Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parameter incorrect error, SVRT running slow, AAC low bitrate encoding
[Post New]
Since recently upgrading to a brand new and more powerful PC, I am still having the following issues that I've had since upgrading to this last fall. These lead me to believe that CL is simply unwilling to fix them as I have attempted to report them several times:

-Random crashes out of nowhere (not as frequent as previous update but still occur)

-The Parameter is incorrect error after importing a recently exported video. This error renders the media library innacessible until the program is restarted.

-Slow rendering times when using SVRT5, SVRT would normally speed up the rendering process, using it now slows it down to even slower than not using it.

-AAC encoder often ignores preferences and encodes at a low bitrate instead of one requested.

any ideas on how to resolve these issues since CL again seems to be unwilling to fix them?

My PC is now

Acer Aspire 3
Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i5- 10210u
8GB Ram

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2020 04:44

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The exact version on PD, and your dxdiag as an attachment. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote The exact version on PD, and your dxdiag as an attachment.

I'm using the absolute latest version of PD365, included in screenshot as attachment.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
244 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-04-18 122447.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-04-18 122447.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag info. According to your laptop's support page, you have Acer's latest video driver, although that's running several versions behind Intel's l;atest release. However, Microsoft controls which driver I can install on my Surface Pro 3, and mine dates from 2016, so I don't think you not having the very latest version is the issue.

It's more likely that the crashes are due to problems with WIndows, rather than PD, as the final lines in the test results show several crashes related to Windows Update and the Edge browser. I suggest running the two commands shown in bold in this post to see if there are any damaged files.

It would also help if you could share a sample clip that gives the media error message. Upload it to a cloud folder on Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the shareable link to it here so other people can test it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag info. According to your laptop's support page, you have Acer's latest video driver, although that's running several versions behind Intel's l;atest release. However, Microsoft controls which driver I can install on my Surface Pro 3, and mine dates from 2016, so I don't think you not having the very latest version is the issue.

It's more likely that the crashes are due to problems with WIndows, rather than PD, as the final lines in the test results show several crashes related to Windows Update and the Edge browser. I suggest running the two commands shown in bold in this post to see if there are any damaged files.

It would also help if you could share a sample clip that gives the media error message. Upload it to a cloud folder on Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the shareable link to it here so other people can test it on their systems.

Here's a screen capture of it doing it. All I did in this instance was put a transition in. Very annoying issue!
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-04-19 123557.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-04-19 123557.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
378 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here's a screen capture of it doing it. All I did in this instance was put a transition in. Very annoying issue!

That's helpful, but it would be better to have the actual clip that you've used precut on, and even more helpful would be to use Pack Project Materials under the File menu and save the packed project to OneDrive/Google Drive so we can test everything exactly as you've shown.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]

That's helpful, but it would be better to have the actual clip that you've used precut on, and even more helpful would be to use Pack Project Materials under the File menu and save the packed project to OneDrive/Google Drive so we can test everything exactly as you've shown.

it legit just happened when I exported this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL9qWPiCTBo

next time it happens , i'll try that option.
optodata
[Post New]
I can generally see the kinds of edits you've made, but nothing you're doing on the timeline should cause PD to crash. Packing the project and source clips and sharing it here might provide some clues to the media source errors.

I still think you should run the check and repair tools I linked to earlier to try and resolve the bigger issues, like crashes.

YouTube/optodata

mamethot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2008 19:13 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same issue. I have opened a ticket with Cyberlink, we'll see. I had the problem on my older PC which I retired earlier in February. I now have the same issue on the new machine.

I am not able to find the exact trigger to the problem but I have found ways to make it disappear or reset so I don't have to restart the program and waste precious time.

Usually the issue occurs when I navigate away from the media room (video clips) to the transition or effects room. Then when clicking the media room I sometimes get the popup.

I found lately that the issue is "resolved" by the following steps:

• Click ok on the popup

• changing the "Media Content" listbox to color boards

• changing the library menu option to "Details"

• Going to transitions or titles

• then going back to Media Room and changing display to Large icons.

Definitely a bug in the management of the windows in the program an¸d hopefully Cyberlink will address the annoyance soon...

Quote I can generally see the kinds of edits you've made, but nothing you're doing on the timeline should cause PD to crash. Packing the project and source clips and sharing it here might provide some clues to the media source errors.

I still think you should run the check and repair tools I linked to earlier to try and resolve the bigger issues, like crashes.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
164 time(s)
[Thumb - 2020-04-16_22-14-20.jpg]
 Filename
2020-04-16_22-14-20.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
125 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Marc-Antoine
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am experiencing the same issue. I have opened a ticket with Cyberlink, we'll see. I had the problem on my older PC which I retired earlier in February. I now have the same issue on the new machine.

Thanks for supplying all these details! You and I have very similar PCs, yet I don't have any stability issues and I can see two clear issues in your DxDiag results.

The first is that you're using an older driver for your nVidia RTX 2070 SUPER.

It's not terribly old, but it is about 6 months out of date. I suggest you download and install the latest Studio Driver (rather than the Game Ready version) as we've been told that PD is supposed to work better with that. Here's the link, and you should do a custom installation and only install the video driver to reduce problems that have historically been caused by the other components.

Of more relevance is the wide variety of Windows system-level app crashes that are listed at the end of the report. Specifically, dwm.exe (Desktop Windows Manager) is listed more than any other, and that points to some fairly significant issues with how Win10 is installed/configured on your system.

Please follow the instructions I linked to in my first post above and run the two diagnostic commands. Chances are they'll find and repair some damaged files, but I can't say for sure if that will be enough to fully stabilize your system.

YouTube/optodata

mamethot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2008 19:13 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Great information, I'll follow the recommandation for sure!

Thanks!

Thanks for supplying all these details! You and I have very similar PCs, yet I don't have any stability issues and I can see two clear issues in your DxDiag results.

The first is that you're using an older driver for your nVidia RTX 2070 SUPER.

It's not terribly old, but it is about 6 months out of date. I suggest you download and install the latest Studio Driver (rather than the Game Ready version) as we've been told that PD is supposed to work better with that. Here's the link, and you should do a custom installation and only install the video driver to reduce problems that have historically been caused by the other components.

Of more relevance is the wide variety of Windows system-level app crashes that are listed at the end of the report. Specifically, dwm.exe (Desktop Windows Manager) is listed more than any other, and that points to some fairly significant issues with how Win10 is installed/configured on your system.

Please follow the instructions I linked to in my first post above and run the two diagnostic commands. Chances are they'll find and repair some damaged files, but I can't say for sure if that will be enough to fully stabilize your system.
Marc-Antoine
[Post New]
Just got that f*cking invalid parameter error again while working on this clip.
 Filename
PackedProject.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1047 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
182 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Just got that f*cking invalid parameter error again while working on this clip.

The project (PDS) file doesn't contain any clips, only the edits you've made to them.

Please upload the MOBIUS0000030.mp4 clip to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. so we can load it in the project you've shared. It's too large to attach to the forum like you were able to do with the project file.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

The project (PDS) file doesn't contain any clips, only the edits you've made to them.

Please upload the MOBIUS0000030.mp4 clip to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. so we can load it in the project you've shared. It's too large to attach to the forum like you were able to do with the project file.

here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3vdnIkXhMBfQ_1FWyp1tjDxLUQJlrum/view?usp=sharing
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks! I don't see any issues with your Pre-cuts or with the clips on the main timeline:

You might want to delete all the temporary files. Use File | New Project, then go to Preferences | General | Manually Delete and choose Select All, then Delete Selected Files and click on Close, then click OK.

Reopen your original project and see if the error message goes away.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Quote Thanks! I don't see any issues with your Pre-cuts or with the clips on the main timeline:

You might want to delete all the temporary files. Use File | New Project, then go to Preferences | General | Manually Delete and choose Select All, then Delete Selected Files and click on Close, then click OK.

Reopen your original project and see if the error message goes away.

Didn't help, issue still occurs with other files. This is just an overly buggy program.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Didn't help, issue still occurs with other files. This is just an overly buggy program.

Not many other people are reporting this, but you may want to contact Cyberlink tech support here and see if they can help you out.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Ugh, this program is getting worse by the day. My whole editing session was plagued by the parameter is incorrect error then when i went to do a freeze frame I got it again and now it's frozen like is shown in the screenshot. To make matters worse, CS didn't even bother to answer me.
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-06 214242.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-06 214242.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
361 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
It generally takes a couple of days for tech support to respond, and there may be longer wait times due to Covid-19.

I'm pretty sure that the issues are buried somewhere in your system. I haven't seen you post that you tried the Windows repair commands I linked to in my first post above. Can you run them now or post what the results were if you've already done that?

YouTube/optodata

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ugh, this program is getting worse by the day. My whole editing session was plagued by the parameter is incorrect error then when i went to do a freeze frame I got it again and now it's frozen like is shown in the screenshot. To make matters worse, CS didn't even bother to answer me.

We don't receive the same condition you encounter currently.
There could be issues on your PC.
Perhaps after you directly reinstalled Windows on your PC, it can resolve all those unknown issues that didn't occur on most of other users platforms.

It's what you can do right away without contacting anyone, and no delaying. It sounds great, huh?

Their CS didn't even bother to answer you? Really? When did you contact them?

I believe you are such a VIP, so you are looking forward to that after your contact, there will be a respresentative come in person to serve you right right away on this COVID-19 outbreak session.

But, how much did you pay cyberlink for this service? $500 or $1000 or more?

Be a little more patient to find the PEACE in your mind, and being "nice" is not that difficult.