Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Desqueeze anamorphic video
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
lowlands, I just re-read your last post and looked carefully at the video, and now I'm wondering if this video is already stretched and needs to be compacted to set the proportions correctly. It's clearly in 16:9 format, not the 2.4:1 (1.33x) that the specs say it should be in. Is this straight from your camera with the lens in place?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2020 23:35

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I may resort to your directions after trying Optodata's technique ...

likewise i've uploaded howto and rendered videos to Youtube. it'll be up for about 7 days and will be deleted with your permission. ^^

Update (04052020):
how to desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic AR with PowerDirector 파워디렉터 1.33배 압축 해제: https://youtu.be/pFOHdzEtlHI

changing 16:9 to 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio Cinemascope w FFmpegYAG 에프에프엠팩야그로 비디오 속성변경: https://youtu.be/cwHDKdFrAD4

p.s.
what the freak?! created 2.39:1 AR videos but when i've uploaded to YouTube, Youtube processed as 16:9 AR???
corrected PD14's 16:9 AR to 2.39:1 AR using FFMPEG! (03272020)

Update (04122020):
desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic w PowerDirector & change Aspect Ratio w FFmpegYAG 파워디렉터및 에프에프엠팩야그로 종횡비 변경: https://youtu.be/5_KaNmxTyyM

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2020 13:49

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Downloaded lowland's video from the dropbox. It appears that this is a 4:3 video that has been stretched to 16:9. Attached is a screenshot of the default video as downloaded compared to the video set for an aspect ratio of 4:3. The dog, garbage container, wheel, and downpipe appear in the correct dimensions in 4:3.

Going to get out of this discussion... surprised
[Thumb - Oval Wheel.jpg]
 Filename
Oval Wheel.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
This is a 4:3 aspect ratio video stretched to 16:9.
 Filesize
311 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote undecided I got myself PD18 ...

you could've used PD14.

Quote ... For reference I have enclosed a link to a testvideo (1.33 Beastgrip lens)...

sample video is not a 1.33x squeeze.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The dog, garbage container, wheel, and downpipe appear in the correct dimensions in 4:3.

Thanks for noticing and posting that! I thought it already looked stretched sealed

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

2bskyhi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 12:27 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So after playing around with this, it looks like there are going to be 3 steps needed. I think the easiest way to go about this to use VirtualDub2 to desqueeze the source clip before importing it into PD. The VLC route mentioned in the other linked post would likely also work, but I haven't tested that yet.

You just need to download and install the free VirtualDub2 app (click on the Dowload Latest Version button here) and install it. You will also need to download the 3 attached files and copy the contents of the 5148x2880 Intermediate Profile.ini file to the end of the existing Profile.ini file for PD and save it.

Now follow these steps to desqueeze your source clips:

1. Open up VDub2 and go to File > Load Project... and load the 5148x2160 1.33 desqueeze project file

2. Use File > Open video file.. to open your original clip then use File > Save Video... and choose the output name and location.

3. Import the desqueezed clip(s) into PD and make all your desired edits

4. When you're ready to produce, use the custom 2bskyhi intermediate profile under the HEVC/Custom dropdown list to produce a perfectly proportioned, but letterboxed, video

5. Open up VDub2 again and go to File > Load Project... and now load the 5148x2160 Post PD project file

6. Use File > Open video file.. and browse to your produced PD clip, then use File > Save Video... to complete the process

The finished video will be 5148x2160 with no black edges and no squeezed dimensions:

You can download the produced clip from here

Hi Optodata, after VERY carefully following all of your instructions, all went well until I got to step 3. When I brought the desquezzed video saved in VirtualDub2(from step 2) into PD, I got this error: <a>https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZCvlMkZg3ATh7opu7BAJuFP47hfWS8DeesX</a>

Any ideas???

Thank you, Chris
optodata
[Post New]
Please upload both your source clip and the one you made with VDub2 to pcloud so I can check them out. Also, there's a brand new version of VDub2 (44282) that just came out today!

YouTube/optodata

lowlands [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2012 09:34 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please upload both your source clip and the one you made with VDub2 to pcloud so I can check them out. Also, there's a brand new version of VDub2 (44282) that just came out today!

Hi,

I am strugling a bit with getting the right footage and with my computer. I am afraid I will first need to get a new computer before I can get any edditing done. Right now the video just stalls in the preview window. I'll get back to you once I have things sorted. A lot of thanks for the help sofar.
2bskyhi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please upload both your source clip and the one you made with VDub2 to pcloud so I can check them out. Also, there's a brand new version of VDub2 (44282) that just came out today!

Man I can't beleive how fast everyone reply's on this forum--you're all kings!!!
So I did get VDub2 version 44282 this morning, and when I "extracted all" the executable that works on my machine is the VirtualDub64.exe. Here is the saved VDub file: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZCVdMkZFvjMyFqUUY77adlffo8iQ7dyGmbV
And here is my original that you streched before: <a>https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZQQPMkZfeQsxsRUQNRPGXWqryXkzkKtlI5k</a>

Thanks again Optodata, Chris
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have had some time to explore Virtual Dub2 as suggested by the links and use the project files posted by optodata. Using PD17 with the addition to the profile.ini. Here is what I found:
1. The original Drone.mp4 can be edited in PD17 and Produced at the default h.265 3840 x 2160 37 Mbps profile with svrt active.

2. Use Virtual Dub2. Open the edited Drone.mp4. Load the 5148x2160 1.33 desqueeze.vdproject. Save as Drone1.mp4. Mediainfo reports AVC 38.4 Mb/s, 5148 x 2160, AR 2.40:1, 29.97 fps (constant). This is essentially the same parameters as the original but horizontally expanded by 1.33. This displays in all media players tested. Import to PD17 and see a wide blank black preview screen while playing. No error messages occur.

3. If using PD17 you can stop now as you can edit, produce with svrt, and use Virtual Dub2 in step 2 above to get the 2.4 AR video desired..Mission accomplished.

4. Loaded Drone and Drone1 in the PD17 timeline. Produced with the custom 2bskyhi intermediate profile. The Drone1 portion is a blank black and the Drone portion display as HEVC 5148 x 2880, AR 16:9, 26.2 Mbps, 29.97 fps (variable). Produced Drone_0.mp4.

5. Use Virtual Dub2. Load the 5148x2160 Post PD.vdproject. Open the Drone_0.mp4 produced by PD17. Click Save. The new Drone_0.mp4 output file is AVC. 12.5 Mbps, 5148 x 2160, AR 2.40:1, 29.97 fps (constant). Again the blank black portion and then the correct expanded video is seen. Mission accomplished for PD18 users.

When I get the chance, I will explore Virtual Dub2 more and change the parameters to 5184 instead of 5148 for the horizontal resolution which gives me some incentive. It is possible that PD365 users can also use SVRT like in PD17 if they update to the latest patch announced. Thank you optodata for all your hard work. You made it so easy for me to use Virtual Dub2.

EDIT: Maybe PD18 users need only to perform the first two steps above if they get the error on step 3.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Man I can't beleive how fast everyone reply's on this forum--you're all kings!!!

Maybe you can thank COVID-19

PD has no trouble opening your produced clip on my end, and since this thread has blown up, 2bskyhi, I'd like to ask you to start a new thread so we can deal with your specific issues and we can leave this thread for the OP (lowlands)

tomasc, I'm happy to create a new 5184x2160 project if that's a better pixel size - but I don't want to remove your incentive...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2020 13:51

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I am strugling a bit with getting the right footage and with my computer. I am afraid I will first need to get a new computer before I can get any edditing done. Right now the video just stalls in the preview window. I'll get back to you once I have things sorted. A lot of thanks for the help sofar.

lowlands, let's see your DxDiag results. This is where the Read Me thread describes the steps to run the test and attach the results.

YouTube/optodata

2bskyhi [Avatar]
[Post New]

Maybe you can thank COVID-19

PD has no trouble opening your produced clip on my end, and since this thread has blown up, 2bskyhi, I'd like to ask you to start a new thread so we can deal with your specific issues and we can leave this thread for the OP (lowlands)

tomasc, I'm happy to create a new 5184x2160 project if that's a better pixel size - but I don't want to remove your incentive...

OK Thanks, Optodata, I'll start a new thread....

Thanks, 2bskyhi

Well, I tried to find the prompt to start a new thread--no luck. Is it in the Forum Index somewhere or????

BTW, I'm using PD16

Thanks again, 2bskyhi

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2020 14:45

optodata
[Post New]
Quote OK Thanks, Optodata, I'll start a new thread....BTW, I'm using PD16

Another very good reason to have your own thread as this is for PD18/365.

The Forum Index is where you'll find all the forums, and you'll want to click on the New Topic button in PD (Previous Versions)

YouTube/optodata

2bskyhi [Avatar]
[Post New]

Another very good reason to have your own thread as this is for PD18/365.

The Forum Index is where you'll find all the forums, and you'll want to click on the New Topic button in PD (Previous Versions)

OK Thanks again Optodata, I'll go there to post the new thread. I originally started here because PepsiMan was helping me thru YouTube comments. I saw his post here & that's where I replied...

Thank You, 2bskyhi
lowlands [Avatar]
[Post New]

lowlands, let's see your DxDiag results. This is where the Read Me thread describes the steps to run the test and attach the results.

Hi, here is my DxDiag. FYI I do have problems with my pc when watching YouTube vids. These vids stop playing very frequently. I then have to pause the video. Sometimes when I hit play it will start playing again. Sometimes I have to click on the timeline? playline? just before the point the video stopped and it will play again. When I am listening to a talking head video/news program and play a game of spider solitair at the same time, I have to close spider before I can restart my video. Just so you know I have a pc with an attitude.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
158 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hi, here is my DxDiag. FYI I do have problems with my pc when watching YouTube vids.

Well this isn't the best computer for editing video, but you should be ok using VDub2 and producing HD clips.

The video driver you have installed for your GTX760 was released in 2013(!), so you should probably download and install the currrent version which was released just this week.

As long as you're using PD18 (and not PD16 or earlier), everything should be fine with the new driver, and you may even notice a marked improvement in your system's performance.

YouTube/optodata

lowlands [Avatar]
[Post New]

Well this isn't the best computer for editing video, but you should be ok using VDub2 and producing HD clips.

The video driver you have installed for your GTX760 was released in 2013(!), so you should probably download and install the currrent version which was released just this week.

As long as you're using PD18 (and not PD16 or earlier), everything should be fine with the new driver, and you may even notice a marked improvement in your system's performance.

Thanks. I installed the new driver. I had only just yesterday installed the video card. Got a left over of my son because of my YouTube/video issues. But it didn't solve the problem. I don't expect the driver will solve it either. I suspect it is some other problem and not so much the video card.

At the moment looking at laptops suited for video editing. Pricey
optodata
[Post New]
Ok. In order to use the new card with PD, make sure you run the GPU test. That should have happened the first time you launched PD after installing the new card.

You can double check by going to Preferences > Hardware Acceleration and verfying the date shown under the Optimize button. You can also click that to run the test whenever you want. The 2 checkboxes above should also be enabled.

Generally speaking, video editing will be much easier on a desktop since you will have more powerful hardware available; and there are sometimes issues getting laptops with dedicated nVidia GPUs working correctly with PD. Your current CPU should be more than up to the task of editing HD videos, and certainly for watching YT and playing Spider, so chances are there are one or more problems under the hood that are slowing your system down so badly.

This is obviously unrelated to desqueezing anamorphic video, but you might want to try the two commands shown in bold in this post to see if any of the problems are caused by damaged system files.

Sometimes, creating a new user profile also helps, as does resetting Windows or even doing a fresh install from the beginning. It's possible that the media error message you're getting from PD is related to these underlying system issues.

It's your call to decide how much time and effort you're willing to spend on trying to get this system running better versus getting a whole new system, but at least you have several options now!

YouTube/optodata

lowlands [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

The CPU test did happen the first time I started PD18.

I am now the proud owner of a CBS.log and a CheckSUR,log. I have been looking at these files "like a monkey looking at a rusty watch" as we say in our country. I have also waisted a couple of hours of my life looking at mostly silent YouTube videos about the subject, but I gained no usable insight. So ... I haven't got a clue what to do. I phoned my computer guy and he is going to do a format and a fresh install of Windows 10 on wednesday. When that is done I will have to see if this solves my issues.

If problems are not solved I still consider to get a laptop. You remarked that laptops sometimes have trouble running PD. Is there a specific cause for this problem. I would like to know so I can figure this in to the specs if I decide to get a laptop.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 28. 2020 12:18

PepsiMan
[Post New]
Quote ... going to do a format and a fresh install of Windows 10 on wednesday. When that is done I will have to see if this solves my issues. ...

your w7 is fine.
i don't know if you can still get a free upgrade to wX???

what i would do is clone the hard drive then with cloned w7 go to Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade from zdnet. upgrade to wX for free! ^^ this way your will have w7 and wX like me.

looking at your DxDiag you still got some steam to do 4K. do not read between lines or read too fast. look at my signature block and you'll see my comps(computers). it's old as yours or older. GTX 760 is happy with nVidia drivers versions in 35x.xx or less. these drivers you can try at GTX960 Performance Comparisons . in the middle of TonyL is the blue underlined click here for the data sheet. look at the driver versions... yes, i had GTX 750Ti(well it's collecting dust right now).

your C drive needs more room. try and vacate much as you can to have more than 100GB space.

didn't you say that you have PD14??? if you do open a new thread in the Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions. we can start fresh.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1