Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Who reads a book, or turns pages left to right?
Quote: Hi Lee,
I downloaded your 00018.mts file and played it with no problem with PD8 on my system. because I am set up to process PAL standard and your file was NTSC PD8 automatically converted it - it played like a treat. Looking at your DXdiag file I see your machine has onboard Intel G45/43 graphics. Your driver is out of date - 6.14.0010.4977. The latest drive on the INTEL site is 6.14.0010.5284. The Intel site talks about problems with high res on the older drivers. I should update the drivers.

Hope this helps,

Don

Did you try and edit a clip and switch back and forth between "movie" and "clip" mode? That's when i seemed to have had the problem of the preview screen blacking out.

I'll see if i can get the systems admin to update the drivers, or perhaps put a proper video card in it.
I hope this works....
Quote: LJSearles:
1. I was after a sample of the video you are using - not a youtube posted video. RE: Canon VIXIA HF R11 about 5 to 10 seconds would be good and can be attached to your post here for me to download. Samples from cameras are essential to have to make sure PD works with all video sources.

Attached.

2. From the images you have posted I see you have Shadow Edit files being generated.
a) i could do with knowing what your PC is.

Attached

PART B
3. I note in your attached image you have not allowed PD to generate the shadow edit file (Yellow Icon showing) before you atarted editing. You should have.

Shadow edit files should be generated before starting to edit as interference with the file will prevent the task being completed. The audio section is generated separately as a "temp text" file and this is the reason you can hear the audio.

Solutions: Depending upon the capability of your computer you can shut down shadow file creation and edit without the use of them. If you have a low end PC this isn't feasible. I've asked for a diagnostic to assess your PC. Shutting off shadow files is easy see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#41702 I don't use shadow Files - I know the limitations of my PC. Of course you should upgrade your PC if you intend editing HD files.

Done

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Quote: Hi Lee,
1. Really could do with a sample from that camera.

Assuming you mean video, they can be seen at www.youtube.com/kessiltube

Quote: 2. I'd like to see the pop-up which you deleted with your workaround.

So this is the sequence, occasionally, for it seems no particular reason, the preview screen goes black when attempting to play the clip...

If i double click on the clip, i get...

I then click "cancel" on that pop up screen and the preview screen comes back to life.

Quote:
3. I'd like you to attach a diagnostic file - PART B.
4. Supply a screen-shot see PART F and E below in the guides.

If you make a sample and the information available, the senior editors here have much more to go on and get an answer for you.

I don't have a sample from an R11 - you give info and sample, we test, we resolve, you smile.

Dafydd

Guide information:
You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

How do i get the "diagnostic file" of which you speak?
Thanks for the reply.

Well the camera is a Canon VIXIA HF R11 that records in .mts format, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

This is all on my pc at work.

I use PD at home and never have an issue with it.

I've tried messing about with various settings in PD with no luck. Maybe i'll try using the camera on my pc at home at see what happens.
Greetings,

I am having a problem where after say, splitting the video track and removing a segment, i'll then go to play the movie and all i get is audio, and no video, just a black screen in the preview panel. So far i have been working around it by double clicking on the video track and then clicking cancel on the screen that pops up. Then i'm able to play, and see the video.

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything in the preferences, nor did searching the forum return an answer.

Thanks,

Lee
Go to: