Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello Dafydd,

I applied the patch file per your instructions and the desktop icon is no more

I haven't had much chance to work with PowerDirector since applying the patch, but wanted to let you know the results.

Thank you,
Andrew
I'm not convinced that this is a problem with the PC.

This "feature" appears to have come along for the ride in the latest patch. Prior to installing the patch, I could start PowerDirector without having it reinstall the Desktop shortcut. After installing the patch, PowerDirector insists on creating the Desktop shortcut.

For what it is worth, I run XP with full administrator privileges at all times.

This is more of an annoyance than anything. I purposely limit my Desktop shortcuts on my system. It would be nice to see this corrected at some point.
I haven't had any crashes since I turned off the "Show sound waveform in Timeline" option under the General preferences tab. I'm not sure if this is a general solution or not, but it seems to have worked for me for a while now.

One other thing that I noticed prior to turning off the waveform option is that I had to make sure that PowerDirector was done with whatever processing it was in the middle of, especially saving files, prior to performing another action. I used the Windows Task Manager to track this. Interestingly, once I stopped displaying the audio waveform, the processor became idle much faster.

Hope this helps.
I have PD3, so I do not know specifically about PD5. I would imagine that the project files should at least be similar.

The PowerDirectory PDS file is an XML based file. You can open a PDS document in notepad or another text editor and perform replace on old path with the new path. I do recommend that you make a backup copy of any PDS file prior to modifying it in this way.

Go to: