CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline view won't resize - takes up 90% of screen
Reply to this topic
Capt.Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 26, 2021 08:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector for a few weeks now, very much enjoying it. But today I started PowerDirector and the Timeline takes up most of the view, and won't let me resize it. No matter how I try to resize or drag it - it won't resize. This has happened twice now. The first time I finally gave up and re-installed PowerDirector and it fixed it. I can't keep re-installing every couple weeks. Has anyone else run into this? I'm running on a laptop with a 32" 4K monitor attached.
Capt.Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 26, 2021 08:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
To be clear, there's barely any view of the Media Content pane, or the preview pane left. And if I resize the window, the timeline just grows with it leaving me in the same scenario.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6537 Offline
[Post New]
It's normally a simple matter of dragging the control with 5 little dots above the timeline up and down, and the one with 5 vertical dots long the left edge of the preview window as is shown in this short screen recording:

If that doesn't work for any reason, a screenshot or screen recording would help us see your situation and give us a better shot at helping you.
Michael Dean [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 16, 2015 13:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's normally a simple matter of dragging the control with 5 little dots above the timeline up and down, and the one with 5 vertical dots long the left edge of the preview window as is shown in this short screen recording:

If that doesn't work for any reason, a screenshot or screen recording would help us see your situation and give us a better shot at helping you.

I have the same problem. Timeline also has a large area at the top with no tracks...
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 6537 Offline
[Post New]
A screenshot would be very useful.

Use Alt+PrintScreen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2021 15:18

Reply to this topic