Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just went back in and looked at Title track (has a "T" and no audio). It doesn't have an eye that can be changed to a red 'X', so it would seem moving the title to a regular video track is the solution for now .....
I'm having the same/similar problem when trying to import an MPG movie clip from my camera (on win7Professional, both 32b and 64b, PD 9.0.0.2330a). Audio sounds like chipmunks.

On closer examination I noticed that the imported audio is exactly half the duration of the clip itself. If I use CyberLink WaveEditor I can get back to some semblance of the original track by these steps:

Distortion > Change Speed > 0.5x

Distortion > Pitch Shift > -6

Distortion > Ptich Shift > -6

The project I'm working on consists of a .AVI video on one video track followed by some still pictures and the problematic MPEG clips on a 2nd audio track.

I do get a 'converting from PAL to NTSC' warning when I bring in the MPEG clips. Also, in WaveEditor it tells me it's converting a mono track into a stereo track.

The MPG clips play fine in Windows Media Player - no audio problem.

Here are the MPG characteristics (from Media Info)

Reinstall didn't resolve anything. I finally solved the problem by moving the title to another video track. It worked fine after that (which makes me think a disabled title track, as suggested above, might have been the problem).
Thanks for the comments. At the end of the day the two most important things to me were a) final product playback quality and b) speed. While there were some things I liked on other products better in either the editing interface, hot keys, or additional encoder setting controls, for end product playback quality PD and Adobe Premiere Elements 9 came out on top. Sony Vegas 10 tied on quality without menus, but adding menus required a 2nd encoding which tossed it out of the running. Nero was in the 2nd tier in terms of quality. For speed, it wasn't even close. Only PD used my GPU (after a registry tweak:http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14156.page#71894) to accelerate the encoding process so that a 50m 1920x1080i uncompressed video AVI source file (360GB) rendered to 24Mbps H264 blu-ray in two hours (vs. days for some of the other products). Absent that speed difference it would have been a toss-up (for me) between PD and Adobe. I hope PD expands the out-of-the-box supported GPU list so that more folks can take advantage of that capability without having to discover undocumented tricks to enable their GPU.

As soon as I can verify on the rebuilt machine that the crash quirks go away, I'll make the PD purchase. I look forward to learning from forum members and the hospitality demonstrated to a newbie. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I ran into another problem that I just posted (regarding libguide40.lib). Looks like there may be some underlying software/library conflicts on this particular machine as PD9 works as expected on a 2nd test machine I just installed on. I've been evaluating several NLEs (Adobe Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas Studio HD, Nero Platnium Suite HD) and they may have installed something that conflicts with PowerDirector. Looks like I'll be doing a rebuild to get a clean install and see if that fixes the problem.
The crash is on a Win7Enterprise 32bit machine (if that makes any difference). I tried installing the trial on another machine (win7Enterprise 64bit) and things seem to work fine there. If nothing useful crops up here, I'll rebuild the problem machine and see if a clean install (without a lot of the other NLE software I'm evaluating) fixes anything.
Running PD9 (9.0.0.2330a trial). When trying to create a disk menu the program crashes and a brief "DOS" window appears with a message for a few seconds before disappearing. I was able to capture it with a screen print. Here's the dialog:

Window title: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR9.exe
Window contents:

OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libiomp5md already initial
ized.
This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore
this problem and force the program to continue anyway.
Please note that the use of KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK is unsupported
and using it may cuase undefined behavior.
For more information, please contact Intel(R) Premier Support.

Anyone else seen this and know if the suggested 'fix' is a good idea?

Thanks,

Brian
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried switching between clip/movie, but unfortunately it makes no difference. Also, you'd still expect the title to appear on the final disk burn wouldn't you? Looks like something else is going on ...

Brian
On the Edit page in PowerDirector (9.0.0.2330a, trial version) I'm able to put my video in a video track, and then add titles in the title track (one at the beginning with a fade in over the video, and one at the end with credits after video clip ends).

When I'm in the title editing window and press the 'play' button, the title does what I want and appears as expected over the section of the video clip it overlaps on the timeline).

However, when I exit the title editor window and view what should be the combination of the clip and titles (clip and its audio in track 1, added titles in the "T" track), they don't appear when pressing the preview play button. Only the video clip plays. The timeline marker runs over them, including the one that extends beyond the end of the video clip, but they don't appear in the preview viewer window, or in the final product burned to disk.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

SUCCESS IN GETTING A 'NON-SUPPORTED' NVIDIA QUADRO 600 GPU WORKING WITH POWER DIRECTOR 9

I've discovered a work around for getting some (at least my) unsupported GPUs to work with PowerDirector9.

I just bought a NVIDIA Quadro 600 and was not happy that it didn't work with PowerDirector9. After doing a little snooping around, I was able to get it to work.

The exploration:

Using regedit, I found keys 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\CLRec4\VGAMetaData. It looked like they held data for allowed GPUs.

I then went to my GPU to see if I could find something similar. Under device manager, select display adapters > NVIDIA Quadro 600 (my GPU), right click on properties, select details tab, and select Hardware IDs. There were a number of entries on this tab, all which begin (again for my GPU, customize for yours accordingly) with PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF8&CC_0300 ..... Record these values. On the same tab under Device Description was NVIDIA Quadro 600. Record this description too.

I noticed that the 10DE in my Hardware ID strings matched the "_VendorID_01" keys for supported NVIDIA GPUs in the other registry entries. Based on this I used the above info to duplicate the other registry values that appeared to be needed.

WARNING: While the registry changes below aren't hard to do, be sure you're comfortable with editing the registry before proceeding. Your setup may vary slightly from mine, and if you aren't comfortable with adapting the below as needed you are best advised not to proceed with this.

The 'fix':

1) In regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\CLRec4\VGAMetaData

2) Create a new key (next in sequence; for me 0001 through 0004 were present, so I created 0005)

3) In that key, create the following values (format below is "value name"=value type:value). Be sure to leave off the quotes on the value name when creating the value:

Look at your GPU Hardware ID string from above and find the number following the "&DEV_" substring: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF8&CC_0300... and then create the new dword value with the data in that string. For me:

"_DeviceId_01"=dword:00000df8

Look at your GPU Hardware ID string from above and find the number following the "VEN_" substring: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF8&CC_0300... and then create the new dword value with the data in that string. For me:

"_VendorId_01"=dword:000010de

Look at your GPU Device Description from above and create a string value. For me:

"_DeviceName_01"="NVIDIA Quadro 600"

Lastly create this dword value which, I'm guessing, says if you find a GPU matching the above entries, use it:

"VGA_ForceVMR9"=dword:00000001

I had to exit and restart PowerDirector after making these changes to the registry before it recognized the GPU. I'm now able to check places to use the GPU that were greyed out. More importantly, it works just fine. What was a 30 minute test render on my dual core CPU is now completed in about 4 minutes and GPU-Z shows the GPU never comes close (usually 40-80% load during render) to being saturated!

Hope this works for you too if you're in the same boat.

Notes:

1) I am running the latest NVIDIA driver for the card (260.78 beta). I'm sure this would work with the latest stable release (259.xx) too. The system I'm running tests on is Win732 with 2GB RAM (so not lots).

2) Routine upgrades to PowerDirector may zap these changes. If they do, take a look at the section and if the format is the same, just recreate the key and its values. If the format isn't the same, creatively adjust accordingly.
Go to: