Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash after burning BluRay with menu
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Danny,
I've passed on to CL, the link to the compressed file.
Dafydd
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Finnaly it worked with a other FTP program, so now you have the rar menus file twice.
Better twice than....

Danny
PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera
Fred Rijckenberg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands Joined: Jun 08, 2014 05:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd

Finnaly it worked with a other FTP program, so now you have the rar menus file twice.
Better twice than....

Danny

I experience the same problem with all the Menu's I downloaded from Directory Zone. With the menus that came with the product I have no problems. Is there already a solution to this problem?
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred,

So, I am not the only one with this problem.

No solution for now.
Cyberlink has got from me some menu's for testing.
I am waiting for the results.

Danny PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All - Danny, Dafydd & Fredd -

Clearly there's NO quality control on DirectorZone. CL's concept of providing a place for users to share their "work" is a good one, but it falls over BIG TIME because users can put up whatever they want.

In theory, what's created in PowerDirector should work in PowerDirector but there's no control over how people format their templates. The "quality" (loosely used) of templates on DZ is made worse by the fact that it's driven by NUMBERS. People are rewarded for the number of templates they upload. Just look at how many user templates are almost identical. It's a shame, because there is some quality work posted to DirectorZone, but it can easily get lost in the muck.

Just like the quality of discussion in a forum - there's no control over the quality of users' contributions or otherwise.

Rather than waste time with an unsubstantiated opinion, I tested three of the menus Danny mentioned:

Back in Time - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/139857
(menu006 in Danny's zip fle)
- contains a video background, so I have no idea how it even managed to get uploaded to DZ.
- previewed correctly
- burned successfully to folder

Book 578 menue - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/4388125
(menu010 in Danny's zip file... menu015 also by same user)
- masking & frames are all WRONG, so not worth even considering (image attached)
- previewed OK but looks ridiculous
- error message but no crash after unsuccessful burning (error message attached)

Movie night menu 2 - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/46633
(menu019 in Danny's zip file)
- poor button layout
- chapter page didn't preview correctly
- error message but no crash after unsuccessful burning (error message attached)

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Book 578 layout.png]
 Filename
Book 578 layout.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
322 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)
[Thumb - Menu-Burn Error.png]
 Filename
Menu-Burn Error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2015 18:26

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for testing the menus.
I have already deleted all the menus who came from Directorzone.
So for now I have only e few menus original from Cyberlink, and they work fine.

The idea that the quality from most the contributions who are made on Directorzone are very poor is now the conclusion from me.
Strange that Cyberlink doesn't test the files before they put them on the site, ready to download for the public....it is Cyberlink name which is standing above the site.....give's Cyberlink a bad name....

Thanks for the help, specially you Dafydd and Tony

Danny PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I looked at the 3 menues that Klavertje had problems with. Book 578 look interesting since it was created in 2011 by Bienlien43. She created 49,000 templates. Here is the link: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/4388125 . I thought that I know all the problems and knew how to fix them. Downloaded and installed it. It works for me but I really don't want it. Found that the thumbnail is opaque instead of being transparent. There is no thumbnail highlighting and you must choose a highlight. You can delete the message in the root menu. Even the pros sometimes make mistakes.

The above menu works but like some of the things you may find the directorzone, you can customize it to work properly the way you want it to.
Newbie Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands Joined: Jun 08, 2014 05:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Some more info. The menus worked on Powerdirector 12. I encounter this problem sins I used PowerDirector 13. Maybe Cyberlink can look at this issue as well.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed, Fred!

There are some inconsistencies with how various templates work with different versions, even though the stock standard caption says "Available For: PowerDirector 13/12/11/10/9/8, YouCam 6/5/4/3" it's definitely not always the case! An example is title templates that contain animation files... they won't work in earlier versions (i.e. the animations).

With menus templates, there could be some issues because of the slight differences in how menus are formatted in different versions.

Danny - I wasn't suggesting that ALL DirectorZone templates are no good... just a significant percentage

I think it would take a couple of full time employees to test every template that's uploaded to DZ. There are some templates that look like they weren't even tested by the original user! and possibly won't ever be used by the user!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2015 17:33

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Movie night menu 2 was created in 2010, has 9166 downloads, 5 positive comments and 4 stars. I did not download it but know that it must have been created with PD8. Looking at the chapters menu, I know the problem and what you need to do to fix it. Later versions of PD would not work properly on the thumbnails created with the freehand tool used in the earlier versions of menu designers.

To fix it, simply add 1 new thumbnail, delete all 4 previous thumbnails, and add 3 more thumbnail and position them. Everything will be displayed properly and you will be back in buisness in using the menu in the later versions of PD.

I too am a victim of this. Created creative menus that work in an earlier version of PD may not work in the later version of PD. You simply need to open menu designer in the version of PD you are currently using. Remove what doesn't work, Finish it off with the tools available in the newer version of menu designer.
[Post New]
I will try this solution but because of less time it will not be the next two or three days. But I will report if this helps me on the way Thanks everyone.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi All -

Just to re-confirm it for myself, I just created a menu template using the same "Clockwork" video clip used in the Back in Time template.

As expected, when I tried to upload it to DirectorZone, I got the NO GO message... so I'm not sure how that got to DZ - maybe through the back door?

Sorry Danny - that doesn't help you at all.

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - DZ_No to Video.png]
 Filename
DZ_No to Video.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
225 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2015 23:32

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't understand everything about the DZ. Previously I could not upload a full thumbnail menu maybe over a year ago. I stripped the background still pics and left it with a blank(black) background and uploaded it 5 months ago as a test only and expecting it to fail but it got uploaded when I did not expect it to. From memory, I believe on the first time, there was some comment as to no video being allowed when there was none.

Just uploaded the Back in Time as Test BiT to the DZ and it is accepted. Here is the link for it: http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124815882?utm_source=profile-template-upload&utm_medium=template-detail&utm_campaign=10119936 . Looks like video in menu background is accepted here.

I'll withhold further comments about the DZ for now. I can supply fixes for anything that I want to fix. See the attached pic of my test upload to the DZ.
[Thumb - Test BiT.jpg]
 Filename
Test BiT.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Back in Time uploaded as Test BiT in DZ.
 Filesize
278 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2015 00:53

[Post New]
Tryed the solution deleted all the thumpnails and created new ones. No sucess. If now create a clean menu. see what will happen. Report back
[Post New]
Created a menu with an animated background. Worked OK. Upload to Direcoryzone is not possible
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you are refering to the 28th thread of this post about Movie night menu 2, I already stated that I never downloaded it. Try this:
1. Select a different frame and mask available in PD13 menu editor.
2. Select a different highlight available in PD13 menu editor.
3. Save the menu under a slightly different name so you know the original.
The above is for the thumbnail fix only. There may be other things that may need to be changed. Tony said "- poor button layout - chapter page didn't preview correctly ". Check that.

On the 21st thread about Book 578 that I did download it, Try this:
1. Remove the frame and mask around the thumbnail and then select a thumbnail highlight. The square thumbnail preview should work properly. Save it. If it don't work, then the do the same steps 1-3 for Movie night menu 2 above. It works okay in my preview.

As far as animation in the root menu above, I think it is okay. These work in the preview and I don't think you need to change it. Look at this post, 5th thread down: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42176.page for the wmv. That was created with animation using an earlier version of PD, maybe 11. I doubt it will work in PD13 without changes. I create or modify menus for my own use. Never tried to upload them to the DZ.

Why you can't upload your PD13 created menu that contains animation, I don't know. I uploaded Test Bit with video okay. There must be an flawed algorithm to detect video or animation on the DZ and reject it. Some get through and some don't.

Let us know if this helps or if you can get one of the menu working.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Danny,

If you can please look in C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Boomerang\PDR13 for the crash mini-dump information and supply the data, as an attachment.

I see you've deleted the offending menus, not a problem. The info I've asked for should be in the location still as a MiniDump.dmp file.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2015 04:47

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Here it is!

Danny
 Filename
Minidump Danny PDR13.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Danny, CyberLink are still looking at the issue.
Dafydd