Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Length.
[Post New]
I have several files I really want to burn to DVD. I imported the first video, which is 1h:43 in length, and 700MB in size. The disc at the bottom left corner of the screen told me that it was 6674/4700, but how can that be? Does PD really increase the file size that much?

Here is some more info:

I have 88GB of hard disk space left, I am using the 3022 build version, and am on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

Please help!!

Many thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
In the create disk module, disk preferences tab, the DVD drop down, select 8.5 GB.

Burn a folder, uncheck the burn disk option.

Powerdirector gets the estimate wrong a lot of the time. If you burn a folder then use third party disk burning software, you work around that problem.

It is not unreasonable for a nearly two hour production to need a double layer disk. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote: In the create disk module, disk preferences tab, the DVD drop down, select 8.5 GB.

Burn a folder, uncheck the burn disk option.

Powerdirector gets the estimate wrong a lot of the time. If you burn a folder then use third party disk burning software, you work around that problem.

It is not unreasonable for a nearly two hour production to need a double layer disk.

Many thanks for your reply. I'll try following your advice, and hopefully get a result.