Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is the latest problem with PD 10 ultra
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just what are you talking about you have both

No you have not supplied the images requested.

Please re-read the request.

Edit Workspace, .
Example of area but NOT the resolution:

Create Disc > Burn in 2D > Final Output selection
Example of area and content but NOT resolution

Please also supply the Burn settings image. Guide image shows where to call up the information.

ALL images supplied in FULL screen resolution please.

I hope you can now supply the images requested.
[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd562.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd562.png
[Disk]
 Description
Create Disc > Burn in 2D > Final Output selection
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd561.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd561.png
[Disk]
 Description
Edit Workspace
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
417 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd563.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd563.png
[Disk]
 Description
Burn Settings
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
404 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 10:25

[Post New]
All right but for the life of me can't see what this is leading to besize another bug with in PD 10
[Thumb - Burn settings.jpg]
 Filename
Burn settings.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
151 time(s)
[Post New]
Edit page
[Thumb - Edit page.jpg]
 Filename
Edit page.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
153 time(s)
[Post New]
Fuul view
[Thumb - Create.jpg]
 Filename
Create.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
200 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
165 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for the images.
Any snippet we can obtain is a potential clue. The images might provide a clue. I see one change I'll suggest later from the Edit Workspace image you provided. I also see two further changes which might be worth going for.

Please provide a screen shot displaying your project - the Edit Workspace please.

This issue you have does not appear to be a PD10 bug - likely to be isolated to just your PC. So far that's how the cookie is crumbling.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please carry out the following Test:
Guide info link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part H
This is a basic test looking at the issue using the same files we all have.
[Post New]
Quote:
Thank you for the images.
Any snippet we can obtain is a potential clue. The images might provide a clue. I see one change I'll suggest later from the Edit Workspace image you provided. I also see two further changes which might be worth going for.

Please provide a screen shot displaying your project - the Edit Workspace please.

This issue you have does not appear to be a PD10 bug - likely to be isolated to just your PC. So far that's how the cookie is crumbling.

That is already in the above thread is it not ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have asked for an image of your working project.

[Post New]
You asked for Please provide a screen shot displaying your project - the Edit Workspace please.
Is not the att. Edit page snap in above thread just that if not please explain.

Where is the Video you ask for in part H
Place in the Video time-line PD's supplied sample video file* (the .mpg file) - do this 3 times
[Post New]
After a hour of digging around I found your video PLEASE if you want more things like this bury in PD provide a clear path after all I am not a trouble shooter for this program.
And obvious things for your self is not so for me.
[Thumb - Report.jpg]
 Filename
Report.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
391 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
abslayer -

Even though you're having problems, you can take a little comfort in the fact that someone else cares!

That eC0030011 error is not uncommon. Here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16413.page Phil solved it by decreasing the burn speed. Click the tools button in the top right corner of the Final Output dialogue.

Since, on this occasion, you were using PD's sample MPEG file, that eliminates the broken/missing source file possibility (on the error message).

Hmmm - plenty of C drive free space, adequate RAM & hardware... tricky one to pinpoint.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony So I guess it is back to burning produced file directly to Nero it never fails and writes a lot faster than 16 which I have it set in PD 10.

Just wanted to try some of them fancy menus in PD but it just is not worth the frustration.
Thanks for pointing this out Tony but if it burns AVCHD video in Nero and LG burner that tells me once again it is a PD 10 problem.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Tony So I guess it is back to burning produced file directly to Nero it never fails and writes a lot faster than 16 which I have it set in PD 10.

Just wanted to try some of them fancy menus in PD but it just is not worth the frustration.
Thanks for pointing this out Tony but if it burns AVCHD video in Nero and LG burner that tells me once again it is a PD 10 problem.

If you want the Powerdirector menus, burn a folder only, uncheck Burn Disk in the Create Disk Module.

You can then use Nero to burn that folder to the disk.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks for suggestion Carl312 but if take if you look back at test burn to folder Dafydd Bevan had me run you will see that also failed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 20:26

[Post New]
I should point out once these error reports come up while trying to burn in PD 10 The program is completely locked up and only way to get out of program is to bring up task manager and stop PD 10 there
[Post New]
This is getting reticules now it is coming up with same error even if I try to just produce a video.

PD10 Is getting worse the more I use it this doesn’t make any sense at all.

I use to be able to burn to DVD but at sub-standard results in my opinion.
Had better results if I took produce video from PD 10 and burned it with Nero.

All of a sudden that burn to DVD would not work as the error pointed out at start of this thread showed up and locked PD 10 down.
So I said to my self to hell with this I will go back to producing video in PD 10 and burn with Nero.
Now this @#$%@#$$ PD 10 comes up with same error even when I try and just produce a video.

What the hell is going on??????????
[Post New]
I believe I have found problem.
Last night I did a complete removal of PD with Revo Uninstaller which will also remove hidden files.

On start up of PD 10 I did not fill in Auto sign in to Director Zone.
Last time I did this I set it up to auto sign in and found out when I started my so called clean rein stalled of PD it was full of custom content that I had downloaded before , along with my burn problem.
THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED once downloaded it is imposable to remove these files from PD 10 as far as I can see.

This time there was none.

2nd thing I changed was I did not check (( allow SVRT on single IDR H.264 video.
Which was checked before.

Loaded some video picked a menu and clicked on BURN and it worked great.
First time PD 10 has burn a DVD in over a week.

So in short it was either custom content from Director Zone or checking and allowing SVRT on single IDR H.264 video.

I suspect custom content because this is one of the only things I did was download some Director Zone to PD from time burning worked to complete failure in burning DVD.
PD 10 really needs more checking of files uploaded in this area as it would be very easy for someone to upload a effected file.

So I believe problem is in one of the many downloads from Director Zone which I will not use anymore that is for sure.
[Post New]
One other comment.
Now when looking at video created and burned through PD 10 and then comparing same video burned directly to Nero bypassing PD the quality appears the same.
So this has also fixed that problem , go figure. :
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
abslayer -

You must be as relieved as we are that you're now able to burn DVDs successfully. That great. I hope you can (now) go ahead & enjoy your editing & production.

You said: "Go figure". There's NO figuring that one!

1. Signing into DirectorZone wouldn't interfere with production or burning.

2. Downloaded & custom content (effects, menus etc) are not removed during the uninstall process (even with Revo)
These files are stored in locations untouched by install/uninstall procedures:
● Custom Menus - C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus
● Other Custom Effects - C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0 (in sub-folders)
● Downloaded Effects - C:\Users\Public\CyberLink in sub-folders)

3. The presence of these custom/downloaded files wouldn't affect production or burning

BUT

Let's not try to figure it out, eh? PD's working for you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
1. Signing into DirectorZone wouldn't interfere with production or burning.

Ab What it did when I Signing into DirectorZone on rein stalling PD was all custom downloads I have made in the past would show up in PD 10
When I did not sign up none showed up in PD 10 so I have to disagree.

2. Downloaded & custom content (effects, menus etc) are not removed during the uninstall process (even with Revo)
These files are stored in locations untouched by install/uninstall procedures:

AB That explains why they show up when Signing into DirectorZone and caused my problem , that also needs to be changed if that is correct.

3. The presence of these custom/downloaded files wouldn't affect production or burning

AB I do not know how you can say that as when they are there I can not burn when they are not I can so once again I will have to disagree.
Either way I am not touching them ever again.
All I know is now there are NO custom content in my copy of PD 10 and I no longer have the above problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2012 14:32