Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2114 also didn't help with X-Men First Class. Still get the corruption at the same points.

Oddly, it did fix the out of synch audio when playing at 24hz, though.
X-Men First Class has the same issue with core usage. The picture distortion starts when the branch points for the 'X Marks the Spot' mode pass. TotalMedia Theatre has the the same problem.

Surprise surprise, also a Fox blu.
I don't think either nVidia or ATI have released display drivers that support framepacked (1920x2155 resolution images with some special header info, iirc) output yet. Technically, HDMI 1.3 should be able to output that format (the Samsung 3D TVs even say 'Detect 3D input from HDMI 1.3 and automatically adjust to 3D setting). If you want to do checkerboard on a Samsung 3D LED, you have to set the Input Name for whichever HDMI you're using from the PC to 'PC' and that will enable fullscreen checkerboard at 1920x1080. This won't work at 1920x1080@24hz, though. So until nVidia and ATI release a driver update that enables framepacking, and Cyberlink releases another patch to PDVD 10 that enables framepacking, there's no way to watch 3D blu-rays 100% correctly.

[edit]Just realized my username is the same as the OP's. We're not the same person.
I'm using 1920x1080 (landscape mode) over HDMI from an ATI Radeon HD5870 to a Samsung UN40C7000 LED TV.

Previously I was using a 37 inch Series 5 Samsung LCD TV, with the same settings. I have changed literally nothing on the hardware (other than the monitor) or software end in the past two months, and everything was working fine the last time I watched anything.

[edit]Actually wait. It seems I am an idiot and the iz3D driver was screwing things up. I didn't realize that it would be called for any and all hardware accelerated DirectX rendering, including video. Uninstalled it and all is once again right with the world.
As the topic says. I'm running OEM PowerDVD 7, fully updated, and everytime I press play the program just closes instantly. I've tried two different blu-rays and a DVD, and both drives (one Sony blu-ray drive, one DVD-RW drive), with the same results every time. I've also tried in Windows XP and Vista x64. Reinstalled, rebooted, no dice. I even tried downloading the PowerDVD 10 trial, but it crashes before it even boots up.

Does anybody have any ideas? Everything was working fine not too long ago, and the only thing that's changed since then is I bought a new monitor today, and I don't see how that can possibly be causing this problem.
Question: Will PowerDVD 10 work for Blu-Ray 3D output with a Samsung 3D HDTV and Samsung's active shutter glasses?

Logically, if I'm outputting a 3D blu-ray (i.e. the Monsters vs. Aliens disc that''s included with the 3D kit) from my pc to the TV through HDMI and turn on 3D on the TV, the Samsung glasses will synch to the TV and it should work, but will the time sequential 120hz LCD mode in PowerDVD 10 actually output the frames to the TV correctly for that to work?

The 'what 3D devices does PowerDVD 10 support' isn't very much help here, because that seems to be more about using PC displays instead of TVs, and the Blu-Ray 3D standard is for active shutter glasses display, which is why Samsung has dropped checkerboard from all their newer TVs.

[edit]Just downloaded the trial to take a look at the options. Apparently sequential 120hz mode isn't available unless you have nVidia hardware. Has the proper Blu-Ray 3D support even been implemented yet (I didn't see the logo on the splash screen), or is that patch still to come?
Go to: