Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply's guys! I figured out what was happening, split was there in multi trim as long as the time bar is blue, once you do one trim it then greys out and you can't tuse split!

I'll try using just split in the time line I think, thanks for the advice!

Cheers!
Derek
Hi, can anyone help with this issue?

When using multi-trim the split icon seems to only work sometimes. I have had it working it working when the film is playing but other times while the film is playing it is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong that I'm not aware of or is it a glitch in the system as I think I'm doing the same both times. It also seems to work when I start a new multi-trim window but later on split goes away!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Derek
Thanks for your reply, I'm not sure it quite answers my question though, its more about outputting the file, so if I have 6 clips in a time line, can I just output say clip 3 as and AVI say, rather that all 6 as one movie. I have been able to do it by deleting the ones I don't want then outputting the file but I have lots to do and this way will take forever!

cheers,
Derek
yeah, I had done similar but I have so many to do it's taking ages! cheers!
Hi, can anyone help? If I have a PD file with say 6 clips in the time line that I have split from one original file, is there a way of selectring say clip 3 and just producing this one and not the rest? OR can you produce each clip to output as a seporate file rather than one complete movie so you would get 6 clips?

Thanks,
Derek
Sorry, another quick question.

If I have a PD file with sa6 6 clips in the time line that I have split from one original file, is there a way of selectring say clip 3 and just producing this one and not the rest? OR can you produce each clip to output as a seporate file rather than one colplete movie so you would get 6 clips?

Thanks,
Derek
Hi, thanks for your comments! I basically need to send the videos out for people to see on either a PC or a dvd player and can't guarentee the poeple viewing them will have any other software than the basic so I figure avi or DVD formats are the best way. Also I have to send quite a lot out so fitting it onto 1 DVD is the best and simplest option. The quality of the image is not realy the most important thing, its the infomation in the film. Plus each AVI looks like its 30GB and I have 8 to process so space is an issue too!

Thanks for all you help so far, really apreciate it!
Thanks! Great advice! Basically I have just started using this software and have a deadline to meet. Hopefully once it is over I can relax a little and realy get to know what it can do! It seems very powerful and usefull, once you know what to do!

How about copying and pasting in pip tracks? Is this possible?

Thanks!
Derek
Hi, right I am messing aroung with using the pip tracks but I've stumbled over some problems. In the master track I can copy and paste a section no problem, however in the pip tracks I don't seem to be able to copy and paste.

Also, when I bring something into the pip track it is smaller in the screen and I have to drag it out every time, is there a way to make it full screen.

Sorry for all the questions, I have 8 x 2 & 1/2 hour videos to edit and the quicker I do these little functions the better!

Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated!
Derek
Hi

Thanks for you reply! That sounds exactaly like what I need to do and how I have tried to do it but I had been using the master track and it won't allow you to just drag the sections around, but now I use the pip tracks I see you can do this!

Thanks, great advice!
Derek
Thank you both for the info. I'm still a bit confused about AVI compression. I've got episodes of TV programes that are in AVI format and are realy good quality but a 50 min episode is about 600mb. Ive got a 2 1/2 hour interview and in PD it only seems to be able to save it out at 25+GB from a 5 GB H.264 file. So by my working, somehow I should be able to get a 2 1/2 hour interiew down to about 2GB avi??!!

Robert, you mentioned about changing the bit rate till I get it low enough to fit, but can you point me where to do this in PD?

On the plus side, I made a DVD with chapters and everything and used smart fit to burn it, only to find out i've got no DVD's at home! DOH!

Cheers!
Derek
Hi Robert,

Juat another quick question, are there any guides to using PD8 that explain the real basics as I'm not finding ot too user friendly at the moment. I think I need to spend some time playing with it but as I have no previous editing experiance its quite difficult. I have looked at the tutorial videos linked to the website but some assume a basic knowledge already. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a try!

Derek
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. is it possible to use 'smart fit' if I want to save the file to the hard drive and not directly to a disc? If so, can you give me a clue as where to look for the function.

Thanks for the info on compression, the camera I have records in H.264 but it appears I have to convert it before I can play it through any of the regular media players! ie Windows media or quicktime etc.

Thanks,
Derek
Hi,

Can anyone help? I have some video files that are 5.5GB and I would like to put them on a DVD but obviously thet are just too big. Is there a way to specify the file size you would like as in some other editing software so I could make it say 4.5GB keeping most of the quality? I am particularly interested in doing this with AVI files!

Also, how come a 5.5GB file from the camera becomes closer to 30GB when I try and save it out as an AVI??

Thanks,
Derek
Hi,

Can anyone help, I am new to PD and I am using it at the moment for editing interview infomation. As part of this I want to take quotes from different interviews and then edit them into one clip. I was planning on having one window open with the interview in and another with the new clip file so I could watch an interview and when a relevent quote comes up, split it out and paste it into the new clip file. However, PD doesn't seem to work this way, I then thought it may be possible to have 2 timelines open but can figure out if this is possible.

Can anyone suggest the best way to approch what I need to do?

Thanks!
Derek
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply! I had managed to 'save as' a new title, it was saving a modification to the same one I was having trouble with but after seeing your screen shot it turns out the 'ok' button was off the bottom of my screen!! d'oh! Think its sorted now though!

Cheers,
Derek
Hi,

I am new to PD and wondered how you can modify an existing title so the one in the timeline updates with the new changes. All I seem to be able to do is create a new one and have to replace it all the time. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thanks, I'll check them out!
Hi,

I am new to using power director and wondered if there is a basic guide to using the software and editing video. Is there any tutorials explaining how to carry out the basic functions. I have used the help but am finding it quite hard to use.

Thanks
Go to: