Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So I've had powerdirector 9 for about a month now, and I've been feeling limited with the number of special effects options that are available for inclusion into my video clips. Is there a particular website that offers more effects downloads, whether bundled in content packages or not, that I could utilize ?

Thanks
HDedit,

Would I go about converting the entire video by selecting the "Produce" menu and simply converted to MPEG-2 ?
Here is a sample .avi clip that I am using
Attached is the Dxdiag file...I will continue posting advised information on this that would help you help me
Thanks for the reply Kevin,

All of my video clip files are in .avi format because I converted their default formats from youtube to the avi format via the conversion program grab-tube (just for format unity). As of now, on my timeline there are 13 video clips, with apparently a total data size for my project at 322 kbps, (file -> project properties) which doesnt make any sense to me. There are video clips over a megabit in size, so it adds up to a larger amount. So far the length of my video is 3:54 seconds, and the largest video clip is 2.12 MB.

How would I determine the correct aggregate file size of the project I am working on ?

Also, I was thinking of possibly trying to start a blank new project, and then basically importing all of my media files from the current project into the new one, as a refresh measure.

What you have mentioned I'm sure would help the cause, but I'd like to try any 'quick-fix' methods that maybe I'll get lucky with before digging up & posting all of the necessary info on these files.

Lastly, what about a reinstall of the program ?
.avi file format
Hey all,

Yesterday I updated from Powerdirector 8 to version 9, and after installing everything and using the program, I have been getting frequent and consistent crashes. Specifically, an error message pops up that states "Powerdirector is not responding". This message pops up when I am simply moving one of my clips within my video to a different position on the timeline. Also, it happens randomly when viewing videos or editing features, making this program thus far useless for me.

My laptop is/should be perfectly capable of handling this program. I have an Intel Q720 i7 processor, nvidia geforce gt240m w/ latest drivers, 4 gigs of ram, 500 gb of internal HD storage with plenty of free space, etc.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Go to: