CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video and audio out of sync in edit but no produced
Reply to this topic
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
So my video and audio where out of sync, so i seperated them and lined them up manually so they were in sync but when i produced the video it was out of sync again. So as a experiment, I put my out of sync video in the editior, i didn't edit it and i produced it, when i watch the produced video it was in sync. What is going on? It is making it difficult to edit when the audio is out of sync in the editing stage. Thanks
Warry [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 361 Offline
[Post New]
It helps to understand whether the video is lagging behind the audio or audio behind video. If I understand you well, when previewing your clip in the timeline, the audio en video are out of sync. And the shifted and produced video is out of sync but when shown from the timeline in the preview screen in sync again?
If video and audio are from the same source AND the already play well in a video-media-player (let us know!), it may have to do with either the software or the PC capacity (or sometime the drivers).
So I would recommend to check whether the drivers are up to date, and
As this might have to do with the PD preview settings: check that out: If the preview quality is set higher than the PC may be able to handle given the format of the clip, the video may be stuttering of lagging behind. I would certainly try and set the preview quality a bit lower and see what happens.
Let us know how this works out!
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
They are from the same source. The audio was in front. I'll give that a try and see. It only did that today, I edit videos nearly everyday and this is the 1st time I've had this issue. Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 380 Offline
[Post New]
Another possibility is that you're working with video that includes a variable frame rate. Video with a VFR will play fine in a video player but will sometimes go out of sync in an editing program.

You can find out if that's the case by opening your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and the look at the report to see if it shows a variable frame rate. You can also paste that report to this forum and we'll help you read it.

If VFR is the issue, a simple conversion with Handbrake will fix the problem.

ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Another possibility is that you're working with video that includes a variable frame rate. Video with a VFR will play fine in a video player but will sometimes go out of sync in an editing program.

You can find out if that's the case by opening your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and the look at the report to see if it shows a variable frame rate. You can also paste that report to this forum and we'll help you read it.

If VFR is the issue, a simple conversion with Handbrake will fix the problem.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've had similar problems for a while, sound before video to the point the video stops and the sound continues so I have to pause the restart often! The preview at lower rate helped but looks aweful!

The problem I have now is that the program crashes unexpectedly but only when using MP4 that were made on PD but if I use Handbrake to convert to MKV they seem to work....extra work tho!
Reply to this topic