Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 14 Ultimate Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. Thank you for watching my tutorials. You have all been awesome.

I changed the name of my YouTube channel to PowerDirector University. My first video is a review of what's new in PowerDirector 14 Ultimate. Enjoy. laughing

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 14 Ultimate basic editing 101. PowerDirector University style. laughing

Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Malik
Thanks for your Tutorial ...always Loving it .....
Always something to learn !!! in the 2 Monitor Ways editing is perfect !!
" Video Head Until I'm Dead " ...I am 70...
Love Editing !!! Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Malik
Thanks for your Tutorial ...always Loving it .....
Always something to learn !!! in the 2 Monitor Ways editing is perfect !!
" Video Head Until I'm Dead " ...I am 70...
Love Editing !!!

Thanks Paul. I have so much fun making them and helping out all of my PowerDirector peeps. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
There's nothing like adding a little motion tracking to your video. Please enjoy our Motion Tracking tutorial.

Heavytiger [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jun 21, 2008 10:16 Messages: 474 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Maliek

I have watched your tutorials for a few years now. I really like them.

Since superheros are popular now how about a tutorial on how to make Wonder woman or superman pick up and throw a car or bus or stop a train. I can do the jump off a building and land on the street or green screen flying flying effect from watching your tutorials. Give me more.

thanks,

Ht Windows 10 professional
HP Omen Obelisk DT 875-1131
Intel Core i7(3.6GHz)
Eight Core
Memory 32 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Power supply 750 Watt

Using PD 11 ultimate build 11.0.03026

Heavytiger

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Maliek

I have watched your tutorials for a few years now. I really like them.

Since superheros are popular now how about a tutorial on how to make Wonder woman or superman pick up and throw a car or bus or stop a train. I can do the jump off a building and land on the street or green screen flying flying effect from watching your tutorials. Give me more.

thanks,

Ht

Thanks for the great idea for a tutorial. I will add it to my list of requests. laughing Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let's have a bit of fun in the Action Camera Center. It can make some really cool effects.

stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I've been watching and learning. Thanks for the great tutorials.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I've been watching and learning. Thanks for the great tutorials.

You're welcome Steve. Thanks for watching. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Get out my face you ol' fisheye fool! Lens correction made simple.‪

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can ease into this tutorial if you need to. laughing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2015 10:06

BigEric
Newbie Location: Standish, England Joined: May 15, 2010 13:57 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Would Professor Maliek care to comment on the income he's generating from his University. Does he award accredited degrees. Does he still host the pseudo-academic Channel for Cyberlink competitors' businesses and does anyone accredit or critically appraise his expertise. I find the number of jump-cuts in his productions absolutely dreadful, and if this is an example of what serious users should expect from using Cyberlink products, then I think they might be better-advised to seek more grown-up software.

Is advertising your channel allowed on here, now ?

Interesting... BigEric
(Like any complex skill, good videography gets easier with practice. And talent. And planning. And a love of the process)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Prof. Maliek!

Just watched one of your YT vids. It gives me an idea or two I might try out in the future, but the clip I produce first needs to be appropriate for the effect to have any meaning within it. Effects(any effects) shouldn't be added to a video just for the sake of adding effects. You need a reason to apply the effect you're going to use. For example, I make use of the "Video In Reverse" effect quite often in some of my videos(not all). A typical use might be a clip of one of my young nephews or nieces jumping or diving into a pool. I pick a point in the video just before the jump or dive, preferably at a point of an exact number of seconds(like, say, 1 minute 25 seconds, splitting at that point, then counting off 25 frames[at 25FPS] to the next full second, 1 minute, 26 seconds splitting at that point, then copy that one second into clipboard and paste it in(3, 5 or 7 times, never more than 7 though, let's not bore the viewer!) The reason for the odd number of times pasting in is that the forward motion at the start and end must mesh in with the action before and after the effect is applied. So, the resultant effect is, the child dives/jumps in-out-in-out-in... you can imagine how it looks on a screen. The reverse effect works well to bring a laugh to the viewer but is not always appropriate in every situation. I mean it lends itself well to some situations but not all.

Cheers for now!

Neil.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Would Professor Maliek care to comment on the income he's generating from his University. Does he award accredited degrees. Does he still host the pseudo-academic Channel for Cyberlink competitors' businesses and does anyone accredit or critically appraise his expertise. I find the number of jump-cuts in his productions absolutely dreadful, and if this is an example of what serious users should expect from using Cyberlink products, then I think they might be better-advised to seek more grown-up software.

Is advertising your channel allowed on here, now ?

Interesting...

There are at least two threads in the PD forum of different YouTube channels that focus on PD tutorials.

There is also a locked post in the top of the PD forum which has instructions on how to be promote a YouTube channel in that thread. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Prof. Maliek!

Just watched one of your YT vids. It gives me an idea or two I might try out in the future, but the clip I produce first needs to be appropriate for the effect to have any meaning within it. Effects(any effects) shouldn't be added to a video just for the sake of adding effects. You need a reason to apply the effect you're going to use. For example, I make use of the "Video In Reverse" effect quite often in some of my videos(not all). A typical use might be a clip of one of my young nephews or nieces jumping or diving into a pool. I pick a point in the video just before the jump or dive, preferably at a point of an exact number of seconds(like, say, 1 minute 25 seconds, splitting at that point, then counting off 25 frames[at 25FPS] to the next full second, 1 minute, 26 seconds splitting at that point, then copy that one second into clipboard and paste it in(3, 5 or 7 times, never more than 7 though, let's not bore the viewer!) The reason for the odd number of times pasting in is that the forward motion at the start and end must mesh in with the action before and after the effect is applied. So, the resultant effect is, the child dives/jumps in-out-in-out-in... you can imagine how it looks on a screen. The reverse effect works well to bring a laugh to the viewer but is not always appropriate in every situation. I mean it lends itself well to some situations but not all.

Cheers for now!

Neil.

Agreed Neil. Effects should only be used when they add value to the scene. Also, you must pay attention to the most minute of details in order to guarantee that the effect looks realistic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2015 08:16

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Be on the lookout for tree creepers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2015 11:10

MelRay
Newbie Location: Cypress, TX (Houston) Joined: Nov 27, 2015 08:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Maliek thank you for the video on PD 14 I'm a new user and have already subscribed to your channel on YT. Thank you for having a desire to help others to become proficient at using the program.

MelRay Thank you for your help!,

MelRay

Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Maliek thank you for the video on PD 14 I'm a new user and have already subscribed to your channel on YT. Thank you for having a desire to help others to become proficient at using the program.

MelRay

You're welcome MelRay. I love helping my fellow editors. smile

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2015 08:14

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Time-lapse love from PowerDirector University. laughing