Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
★ PowerDirector Tutorials from PDtoots ★
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, I hope nothing I wrote was coming across as confrontational or in any way criticizing how you do things. I'd bet good money that people could watch my editing and question half the things I do. (They'd probably be right.)

I was sincerely trying to figure out if there are advantages to the custom path. Actually, one minor one I found is that it gives you the little green rotation dot in the middle of the screen, whereas in my suggestion the dot is too high to see and you have to drag the clip down.

Speaking of that dot, that is actually how I was rotating the picture. When you do it that way (going the custom path route), the image plays at 45 degrees from the start. Doing it your way, the image starts upright and immediately begins its rotation. In both cases, it is not what we wanted. But the difference is interesting.

Again, there was and is absolutely no disrespect intended. I admire all that you contribute here, and you have forgotten more about editing than I'll ever know.

Kevin
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not at all Kevin Absolutely no problem.

I love it when things are questioned like that! I do! A good question is a far better sign of intelligence than a good answer.

Thank you for pointing it out. I haven't really got my head around the whys & wherefores, but it's worth exploring.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
If you're trying to understand the quirks in this program, you'll end up in a padded cell. But we still love it, don't we?
[Post New]
Members/fellow PDR users -

Here's the latest from Nina's creative archives... Graphics and Titling

The tutorial shows some inventive ways of creating titles by using graphic text in .png format, and gives us plenty to be getting on with if we're inspired.

Thank you, Nina!

Happy editing from the PDtoots team.
Visit PDtoots & PDtoots QuickTips. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Does menu making baffle you a bit? Us too!

This toot shows a way of creating a video background for a menu template, so that the video can be inserted in a frame irrespective of the project contents.

The same idea can be used to create first play videos & multi-framed video collages.

Happy Editing from the PDtoots Team
Visit PDtoots & PDtoots QuickTips. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Linked Tutorial Catalog
[Post New]
This toot, made by BarryTheCrab, shows how to create mixed mode discs containing regular video with menu PLUS any extra data you want to include (original photos, clips, documents etc). You can use CL's Power2Go, as shown in the toot, or your preferred disc burning application.

Happy Editing - The PDtoots Team
Linked Tutorial Catalog
[Post New]
This QuickTips video is in response to a question asked here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42846.page
It shows the basic steps of editing the Profile.ini when PDR's GUI doesn't allow the customisation required. There's also a little bit on adjusting settings in different media players so the player AR matches the video (i.e. without black bars)

There's a downloadable PDF file (updated for PDR 13) showing step-by-step examples of making custom profiles by editing the Profile.ini here

Happy editing from the PDtoots team.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2015 03:03

Linked Tutorial Catalog
[Post New]
The most recent additions to the PDtoots QuickTips library...

PDR Pack Project

Making Masks & Overlays

Mask or Overlay?

Split Screens & Overlays

Rotation Keyframes

PDR Custom Profile

Colour Board Shutters

PDR Slideshow Creator

Making Shapes for Overlays

Happy Editing from The PDtoots Team

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2015 00:02

Linked Tutorial Catalog
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2013 19:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter Crespin here again.
When I do a freeze frame or still, they seem to be degraded
and poorer quality when joined to the video.
Effects such as hearts stars etc,don't really fade out they end
abruptly, see video below.
Regards Peter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0dmfvc44nzhhqx/WHITE%20ROSE%20PROMO%202%20slow.mp4?dl=0
[Post New]
Here's a toot in response to a lengthy (partly unresolved) thread here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50/45172.page

Even though the toot answers the specific needs of the OP, the ideas in it can be applied to different aspects of menu-making in PDR.

For anyone interested, there was an idea I had for this which failed dismally at my end... but the idea was right. I wanted to align the text on the Chapters/Titles page with the buttons in disgusted's graphic. My intention was to make the text transparent to create the illusion that parts of the image were "active". Unfortunately, I was unable to get the transparency to "stick" so that didn't make it into the toot.

Cheers - Tony (for PDtoots)
Linked Tutorial Catalog