Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video and audio out of sync in edit but no produced
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
So my video and audio where out of sync, so i seperated them and lined them up manually so they were in sync but when i produced the video it was out of sync again. So as a experiment, I put my out of sync video in the editior, i didn't edit it and i produced it, when i watch the produced video it was in sync. What is going on? It is making it difficult to edit when the audio is out of sync in the editing stage. Thanks
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It helps to understand whether the video is lagging behind the audio or audio behind video. If I understand you well, when previewing your clip in the timeline, the audio en video are out of sync. And the shifted and produced video is out of sync but when shown from the timeline in the preview screen in sync again?
If video and audio are from the same source AND the already play well in a video-media-player (let us know!), it may have to do with either the software or the PC capacity (or sometime the drivers).
So I would recommend to check whether the drivers are up to date, and
As this might have to do with the PD preview settings: check that out: If the preview quality is set higher than the PC may be able to handle given the format of the clip, the video may be stuttering of lagging behind. I would certainly try and set the preview quality a bit lower and see what happens.
Let us know how this works out!
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
They are from the same source. The audio was in front. I'll give that a try and see. It only did that today, I edit videos nearly everyday and this is the 1st time I've had this issue. Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Another possibility is that you're working with video that includes a variable frame rate. Video with a VFR will play fine in a video player but will sometimes go out of sync in an editing program.

You can find out if that's the case by opening your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and the look at the report to see if it shows a variable frame rate. You can also paste that report to this forum and we'll help you read it.

If VFR is the issue, a simple conversion with Handbrake will fix the problem.

ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Another possibility is that you're working with video that includes a variable frame rate. Video with a VFR will play fine in a video player but will sometimes go out of sync in an editing program.

You can find out if that's the case by opening your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and the look at the report to see if it shows a variable frame rate. You can also paste that report to this forum and we'll help you read it.

If VFR is the issue, a simple conversion with Handbrake will fix the problem.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I've had similar problems for a while, sound before video to the point the video stops and the sound continues so I have to pause the restart often! The preview at lower rate helped but looks aweful!

The problem I have now is that the program crashes unexpectedly but only when using MP4 that were made on PD but if I use Handbrake to convert to MKV they seem to work....extra work tho!
DarthErik1974 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2020 21:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I've had a similar issue with some old family films. I had the films digitized and would like to put them on a DVD (yes, I still make those) to give the family at Christmas. I've playtested the files and there is significant lag between audio and video. For now I'm focusing on one of the shorter clips, and if I can nail the issue with this one, I can hopefully apply the same solution to the longer ones. I can unlink the audio and video easily enough and move them around, but if there's a solid digital solution (one that doesn't rely on my clumsy efforts), that is best.

Following some advice on this thread, I analyzed the file using MediaInfo. The text output is pasted below. To my untrained eye, it looks like I am dealing with constant frame rate video (24.00 fps). It looks like the audio has a different frame rate (46.875 fps). How can I use this information to re-sync the audio and video?

Cheers,

Erik

General
Complete name : E:\Videos and Sounds\Cyber Link\2021 Family Videos\Carlson Family Films\Carlson Films 17.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 134 MiB
Duration : 3 min 2 s
Overall bit rate : 6 171 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf57.83.100
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3
Format settings : 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 6 040 kb/s
Width : 1 440 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.162
Stream size : 131 MiB (98%)
Writing library : x264 core 152 r2854 e9a5903
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=34 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=23.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Codec configuration box : avcC
Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration_LastFrame : -2 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.79 MiB (2%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1
Other
ID : 3
Type : Time code
Format : QuickTime TC
Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
Time code of first frame : 01:00:00:00
Time code, striped : Yes
Language : English
Default : No
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The simplest solution is to run the file through Handbrake, as suggested earlier in this thread.
DarthErik1974 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2020 21:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The simplest solution is to run the file through Handbrake, as suggested earlier in this thread.

I tried that but haven't gotten the video and audio in sync yet. I need to fiddle with it a bit more before I go to Plan B.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried that but haven't gotten the video and audio in sync yet. I need to fiddle with it a bit more before I go to Plan B.

It's not clear from your post whether the A and V are in sync in your source clips or not. If they're not in sync when playing them in a standard media app you'd need to unlink them in PD and manually align them before producing. Note your project framerate may also need to be 24fps and you should produce at that rate as well.

If the clips are in sync when playing them outside of PD and they only go out of sync after you've produced the video, then using Handbrake to convert the source clips to .mkv first as suggested earlier may give you better results in PD.

If you still have trouble and you're comfrtable sharing a short source clip here, you can upload it directly using the Attachments button under the forum's text box as long as the file size is <100MB.

If it's larger than that, you can upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I do recall that silent 8mm film were recorded at 17 fps and sound 8mm film were recorded at 24 fps. The supplied mediainfo indicates that the film may have been digitized incorrectly and it will be out of audio sync when using a normal media player.
astroASMR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2021 07:02 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I do recall that silent 8mm film were recorded at 17 fps and sound 8mm film were recorded at 24 fps. The supplied mediainfo indicates that the film may have been digitized incorrectly and it will be out of audio sync when using a normal media player.

someone fix this issue its NOT a media issue, i use to use "gamebar" to copy my screen the edit it with cyberlink power director
there has NEVER been an option, and now for NO reason suddenly its playing out of sync when editing, why? did cyberlink get a weird update that doesn't work

because i haven't not changed anything from capturing to editing why the issue now?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

someone fix this issue its NOT a media issue, i use to use "gamebar" to copy my screen the edit it with cyberlink power director
there has NEVER been an option, and now for NO reason suddenly its playing out of sync when editing, why? did cyberlink get a weird update that doesn't work

because i haven't not changed anything from capturing to editing why the issue now?

Hi,

You don't say which exact version of PDR19 you're on and your info is a bit sparse. The more information you can give members, the better the chances that they can help. On the info so far any suggestion is likely to be just a guess.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83321.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Make sure that all cables are securely connected to your TV and your source device (set-top box, Blu-ray Disc player, home theater system, etc.) Play a different video source to determine if the issue occurs with other devices. On your TV, set the Game Mode setting accordingly. Not all TVs have this setting

This issue is with MP4 files from cameras, no cables involved, I'm on the latest 365 version, with a Ryzen 5800, 48Gb RAM and windows 10. Playback during editing, you can get the audio playing faster than the video can catch up......annoying when you're trying to sync things. I've had to change settings on the cameras to not use HEVC, especially the 265, as this makes it worse.