Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The capture software that came with the device has a low resolution.
Thanks. I did the work around but this requires me to babysit the capture and realign the videos during the edit process.

This issue is specific to Powerdirector and the Kworld drivers. I did not have this problem with an older capture device. Also while it does happen sometimes because of the noise, other events trigger the problem.

I cannot see why they couldn't fix the problem. All they need to do is suppress the copyright code which clearly is not working correctly. It is clear that their support is limited to having a person search a database for answers and copy paste an answer as a response, even though the response is unrelated to the question.
Can someone please help. I am try to capture my home videos from my VCR using an EZgrabber 2 which uses Kworld drivers. I am using the built capture software in Powerdirector 9 64 bit. 24 minutes into the 2 hour video, I get "The Movie is Copyright-protected - Recording is prohibited". Of course it is not copyright protected but your support stated that my tape was old. So I copied into a new tape and used a new VCR and the same problem occurred. I am stuck and cannot capture my videos.

Support keeps on responding with canned responbes that I have old video tapes or update my drivers. They ignore the content of my reply which states my drivers are current and the tapes are new. I have replied 6 times and they keep providing the same answer. The problem also occurs every 24 minutes.

This is the worst support I have ever seen. How can I escalate? They refuse to take responsibility for their software.
I had the same problem. I capture my home video tapes and PowerDirector 8.0 issues a Copyright Error. I have no problems with other other capture software like WinAvi. I requested technical support to fix the bug and escalate to management and they refuse. Position is "working as design". Worst technical support I have ever experienced. When I complained, they just closed the incident with no reply (CS000900793)
The video file was created with a Plextor U200 Video Capture device. and Presto Digital Siftware. I captured it twice and recieved the same problem but only when capturing against a specific video tape.

Here are the attributes;

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Public\Videos\Home Movies\Gornitsky_1991.mpg
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 2.99 GiB
Duration : 58mn 12s
Overall bit rate : 7 349 Kbps

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=16
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 7 000 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 3:2
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Bottom Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.676
Stream size : 2.84 GiB (95%)

Audio
ID : 192 (0xC0)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 224 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 93.3 MiB (3%)

I understand. The situation was that I created a video and during the burning process, Powerdirector crashes at 51%. So far this is the first video file this has occurred with so uninstallinf and reinstalling would not do anything.

I have found tech support pretty useless. They give canned answers based on key words. Almost like they were an AI product. Some of the recommendations are silly like uninstalling Adobe distiller. Am I supposed to stop using Acrobat.

Right now, I took the raw mpeg-2 video file and produced another mpeg-2 file form Powerdirector. So far that seems to have extracted any abnormaility from the original mpeg-2 file that Powerdirector was having during the burn process.
I was burning a disc to a folder and Powerdirector crashers with the following events;

Faulting application name: PDR8.exe, version: 8.0.0.2704, time stamp: 0x4b8fbf31
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e23e
Faulting process id: 0x1ac4
Faulting application start time: 0x01caf5355a97f3a0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f74f6220-6135-11df-9137-001e8cb61271

Fault bucket 1034394005, type 5
Event Name: FaultTolerantHeap
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: PDR8.exe
P2: 8.0.0.2704
P3: 4B8FBF31
P4: ffffbaad
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\FTH6207.tmp\fthempty.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f758d800-6135-11df-9137-001e8cb61271
Report Status: 0

Fault bucket 1754449935, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: PDR8.exe
P2: 8.0.0.2704
P3: 4b8fbf31
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.1.7600.16385
P6: 4a5bdb3b
P7: c0000005
P8: 0002e23e
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6AAE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_PDR8.exe_ad2998de9aecf518b9b1f19e06df8e65a5f379_0eced68a

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f74f6220-6135-11df-9137-001e8cb61271
Report Status: 0

What now?
Actually it took ten hours and then the burned failed. So I unclick the NVIDIA cuda option, split the content into two projects, burned to a folder, and then burned using IMGBRN. Reduced time to two hours.
Interesting mine also takes 7 hours to burn. It is mpeg2 file that is 1.5 hours long. I have a 16x DVD burner and a very fast 64 bit 4 core computer running on Windows 64 bit. I have transitions, chapters, and menus plus I am using the fix/enhancing features.
I fixed the problem. If unclick hardware decoding, it displays correctly.
The same proble occurs in both the media player and when I burn it on the CD. The problem does not occur with Adobe Premuim Elements 8. Could it be this way because it is the trial version.

If I click on the clip while it is in the media roo, it is fine. The problem only occurs when I drag it to storyboard.
I have aspect ratio set to 4:3 and my video that is being edited is mpeg-2 720 by 480. However when I dragged it into the storyboard, the preview version gets squished. Please see attached picture. I am trying out the trail version. I previously have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and I am looking for an alternative more stable solution.
Go to: