:43 in length, and 700MB in size. The disc at the bottom left corner of the screen told me that it was 6674/4700, but how can that be? Does PD really increase the file size that much?

Here is some more info:

I have 88GB of hard disk space left, I am using the 3022 build version, and am on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

Please help!!

Many thanks.
Thanks for the replies. However, if I upload directly to YouTube, I cannot keep the original aspect ratio of my videos without YT resizing them. The best output quality I have found is WMV 9 HD High Quality, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep the highest quality output, and still be within YT's guidelines. Using PD is the ONLY way I know of to keep the original aspect ratio. My channel is for videos of my favourite actor (Richard Waugh), and I recently found out (after meeting him - see avatar ) that he knows about my channel. He said he might even use some of them in his demo reels. Because of this, I really need my videos to be as good as they can possibly be. I had uploaded more than a couple of dozen videos without using PD (which I now regret as I am going to have to re-upload them), but if he is going to be using them professionally, then I do not want them being re-sized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am afraid that none of the above was useful to me. I have 7 64-bit, and could not find any of the registry files. The only file I found that might be changeable is YouTubeMgr.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\runtime\YouTube

Please help!!!

Many thanks.
Hi there,

I went to edit a video today, but got an error message saying: "A front end graph streaming error occurred." I have edited several dozen videos and this is the first time this has happened. I split the audio and got no sound. I removed the audio and replaced it with an mp3 file which worked. I then tried to save my project, but it wouldn't let me. Then I went to produce my video, but couldn't save it to the desired folder or rename it. There appears to be no work around for this. However, it did allow me to produce it to the default location and file name. At least I got my video ready to upload to YouTube.

There is something else that has been bothering me for quite a while. Some of the transitions, effects, etc, are incorrectly named and some aren't even named. They are labeled with some gobbledygook text.

I have Cyberlink PD Ultra 8. I have also attached screen captures of the bug and my machine's info.

Hope this is all you need to diagnose the problems.

Many thanks.
Once you have split the audio from a clip, can you put it back again? Also, what does "Reset Alias" mean?

Many thanks! :
Quote: Hi Versatile -

Sometimes, audio sync issues can be resolved by simply splitting the audio from the clip.

1. Right click on clip > Split Audio
The audio will be "dropped" into the audio track below
2. Play and see if it is corrected.

Cheers - Tony

There is something else you can do after that. Once the audio has been split, click on the audio box, so you get the hand, then click (but don't release) on the box again and you can then drag the audio box until it gets back into sync. If it doesn't work first time, then keep playing with it until it does. I've had to do this quite a few times and it always works for me.

Hope that tip works for you too.
Go to: