Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
READ ME: Guide to Newbie forum members
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi and welcome.

Make sure you have a displayed contact name - edit your profile to check. Topics/post with no name displaying will get deleted if they remain unchanged.

Note: On this forum we ask and respond to questions related only to PowerDirector. This is not the place to discuss, compare or comment either unfavourably or favourably a rival company's products.

NEWBIES: Please do not pose questions on a thread which is not directly related to your concerns. Hijacking a thread is not acceptable. In many cases I remove posts or lock a thread to prevent hijacking. Posting a New Topic is fully acceptable, please user SEARCH first to check for an answer to your problem.

1. Before you post use the search capability:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/search/filters.page
There's an answer out here somewhere.... Darn it, I cant remember everything!

2. Information is the key to undoing your problem and the way data is presented provides the clue to opening the lock!
Read these guides:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

3. Resurrecting an old post on this forum does not mean you will be answered. It is far better to post as a new topic and reference (url link) back to an old post. In that way the information can be compared by a forum member who will answer you as best they can.

4. As well as the above some basic information on what version and build of PowerDirector is essential. A forum member would then look, assess and perhaps point you in the right direction.

5. Everyone appreciates a thank you for their effort when they've tried to answer a question.

6. A big "no no" on the forum is to send PM's to members to solicit an answer. The forum functions by having questions posted and members answering, it is those two events which help make this forum work. So don't hide, be bold, be brave and be a video editor!

7. Multiple posting an "urgent" issue on the forum is not needed. Any problem posted here is treated the same no matter how urgent an issue is to you.

8. Added 2010-09-21. How NOT TO post on this forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13382.page

I'm sure I could add more to this list..... have fun, we're all PowerDirector Video Editors.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 20 times. Last update was at Jun 30. 2015 15:20

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, standard instructions first of all.

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2010 06:53

daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2010 13:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
in capture mode i cannot select camcorder...i have to open file...any idea why ?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Daniel,

This is the wrong location for your post, please repost as a new thread

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
msw_80521@yahoo.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:59 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Howdy, tried to post a question and got the following error message--

Error
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 9127965240240026714.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks.
Mark
JustMe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2012 22:40 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
How can I enter back the original defaults for PD8? I changed the Export to> and I wish to have the original defaults again. If I try to do it, the program answers that I cannot do it under the present permission settings.
Wynne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2012 21:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 9122922222454278014.
Testing
Wynne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2012 21:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It would appear that I can't create a new post - only reply to old ones - I get the above error message.
JustMe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2012 22:40 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Please help!! after editing a video the PowerDirector clashes before I can save it!. I have PD8
JJvdons [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2012 10:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I hope this is the good place to put my question in.
Just installed PowerDirector7. I try to put video film onto my computer.
In main screen I press red button and on my video camera the play-button.
Then the program gives an error: De momentopname is mislukt. Dit bestandsformaat wordt niet ondersteund.
In the next error-box: Er is een fout opgetreden. De opname kan niet worden gestart.
This means: Recording failed, file format is not supported, recording cannot be started.
How can I solve this problem? I cannot find this error else on your site.
kind regards, Jan