Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parameter incorrect error, SVRT running slow, AAC low bitrate encoding
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ugh, this program is getting worse by the day. My whole editing session was plagued by the parameter is incorrect error then when i went to do a freeze frame I got it again and now it's frozen like is shown in the screenshot. To make matters worse, CS didn't even bother to answer me.

We don't receive the same condition you encounter currently.
There could be issues on your PC.
Perhaps after you directly reinstalled Windows on your PC, it can resolve all those unknown issues that didn't occur on most of other users platforms.

It's what you can do right away without contacting anyone, and no delaying. It sounds great, huh?

Their CS didn't even bother to answer you? Really? When did you contact them?

I believe you are such a VIP, so you are looking forward to that after your contact, there will be a respresentative come in person to serve you right right away on this COVID-19 outbreak session.

But, how much did you pay cyberlink for this service? $500 or $1000 or more?

Be a little more patient to find the PEACE in your mind, and being "nice" is not that difficult.
[Post New]
Quote It generally takes a couple of days for tech support to respond, and there may be longer wait times due to Covid-19.

I'm pretty sure that the issues are buried somewhere in your system. I haven't seen you post that you tried the Windows repair commands I linked to in my first post above. Can you run them now or post what the results were if you've already done that?

No issues were found. This is a brand new PC and these issues followed me over from a previous system I've had these issues on. So..it's pointing to an issue with the program.
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-08 180445.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-08 180445.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
25 time(s)
[Post New]

We don't receive the same condition you encounter currently.
There could be issues on your PC.
Perhaps after you directly reinstalled Windows on your PC, it can resolve all those unknown issues that didn't occur on most of other users platforms.

It's what you can do right away without contacting anyone, and no delaying. It sounds great, huh?

This is a BRAND NEW PC that I bought in April, it has nothing to do with the PC, especially since it followed me from another PC that I was using this program on

Their CS didn't even bother to answer you? Really? When did you contact them?

I've contacted them last saturday on this issue and still no response

I believe you are such a VIP, so you are looking forward to that after your contact, there will be a respresentative come in person to serve you right right away on this COVID-19 outbreak session.

But, how much did you pay cyberlink for this service? $500 or $1000 or more?

Be a little more patient to find the PEACE in your mind, and being "nice" is not that difficult.

My issue is that I've handed them over $140 of my hard earned money for this program that has been operating like shít for the better part of two years now since they first started this subscription service. Apparently they have a more difficult time making a reliable program. I just want what I am paying for and so far I'm finding a boatload of bugs.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is a BRAND NEW PC that I bought in April, it has nothing to do with the PC, especially since it followed me from another PC that I was using this program on

I'm not sure what else we can do if we're only dealing with subjective experiences.

I don't have any crashes and had no problems with your project, so I could easily say "it has nothing to do with PD, especially since I have no problems on my laptop either."

What good would that do? I've tried to provide you with the most helpful suggestions that I've honed over the years for getting PD to work solidly, and yet PD is still not able to provide a smooth editing experience.

I know you won't like this, but when people have had intractable issues and were willing to do a full reinstall of Windows, PD worked properly in all but one case that I'm aware of. Being brand new only means it came configured the way Acer wanted it to, and there are many times when vendor-supplied apps and settings have interfered with programs the user wants or needs to run.

I don't know how willing you might be to try this, but if you made a system image of your laptop right now (using free software like Macrium) and verified that you could restore it if needed, you could do a clean install of Win10 on your laptop and PD will run smoothly.

You mentioned 4 problems in your OP; crashes, media errors, SVRT not working and AAC bitrate issues. You haven't provided any info on the last two, though.

There were SVRT problems in earlier releases that might still need to be addressed, but I'm certain that a clean Win10 reinstall would solve the first 2.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
This is a BRAND NEW PC that I bought in April, it has nothing to do with the PC, especially since it followed me from another PC that I was using this program on
I've contacted them last saturday on this issue and still no response
My issue is that I've handed them over $140 of my hard earned money for this program that has been operating like shít for the better part of two years now since they first started this subscription service. Apparently they have a more difficult time making a reliable program. I just want what I am paying for and so far I'm finding a boatload of bugs.

Hi,

I'm afraid I can only confirm Optodata's comments. I have also had no problems editing your project and media. My system is very standard, I deliberately do not update drivers etc. unless I have a proven need to, this GPU is very standard, my CPU is very standard etc.
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I keep it this way as an "average user" system for general use and testing.

so I could also say it's not PDR.

However, you clearly say you do have a problem and so it is some combination of PDR AND your system/editing environment.
Please let me know your CS ticket details and I can try and find out more after the weekend.

PowerDirector Moderator
[Post New]

I'm not sure what else we can do if we're only dealing with subjective experiences.

I don't have any crashes and had no problems with your project, so I could easily say "it has nothing to do with PD, especially since I have no problems on my laptop either."

What good would that do? I've tried to provide you with the most helpful suggestions that I've honed over the years for getting PD to work solidly, and yet PD is still not able to provide a smooth editing experience.

I know you won't like this, but when people have had intractable issues and were willing to do a full reinstall of Windows, PD worked properly in all but one case that I'm aware of. Being brand new only means it came configured the way Acer wanted it to, and there are many times when vendor-supplied apps and settings have interfered with programs the user wants or needs to run.

I don't know how willing you might be to try this, but if you made a system image of your laptop right now (using free software like Macrium) and verified that you could restore it if needed, you could do a clean install of Win10 on your laptop and PD will run smoothly.

You mentioned 4 problems in your OP; crashes, media errors, SVRT not working and AAC bitrate issues. You haven't provided any info on the last two, though.

There were SVRT problems in earlier releases that might still need to be addressed, but I'm certain that a clean Win10 reinstall would solve the first 2.

So many hurdles to jump through just to get something to work out of the box like it previously was able to, I didn't have these issues until the 365 service started. Explain that? Here's evidence of the SVRT issues, 1st screenshot is the time remaining after 5 minutes with SVRT enabled and the second one is the same without SVRT. Granted, these are 4K UHD files upscaled from 1080p but it still shouldn't take hours. And all of this for the 3rd issue to happen which is also in the screenshot...causing me to have to delay my premiere again as I now have to export a new file. I finally got a response from PD and its a pile of hogwash as expected

Dear ____,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are receiving an error message that parameter is incorrect when editing a file in PowerDirector 365. We are more than glad to assist you.
With reference to your query, after pilot checking, we are not able to reproduce the same condition in our lab on testing platforms.

PowerDirector 18/365 edited projects and added media to timeline normally per the technical checking.

The root cause of the condition is unknown, and it could possibly be related to certain video projects, media files, software/hardware compatibility, or unknown abnormal system and program configurations on certain platforms.

After checking the platform info you provided (DxDiag), we found that there is an USB removable storage you connected to the PC.

For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest to copy the source video/image files from the USB storage to local hard drive instead.

Open a new project, and then import/add the media files from local hard drive to timeline in PowerDirector.

And then check if the editing and production works normally after the above steps on the new project.

If condition persists, please provide the following information:
1. The Pack Project Material including the media files you would like to add in the project.
Pack Project Material. This saves or backs up all your video production files in one place.
1.1 On the PowerDirector menu click File.
1.2 Select Pack Project Materials.
1.3 Create a new folder and name it, then click on Select Folder button to save.
2. Screen recording video that records the editing progress till the error message occurred in PowerDirector.
Please upload the requested files to cloud storage service(Google Drive, DropBox, Microsoft OneDrive) and share the file's download link to us for download or with a public link, however, not by email or cloud storage account invitation.
Please be advised that you may sign up or get Cloud storage for free from Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive using the links below.
For instance, Google Drive:
https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822
1. Upload the file to Google Drive.
2. Refer to step 2 in the article "Share a link to the file".
3. Get the sharable link of the files, and give the links to us.
For Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/view-only-access
1. Upload the file to Dropbox.
2. Refer to the section in the article "How to share a link to a file or folder".
3. Get the sharable link of the files, and give the links to us.
For Microsoft OneDrive:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07
1. Upload the file to OneDrive.
2. Refer to the section in the article "Share -> Get a link".
3. Set the share link as "View only"
4. Get the sharable link of the files, and give the links to us.

3. and the Registry log below:

1. Open Windows Registry Editor:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027573/windows-10-open-registry-editor

2. Go to the following path in the Windows registry editor:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector18

4. Right click on the " PowerDirector18 " folder and then select "Export"
5. Export the registry to desktop, compress the exported registry file as a zip.
6. Upload the zip file to us for further investigation.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back to us:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Andrew
CyberLink Technical Support

It's pitiful that they can't even give a solid answer as to why this issue is occuring, I've had the parameter issues both with files on internal and external media on both the PCs that I have. This program has major problems.
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-11 035745.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-11 035745.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
249 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-11 040343.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-11 040343.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
402 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-11 103308.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-11 103308.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 11. 2020 11:55

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So many hurdles to jump through just to get something to work out of the box like it previously was able to, I didn't have these issues until the 365 service started. Explain that?

I'm not saying PD365 is bug free or that there's anything wrong with expecting it to work as well as earlier versions, I've only said that I haven't seen the issues you've described and nobody on the forum has been able to replicate them either.

Quote ... Granted, these are 4K UHD files upscaled from 1080p but it still shouldn't take hours.

Well that is most definitely an issue, but not in the way you expect.

According to my understanding of how SVRT works, SVRT should not even be an available option when you're doing a signifcant change like upscaling, so I'm not suprised that it didn't work out very well if that option was somehow present.

I can't get SVRT to show up if I change to an upscaling producing profile, and it would be very helpful to see your original or a shorter test project where you were able to get the SVRT option under those conditions.

Quote And all of this for the 3rd issue to happen which is also in the screenshot.

I don't have enough context to understand what this means. Are you describing the 383Kbps bit rate in the media details? What was the source rate?

Quote I finally got a response from PD and its a pile of hogwash as expected

I'm having trouble seeing the response as anything but trying to help. They want to eliminate the possibility that having media on a USB drive is causing any problems, and then they're asking you to share the full project with them so they will be working with the exact edits and clips you were using when the problems occurred. They also want to see your system's PD registry settings so that have the complete picture.

It's a little long-winded, but I don't see anything at all that isn't directly tied to trying to diagnose what's happening.

I hope you'll follow through so they can do a thorough anaylsis and see if there's anything within PD that needs to be fixed and/or if any settings or configurations on your PC need tweaking.
[Post New]

I'm not saying PD365 is bug free or that there's anything wrong with expecting it to work as well as earlier versions, I've only said that I haven't seen the issues you've described and nobody on the forum has been able to replicate them either.

Well that is most definitely an issue, but not in the way you expect.

According to my understanding of how SVRT works, SVRT should not even be an available option when you're doing a signifcant change like upscaling, so I'm not suprised that it didn't work out very well if that option was somehow present.

I can't get SVRT to show up if I change to an upscaling producing profile, and it would be very helpful to see your original or a shorter test project where you were able to get the SVRT option under those conditions.

I've upscaled all the files to 4K individually before doing the full project so it should just render from there but it doesn't. It's increased time even at their native 1080p60 resolution. Without SVRT in 1080p60, it takes my system about 5 minutes to render a 7 minute video, with it...it was over a half hour. This was when I first got this PC. Prior to PD365 SVRT was rendering 10+ minute videos in 5 to 7 minutes even on my old system.

I don't have enough context to understand what this means. Are you describing the 383Kbps bit rate in the media details? What was the source rate?

All the files come off my camera as 128k AAC, 48khz mono. When I edit them so as to not induce transcoding and compound compression artifacts, I change it to LPCM 1538kbps 48khz stereo. When it comes time to do the final project since youtube doesn't support LPCM videos longer than 3 minutes I choose to export them in AAC at 384kbps at a 48khz per the youtube specifications. However, since PD365 is so buggy it sometimes lowers the sample rate to 24khz for no reason at all, causing me to then have to export another file which will come out normal.

I'm having trouble seeing the response as anything but trying to help. They want to eliminate the possibility that having media on a USB drive is causing any problems, and then they're asking you to share the full project with them so they will be working with the exact edits and clips you were using when the problems occurred. They also want to see your system's PD registry settings so that have the complete picture.

It's a little long-winded, but I don't see anything at all that isn't directly tied to trying to diagnose what's happening.

I hope you'll follow through so they can do a thorough anaylsis and see if there's anything within PD that needs to be fixed and/or if any settings or configurations on your PC need tweaking.

It's hard to catch when the parameter is incorrect error will even happen, sometimes it happens when doing something as simple as adding a caption.
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for explaining the upscaling. I was wondering if you'd done that ahead of time, but it seemed like you'd specifically mentioned it because you were upscaling using SVRT.

Without any source clips (at a minimum) and ideally, a sample project, there's little chance that any fellow users here on the forum or the people in tech support will be able to dupliacte the issues you're seeing. Please consider sharing them if there isn't any sensitive content.

All the videos I upload to YT use AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio. My Canon 4K/60p camera records as AAC and my HD/60p records as LPCM. I don't make any intermediate audio versions (unless I need to use AudioDirector, which exports as .WAV), and none of my produced videos has had such a severe reduction in audio quaility or bit rate.

I have no explanation for what might be happening to you, which is why having your actual clips and project would be so helpful. I know you've tried deleting the temp files, but are are you using shadow files at all?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for explaining the upscaling. I was wondering if you'd done that ahead of time, but it seemed like you'd specifically mentioned it because you were upscaling using SVRT.

Without any source clips (at a minimum) and ideally, a sample project, there's little chance that any fellow users here on the forum or the people in tech support will be able to dupliacte the issues you're seeing. Please consider sharing them if there isn't any sensitive content.

All the videos I upload to YT use AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio. My Canon 4K/60p camera records as AAC and my HD/60p records as LPCM. I don't make any intermediate audio versions (unless I need to use AudioDirector, which exports as .WAV), and none of my produced videos has had such a severe reduction in audio quaility or bit rate.

I have no explanation for what might be happening to you, which is why having your actual clips and project would be so helpful. I know you've tried deleting the temp files, but are are you using shadow files at all?

Got the parameter is incorrect error really badly when trying to edit these clips together from both my cameras. See if you get the error, the AAC encoding problem or the SVRT problem when rendering the project together.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EPBbBtj6u_CZexyw3BvolQHR87kUDSwf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1llJgzZy1eoJXpSCnq_JtsIYY5oRTxeFy
 Filename
PackedProject.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2019 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
670 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for uploading the PDS file and the two clips.

The PDS file doesn't ever contain media, so you will need to use File | Pack Project Materials and send everything (MP3, JPG, M4A, etc. clips) to Google Drive before anyone here can access your whole project.

Also, something seems very unusual with your 2020_05_11_145425_00.MP4 clip, as it apparently contains two different video streams (HEVC 1920x1080 60p and AVC 960x540 60p). PD sees the clips as HEVC, but I imagine that the other embedded stream could cause the kinds of problems you've been seeing.

Your other clip has just 1 AVC video stream, and I'll do more testing once you've uploaded the other project clips to G Drive.
 Filename
2020_05_11_145425_00 MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Codec details showing 2 video streams
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
557 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2020 18:39

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for uploading the PDS file and the two clips.

The PDS file doesn't ever contain media, so you will need to use File | Pack Project Materials and send everything (MP3, JPG, M4A, etc. clips) to Google Drive before anyone here can access your whole project.

Also, something seems very unusual with your 2020_05_11_145425_00.MP4 clip, as it apparently contains two different video streams (HEVC 1920x1080 60p and AVC 960x540 60p). PD sees the clips as HEVC, but I imagine that the other embedded stream could cause the kinds of problems you've been seeing.

Your other clip has just 1 AVC video stream, and I'll do more testing once you've uploaded the other project clips to G Drive.

The second stream is accessed when using the mobile app that came with the camera so as to facilitate easier sharing etc, I was having that issue even with my other camera that I've been using and still do because I have hundreds of GB of footage from that camera yet to go through and edit. I've incidently uploaded the wrong pds file...here's the correct one.
 Filename
editing temp.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
719 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
654 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
I understand about the low res preview and it would be interesting to see if stripped versions (run through Handbrake or VirtualDub2 first) gave you any problems.

I still need the Zelda...m4a and SnapShot(20).jpg clips

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
I haven't run into any problems working with the timeline or producing to several different formats while waiting for the missing clips.

I did try running the multi-stream clip through VDub2 and it only saw the low-res AVC stream. The produced version was stripped of the high quality HEVC which was exactly the opposite of what I wanted.

I then produced the clip all by itself in PD18 to a matching HEVC profile and got this single video stream version. You may want to close PD, rename the original clip and give this -1 clip the original name, then open up your Editing Temp project again and see if PD does better with a single stream HEVC clip.

YouTube/optodata

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

Can't agree with Optodata more.

If most of other user's platforms do not receive the same issue when editing the same files and project, it is reasonable to assume that the status of your Windows system is not flawless, and there could be some unknown issues in the system already.

I believe your ultimate goal is to edit your videos in PD successfully.
The direct and quickest solution is to reinstall Windows from scratch.
Novice users might need some IT guys to do the favor decades ago, but it's not that difficult to reinstall Windows nowadays.

A brand new PC might probably mean you haven't added lots of custom settings on the platform yet.
And, the reinstallation of Windows 10 can be shortly done within an hour on a new platform.
Here are the steps:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415

Save the time and effort on complaining that PD is a broken program.
It is a contradiction with others as there are so many professional users sharing their video editing experiences of PD here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2020 03:32

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have also downloaded and opened you .pds, like Optodata I can edit it normally with fades, colour correction, splits etc Insert particles and play with opacity - I get no issues.

Although you didn't post your Ticket No. as I requested, I understand that you contacted CS around the 5/6th, you got a 1st response reply which you seem to have dismissed, although as Optodata said "I'm having trouble seeing the response as anything but trying to help......."

I understand you have now sent your project to CS as they requested.

I can only recommend you continue dealing with your issues through CS as it appears no-one here can replicate your issue.

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2020 05:07

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you do get a solution would you please be kind enough to share it with us? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote If you do get a solution would you please be kind enough to share it with us?

ugh, still having this problem and everything else under the sun. I've tried CS suggestion which was to delete a registry entry and the problem returned. They also suggested that I record my entire editing session and upload it to them which I did. When I went to do that, I incidentally closed the ticket so I submitted a new one and now I can't even access their reply.... wtf?
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-19 002750.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-19 002750.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
414 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-19 002701.png]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-19 002701.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Use the link in the notification email

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Hi Folks,

I think this topic has run its course for members.

It seems to be an isolated issue reported by this user and seems to very specific to his operating environment and not replicated either by members or CS.

My info is that the OP has been asked by CS to act on several aspects of the issue to try and get a solution to this very specific problem.

CS are working with him to try and isolate the cause. The OP will need to follow the recommendations given and work with CS to see if a solution can be found and therefore there is little scope for members to continue to be involved.

I'll lock the thread to avoid confusion for others who may follow.

Thanks for the varied inputs from members to help.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2020 21:18

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do