Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Aspect Ratio
CoolBruno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2010 08:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have aspect ratio set to 4:3 and my video that is being edited is mpeg-2 720 by 480. However when I dragged it into the storyboard, the preview version gets squished. Please see attached picture. I am trying out the trail version. I previously have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and I am looking for an alternative more stable solution.
[Thumb - powerdirector.jpg]
 Filename
powerdirector.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
274 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
160 time(s)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Try to determine if it is just the preview, or if it is actually change the video. There is a button below the preview that is for viewing in the media player. Click on that and see how it looks, or produce a clip and view it on your regular media player. I do lots of 720x480 in 16:9, but when I do 4:3 it gets letter boxed, not squished like that. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
CoolBruno [Avatar]
[Post New]
The same proble occurs in both the media player and when I burn it on the CD. The problem does not occur with Adobe Premuim Elements 8. Could it be this way because it is the trial version.

If I click on the clip while it is in the media roo, it is fine. The problem only occurs when I drag it to storyboard.
CoolBruno [Avatar]
[Post New]
I fixed the problem. If unclick hardware decoding, it displays correctly.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Good job. Thanks for letting us know the fix. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM