Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Patch Update v3424 Now Available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Members,

PowerDirector 16 Patch Update v3424 is now available.

Install this patch for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.

Note:
This patch is NOT for subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.

Build Info:
Version : PowerDirector 16 Build number : 16.0.3424 SR number : VDE181119-02

Release Notes:
Updates PowerDirector 16 to build 3424

Adds support for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.*

* This update does not remove support for the NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration in the older VGA drivers.

Software Update pages:

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 28. 2019 21:06

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
What an improvement! CPU running at 57% wth my old Nvidia GTX 640 playing along merrily at 40+%. Timeline playing at 1080P Full HD res

Big Thank you for this update cool I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What an improvement! CPU running at 57% wth my old Nvidia GTX 640 playing along merrily at 40+%. Timeline playing at 1080P Full HD res

Big Thank you for this update cool

This is weird ! After I downloaded the patch, every ran smoothly. Now a day later, my GPU is running at what it used to, 15% with my CPU running at 80-100%. I've also had to reduce preview quality!
PowerDirector is the only program running at the moment.frown

Not sure what's happening. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Sanubari [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2018 08:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the Steam version. How can I get the patch for Steam version?

I need the hardware video encoder to be enabled again for faster rendering video.
RussCRX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2019 18:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the Patch is available but it still doesn't fix any of the issues I have with rendered video being blank.

I see also that you still can't change the initial window size.

Cyberlinks customer support is a complete waste of time.

Will not be buying any more of their software
Krzysztof Malinowski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2019 13:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

as the friend above:

I need the hardware video encoder to be enabled again for faster rendering video.

Please assist.

Best regards,
Chris
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

as the friend above:

Please assist.

Best regards,
Chris

Hello,

The patch updates for the Steam version are applied automatically via the Steam portal service. Which exact version of PowerDirector 16 do you have (Ultra or Ultimate)? I'll confirm with CyberLink whether the latest version should be available on Steam.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2019 04:46

Krzysztof Malinowski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2019 13:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

The patch updates for the Steam version are applied automatically via the Steam portal service. Which exact version of PowerDirector 16 do you have (Ultra or Ultimate)? I'll confirm with CyberLink whether the latest version should be available on Steam.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi,
I have PD 16 Ultra.
Current version is 16.0.2816.3.
I have downloaded it via Steam 2 days ago so it is the latest available.
Steam has the option to enable beta download but unfortunatly nothing is offered for PD16.

Best regards,

Chris
Sarah Miller [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 20, 2019 13:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been uploading my projects to Youtube for a while now with no issues. But my project yesterday would not work and Youtube told me that it was in the wrong format. It was produced as the same format that I always used. But I read online somewhere that it was because Youtube has changed and that the patches for PowerDirector 16 would fix it. Well, I have NEVER been able to successfully install a patch. It will install to about 78 percent and then a little box will pop up with a bunch of symbols that mean nothing to me. So how do I get these patches to install? Please help! I'm afraid I will eventually not be able to use PowerDirector at all if I can't figure it out.
Thank you!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been uploading my projects to Youtube for a while now with no issues. But my project yesterday would not work and Youtube told me that it was in the wrong format. It was produced as the same format that I always used. But I read online somewhere that it was because Youtube has changed and that the patches for PowerDirector 16 would fix it. Well, I have NEVER been able to successfully install a patch. It will install to about 78 percent and then a little box will pop up with a bunch of symbols that mean nothing to me. So how do I get these patches to install? Please help! I'm afraid I will eventually not be able to use PowerDirector at all if I can't figure it out.
Thank you!

Sorry that you're having trouble.

I'm not aware of any recent YT changes, but if you're having trouble uploading videos directly from PD16, the easiest thing to do is to simply produce the video to a local folder, then upload it manually using this icon at the top right of any YT page in your browser:

Use the H.264 M2TS or MP4 profiles that match your source clips for the best results, like 1920x1080 60p. If you right click on a clip in PD's Media Library and choose View Properties, you can find those details.

If you've never been able to apply a patch to PD16, then something is clearly wrong somewhere on your computer. It could be that PD16 isn't installed correctly, that your user account doesn't have the appropriate permissions, or that something is wrong with Windows itself.

There are some pretty simple and direct ways to troubleshoot that problem, and if you'd like to proceed, please create a new thread in the PD16 forum and follow the steps shown in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread so we can see how your computer is configured.
danny25 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2019 00:09 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
NVIDIA 3D Vision Preview work great with this Update (v3424)

thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2019 22:25

eialici [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2020 03:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Still does'nt work

I am using this with a GTX-770 which does support hardware acceleration.
The weird thing is that Cyberlink occasionally shows the checkbox checkable but this is extremely rare and has not happend for months now. What also has happened is that when i switch video formats it will enable for about half a second with each switch and then turn grey again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
See if this helps.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
eialici [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See if this helps.

Thanks but I already did that and it did not help.
However, I did manage to get the H264 mode working but obviously this should work with all formats and it does not.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2020 18:51

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks but I already did that and it did not help.
However, I did manage to get the H264 mode working but obviously this should work with all formats and it does not.

Not really, the GTX-770 is a Kepler based GPU and only supports H.264 encoding.

Jeff
eialici [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not really, the GTX-770 is a Kepler based GPU and only supports H.264 encoding.

Jeff

Well that explains alot then, thank you :