Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can the TRIAL version do this
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
BTW, ISn't your trial just about up? Remember the trial has been modified to remove some of the features. That was in your title If you have the full version now, please change the title of this thread. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
disgusted [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 08, 2009 23:31 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi disgusted -

I believe this is the kind of menu you want. The background video has those frames/boxes built in as an overlay and the menu text placement is based on that.

https://youtu.be/6pw-285goLQ

Cheers - Tony

yes i exactly what i wish to make.

problem is HOW!

when i make a menu the nonroot page has all those boxes with numbers.

in pinnacle i put pictures in the buttons folder and it knows where to find them. where does cyber put them?

thanks

PS still have trial version
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi disgusted -

Woo Hoo! It's taken us three pages, but I think we're making progress laughing

In preparing that menu, there were quite a few steps. I'm not sure exactly which steps might be causing you problems. Can you clarify? The basic steps are:

1. Making the background video

2. Preparing the overlay (with the little frames)

3. Combining 1. & 2.

4. Creating the menu using the video from 3. as a background

5. Applying the menu to your project.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. You'll be able to do this with the trial version
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
10/10 to our members! Hopefully "disgusted" will now change his usernamesealed Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I only now jump into this thread to add a little bit of additional information for "disgusted" that hasn't been mentioned.

Please go to the FAQ: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=2317

and

https://asknet-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2215/kw/refund

30 days for the trial followed by upto 30 days to decide on the full version - a wow offer.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2015 05:36

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
i have put the video in the back ground of the menu.

but how to create the menu with MY pictures as buttons?

how to NOT have all the other junk.

this is a trial one so maybe it cannot be done.

the menus come in pairs. the root has no images.

the other one always has those boxes and text i do not want.

thanks all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2015 15:55

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you helpful people given up?
only a few days left...
thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi disgusted -

Given up? Given up??

Probably to the disappointment of particular forum members, giving up isn't in PDtoots' DNA.

Hopefully, you'll find something useful in the tutorial posted here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41501.page#234047

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for showing how it SHOULD work, but as expected cyberjunk has other ideas

the first i show that the text spacing does not work but you CAN SEE how i set the menu up.

second picture of the menu shows the chaos.

3 days left

thanks

ynotfish
[Post New]
I'm "disappointed" (euphemism) that the tutorial didn't help you with your predicament.

It's difficult to work out exactly what you're trying to achieve from the screen shots. I think this finite resource may have just depleted itself undecided

PM sent.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2015 20:58

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand your frustration but dont blame me when the software does odd things.
Thanks for your help.

ynotfish
[Post New]
No blame apportioned. Anyone who works with PDR's Menu Designer knows its occasional unpredictability.

Not only that, you've only been using PDR a short while and you're challenging yourself with a reasonably complex task.

To my knowledge, there are no TRIAL restrictions on the functions of Menu Designer and what has been suggested SHOULD be working for you.

Good luck for the remaining couple of days of the trial.

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks

i kept it simple, just wanted the six menu things item 1 etc, that you see i created. but the next pic shows what happened.

one last favor.

our TV is 35 inches wide and is the standard 1920x1080.

i made a video that is 1920x1080. (not in cyber)

but it is fuzzy. see the carriers rotating radar, on our TV it is barely visible.

how is it on yours.

the whole file would be way to about 7meg, so i cut out some of the stuff to make it about 2 1/2 meg.

thanks
 Filename
sharpnesstest.avi
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2379 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
283 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2015 13:55

ynotfish
[Post New]
But did the menu work as you wanted? surprised

Is the fuzziness in the original produced file? You said 1920x1080 but you didn't mention format or bitrate. Critical factors.

Are you burning to DVD or BR? If it's DVD, you should expect some fuzziness from motion graphics because they're burned at low bitrate - ~8MBps.

Is the TV 1920x1080 resolution? When you burn discs and playback through a player, there are more variables tha viewing the produced file directly.

Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
I gave up on the menu.

What bit rate is best?

Any other settings that might help?

It was made at 29.97 for america

It is an avi file that would go in the menu.

Were you able to view it?

Thanks for your help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2015 18:18

ynotfish
[Post New]
We're back in communication difficulty mode frown

You didn't answer the questions I asked, so I can't answer YOUR questions because MY answers depend very much on YOUR answers to the previous questions.

► Are you burning to DVD or BR? The answer will determine the question about bitrate

► When you watched the video on your TV, were you watching a produced file or a DVD/BR via a player?

Where did that AVI file come from? Is it a screen capture? Produced in other software? Yes - I could view it. It didn't look particularly fuzzy. The VBR is only about 3MBps.

I'm not sure why you're bothering with producing AVIs. They're not suitable for what you're doing...

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am burning to DVD later I will also do bluray
on tv it was from a DVD
the AVI is not screen capture it is a moving video. as hopefully you can see.

it was made in Blender software.
if AVIs are wrong. what is right?
thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2015 15:52

ynotfish
[Post New]
OK -

I understand. You created the animation in Blender and rendered it to AVI. That's why you're using AVIs - fair enough. AVI would be the preferred Blender output option.

When you put that AVI onto a DVD it becomes MPEG-2 720x480 @ ~8MBps... then your player upscales it for the TV. All of that will result in some fuzziness. Unavoidable.

If you put that AVI into PDR & rendered it as Full HD MPEG-4, and watched it on your TV via USB or HDMI it would be crisp & clean.

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
So there is no way of making a blender video (types other than avi ARE available) putting it into the menu and it being sharp? when on a DVD
thanks Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 07. 2015 19:54

ynotfish
[Post New]
I'm not a Blender user's bootlace, but I'd probably render the animation as a series of .png files, rather than as a "movie". That way you're not compressing then recompressing in PDR (which is PowerDirector). In other words, maximising quality.

Burning to DVD is about the opposite of that - minimising quality! surprised Attached is a comparison of DVD resolution to Full HD. That's why it looks fuzzy on your TV. Burning to DVD downscales it, then your player upscales it again.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DVD vs 1080.jpg]
 Filename
DVD vs 1080.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
got the simplified menu working.
thanks
now we need the sharp video background!
I assume PDR puts a watermark on it.

EDIT can i put the png files as the background video in the menu?

HOW!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2015 21:21