Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing 'split' icon when using multi-trim
rallyka2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2010 08:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, can anyone help with this issue?

When using multi-trim the split icon seems to only work sometimes. I have had it working it working when the film is playing but other times while the film is playing it is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong that I'm not aware of or is it a glitch in the system as I think I'm doing the same both times. It also seems to work when I start a new multi-trim window but later on split goes away!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Derek
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Derek -

Trimming and splitting are different things, even though they are both used to remove bits of your video.

The split icon should be active (not greyed out) whenever you select a clip with the scrubber (blue line) in it.

Personally, I rarely use the trim/multi-trim command. I just split the video at different points & delete the unwanted section.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, can anyone help with this issue?

When using multi-trim the split icon seems to only work sometimes. I have had it working it working when the film is playing but other times while the film is playing it is grayed out. Am I doing something wrong that I'm not aware of or is it a glitch in the system as I think I'm doing the same both times. It also seems to work when I start a new multi-trim window but later on split goes away!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Derek

I think the first thing is to confirm that you are doing the same thing each time. By rights if you play the video and then pause it, you should be able to split it from the multi-trim screen. If it works sometimes and not at others, I would look into and note exactly when it happens. That might give you your answer.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I've use both methods and like Tony I prefer to use split. If you split the unwanted sections and delete too much you can always stretch the remaining video to where you want it. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
rallyka2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2010 08:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply's guys! I figured out what was happening, split was there in multi trim as long as the time bar is blue, once you do one trim it then greys out and you can't tuse split!

I'll try using just split in the time line I think, thanks for the advice!

Cheers!
Derek
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply's guys! I figured out what was happening, split was there in multi trim as long as the time bar is blue, once you do one trim it then greys out and you can't tuse split!

I'll try using just split in the time line I think, thanks for the advice!

Cheers!
Derek

You should be able to split more than once in multi-trim though. Try going into multi-trim. put in a mark out time in the counter and when the slider moves, hit split, THEN put in a time further along and then see if the split option is there again. Make sure you finish the time in the counter, for example, if you want to split at 10:00. Make sure that you put all the zero's in OR give it a second or two to finish it by itself, the split icon should light up. If it isn't then there is an issue.