Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with modified and new Pip objects and titles
Antonio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 06:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've recently upgraded to PD8 and I'm having problems with Pip objects and titles. When I create new ones or modify existing templates, the results don't appear in the library even though I save them. Am I doing anything wrong? I never had this problem with PD7. I'm beginning to wish I never upgraded.

Thank you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Antonio -

In the PIP & Title Rooms, the process is the same:

1. Select Create New or Modify selected template. The icons for these are above the PIP/Title Library.
2. Create or modify the PIP object or title.
3. Click Save - the icon in PIP Designer & Title Designer is at the top beside the Share button.
4. Give your new/modified object a name. Click OK.
5. The new template you've made should appear in the PIP/Title Library.

Is this the process you've been following?

Whatever you do, if you don't click Save, in PIP/Title Designer, it won't become a new template.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I am losing count on how many times that Tony SAVES the day!!

Pardon the pun....I couldn't resist!!

Nice response Tony!!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
rallyka2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2010 08:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am new to PD and wondered how you can modify an existing title so the one in the timeline updates with the new changes. All I seem to be able to do is create a new one and have to replace it all the time. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Derek,

If you follow Tony's instructions you should have no trouble saving a new title. Right click on the default title and then select "Modify"...make your changes and then click the "save" button. It should then appear in your list of titles. Let us know if you have trouble.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
rallyka2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2010 08:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply! I had managed to 'save as' a new title, it was saving a modification to the same one I was having trouble with but after seeing your screen shot it turns out the 'ok' button was off the bottom of my screen!! d'oh! Think its sorted now though!

Cheers,
Derek