Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD closes instantly when pressing play.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2010 18:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
As the topic says. I'm running OEM PowerDVD 7, fully updated, and everytime I press play the program just closes instantly. I've tried two different blu-rays and a DVD, and both drives (one Sony blu-ray drive, one DVD-RW drive), with the same results every time. I've also tried in Windows XP and Vista x64. Reinstalled, rebooted, no dice. I even tried downloading the PowerDVD 10 trial, but it crashes before it even boots up.

Does anybody have any ideas? Everything was working fine not too long ago, and the only thing that's changed since then is I bought a new monitor today, and I don't see how that can possibly be causing this problem.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
what resolution do you use?
do you use landscape or portrait modus?

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2010 18:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using 1920x1080 (landscape mode) over HDMI from an ATI Radeon HD5870 to a Samsung UN40C7000 LED TV.

Previously I was using a 37 inch Series 5 Samsung LCD TV, with the same settings. I have changed literally nothing on the hardware (other than the monitor) or software end in the past two months, and everything was working fine the last time I watched anything.

[edit]Actually wait. It seems I am an idiot and the iz3D driver was screwing things up. I didn't realize that it would be called for any and all hardware accelerated DirectX rendering, including video. Uninstalled it and all is once again right with the world.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2010 06:50