Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 and Samsung 3D HDTVs
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2010 18:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Question: Will PowerDVD 10 work for Blu-Ray 3D output with a Samsung 3D HDTV and Samsung's active shutter glasses?

Logically, if I'm outputting a 3D blu-ray (i.e. the Monsters vs. Aliens disc that''s included with the 3D kit) from my pc to the TV through HDMI and turn on 3D on the TV, the Samsung glasses will synch to the TV and it should work, but will the time sequential 120hz LCD mode in PowerDVD 10 actually output the frames to the TV correctly for that to work?

The 'what 3D devices does PowerDVD 10 support' isn't very much help here, because that seems to be more about using PC displays instead of TVs, and the Blu-Ray 3D standard is for active shutter glasses display, which is why Samsung has dropped checkerboard from all their newer TVs.

[edit]Just downloaded the trial to take a look at the options. Apparently sequential 120hz mode isn't available unless you have nVidia hardware. Has the proper Blu-Ray 3D support even been implemented yet (I didn't see the logo on the splash screen), or is that patch still to come?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2010 21:58

Kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2010 15:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a samsung DLP with 3d sync output. If I select 3D ready HDTV from the 3d options it splits the frames properly on the tv, but the glasses do not activate. Powerdvd doesn't have a dedicated full screen mode to make the TV sync with the computer.

I can run it properly in 120hz LCD mode. Until the last power dvd software update that is. Now it doesn't work at all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2010 15:29