Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 17 crash
Don V [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed Power Director 17.0.2314.1 Works well until I click "produce" or "create disc". Then the prgram simply disappears. I use Windows 10 w/ current updates. Have uninstalled then re-installed Power Director but problem persists
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to try the posted beta 2419, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78080.page#319938 , it has

- Improves the program stability when entering Produce and Create Disc page.

to see if it works for you. If it does I'd post on that page to give CL some feedback.

Jeff
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have installed Power Director 17.0.2314.1 Works well until I click "produce" or "create disc". Then the prgram simply disappears. I use Windows 10 w/ current updates. Have uninstalled then re-installed Power Director but problem persists

1) reboot computer
2) shut down everything that is not needed on the right bar
3) then try producing a short video of say 3 min and see if this works.

No edits at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2018 15:40

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Don V [Avatar]
[Post New]

1) reboot computer
2) shut down everything that is not needed on the right bar
3) then try producing a short video of say 3 min and see if this works.

No edits at all.

*Thank you. Your solution worked. The problem seems resolved.* (12/28/1

This initially worked but now it doesn't. Even the shortest video will cause program to close when i click "produce". Tried that before and after restarting.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling program from the back-up disc I ordered. Didn't work.

Tried the beta version suggestion above and that didn't work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 10. 2019 10:55

walleyenation [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2018 23:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same issue and have tried all of the above. When I hit produce it just turns off. Regardless of the size of the file, even a single picture makes it crash
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have this same issue and have tried all of the above. When I hit produce it just turns off. Regardless of the size of the file, even a single picture makes it crash

Chances are that something slipped through the cracks. Please read the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the PD17 forum index and follow the steps to run the DxDiag test and post the results, along with the exact PD17 version and SR number, as these are critical to figuring out what's going on.

Also, please tell us if you have the subscription version (which requires the AppManager to install it) or the stand-alone version.
Don V [Avatar]
[Post New]

Chances are that something slipped through the cracks. Please read the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the PD17 forum index and follow the steps to run the DxDiag test and post the results, along with the exact PD17 version and SR number, as these are critical to figuring out what's going on.

Also, please tell us if you have the subscription version (which requires the AppManager to install it) or the stand-alone version.

MY PD17 Version # is:Ultra 17.02314.1
SR #: VDE180920-3

I was the original poster of this thread back on 12/28. The instructions worked for a while but have now stopped working.
Today I tried the GM4 2509 patch, with no improvement.
I tried the DxDiag tool and my results are as follows:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/26005.page

Moderation Note : Original long text removed to save space, link to new download inserted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2019 07:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
MY PD17 Version # is:Ultra 17.02314.1
SR #: VDE180920-3

I was the original poster of this thread back on 12/28. The instructions worked for a while but have now stopped working.
Today I tried the GM4 2509 patch, with no improvement.
I tried the DxDiag tool and my results are as follows:

Thanks for posting the details, but since they take up an enormous amount of screen space, can I ask you to edit your last post and remove all of the DxDiag details? Next time, it would be great if you could instead attach the .TXT file using this button:

I've saved the details and have attached it here, so we're all set.

I wonder if maybe Windows updated your driver and caused the crashes to start happening again. You're now running 24.20.0100.6344 from Sept 2018, which should be OK, but I know that other people went back to 24.20.0100.6194 so you could try downloading and installing that version.
 Filename
Don V DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
OP's results
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
Don V [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for posting the details, but since they take up an enormous amount of screen space, can I ask you to edit your last post and remove all of the DxDiag details? Next time, it would be great if you could instead attach the .TXT file using this button:

I've saved the details and have attached it here, so we're all set.

I wonder if maybe Windows updated your driver and caused the crashes to start happening again. You're now running 24.20.0100.6344 from Sept 2018, which should be OK, but I know that other people went back to 24.20.0100.6194 so you could try downloading and installing that version.

I'm sorry but I can't cut out the Dx details, not sure why but can't delete it. I did attatch the Dx file

I did revert to the earlier driver and have now successfully produced 2 files. Windows 10 did push a major update before I began having the problem. I'll bookmark this page for future reference.
Thank you
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
MarkW0518 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2019 17:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I continue to have as many do the problem with Powerdirector 17/365 (and 16) crashing when clicking "produce" button. I have read the threads in forum concerning problem. Is the fix REALLY to permanently stay at a Windows version from Sept. of 17 forever? If so, I'll take my money back and find another editor. A patch from Cyberlink is what everyone needs.

I'm sorry but I can't cut out the Dx details, not sure why but can't delete it. I did attatch the Dx file

I did revert to the earlier driver and have now successfully produced 2 files. Windows 10 did push a major update before I began having the problem. I'll bookmark this page for future reference.
Thank you
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I continue to have as many do the problem with Powerdirector 17/365 (and 16) crashing when clicking "produce" button. I have read the threads in forum concerning problem. Is the fix REALLY to permanently stay at a Windows version from Sept. of 17 forever? If so, I'll take my money back and find another editor. A patch from Cyberlink is what everyone needs.

As far as I know, using the older Intel video driver (not an older version of Windows) is still a workaround and is not the permanent solution. As the Moderator wrote in this related PD16 thread, this has apparently been a very challenging issue to resolve without adversely affecting other areas of the software.

Perhaps the Mod can provide an update.