Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWER DIRECTOR 10 - What Would Make You Buy It?
ZoltanCanonHF200 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2009 07:30 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Working AVCHD Canon (HF200) editing (finally fixed again(!) in the second PD9 patch afair)... + audio loudness transition issue fixed (the latter is still there btw since PD8!!!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2011 13:41

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
How about the ability to SKEW pips to give the impression of perspective?
My other NLE can do it with ease. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I would love to see pre-rendering of complex scenes that could then be taken into a new window. AKA Adobe Premiere Pro. I find it very tedious to have to go back and re time multiple tracks which have changed due to the addition of a new frame. Dragging PowerDirector 9 along with a 32-bit Win XP PC Dual Core 2.22Ghz with 3.5 Gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT430, but still Comfortable and pleased with it.
KEN-PD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 08:48 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with a previous post that if PD10 launches in the next 2-3 months, then the program features/structure is already set. My fear is that PD10 will be a PD9 with 3D duct taped to it.. but of course I am hoping I am very wrong.
Most comments on this thread are likely most relevant to PD11, whenever that may launch.

Reliability and video quality are two virtues I would like for PD10/11.

For instance, interlacing management is indeed awful, rendering (particularly any type of HD) creates way too many artifacts. Timeline scrolling/editing responsiveness can be very slow, and can bring a powerful machine to a standstill.

My take for the PDxx software 'customer' is one that wants an easy to use system, but can grow somewhat as that customer gains some experience. If the customer starts to need even more and more features, then it is likely time to graduate from the PD world. Which brings me back to ease of use with best of class reliabilty and video/audio quality - those are the aspects that the relatively light user (and any user) should be able to take to the bank. If there were a solid PD-xx product, that product would provide significant product differentiation to Cyberlink.

Making even more bells and whistles available that only sometimes work is not the direction that makes sense for this program and target customers. I also agree with a concept that if the PD software guys know of specific lesser used features that mess up the rest of the program, those features are better left out.

Seriously, if the new PDxx sales flyer said - "NEW ENHANCED REDUCED FEATURE SET, BUT THE ONES WE KEPT WORK!", that would be a good thing for PD.

I was doing very well with PD8, and purchased PD9 sight unseen. Almost a year later as PD10 possibly emerges, I am still on PD8 with PD9 sitting in the box. And this is after trying every PD9 patch available and spending wayyy too much time with drivers, etc trying to see if I could get PD9 to work as well as PD8.

PD10 will not be purchased by me until I see how the trial version actually works.

Robin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 12:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi There,
The ability to use key frames and movement of the image to animate an image as an over lay whilst making a menu or credit feature
Rockyrobin
Robin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 12:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I also forgot to say that if you look at proshow producer and see what can be done with slides and key frames that is what is wanted
[Post New]
Dear friends,

Thank you very much for contributing your suggestions on this matter, we are closely watching all suggestions and log them into our database for considerations.

First of all, I am glad to let you know that many of your suggestions are already included in PowerDirector 10, such as (1) enabling 3rd party plug-ins, (2) more comprehensive right-click menu, (3) improved SVRT to make it work better, (4) marker on the timeline, (5) inserting a marker by tapping a key while listening the music, (6) inserting transitions without affecting the subsequent timeline, (7) the ability to SKEW PiPs to give an impression of perspective, and (8 ) more user control over output bitrate.

For other suggestions not included in v10 due to time constraint, we will certainly include them in v11 considerations.

Secondly, I like to address the positioning of PowerDirector. Our vision is to make PowerDirector as the best video editor for prosumers with two additional considerations as (1) still easy to understand and use for novice consumers, and (2) superb performance with rich enough features for professionals to find it attractive and useful. Should we release a "Professional" version for professional users with a price tag above $500 remains a considerable option for future planning, but this will not happen in v10. If there are clear indications that a Professional version will benefit most of our users then we may consider putting it in our future roadmap.

One more time, thank you all for the valuable input. We will keep learning from your suggestions to make PowerDirector work better for you.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, product manager. Why is it that we never see any actual names attached to such important titles ? And if PD10 is in the works, then by who and when is it going to be beta tested ? PD9 was chock full of basic bugs and much of the beta testers' suggestions were ignored.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2011 21:16

Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Dear Cyberlink ProductManager;

I really appreciate the time you took to come in and post an acknowledgement of our "wish List". If you are still reading this, I have two (2) items that I consider very critical to the success of a new Product (10):

1. Make sure that Powerdirector NINE (9) is working for the majority of users FIRST!! Problems with DVD/BD burning, lack of video support (green screen overcast), MOV and AVI support, sound and timeline "pauses" and hesitations pervade the current release of PD9. Please fix these FIRST, as we really don't want to cause a mutiny amongst the dedicated users who have recently purchased or upgraded to PD9!!

2. Consider a bugfix/release notes/outstanding issues list (beyond the little pop-up that is included in the software update page). The ability to see the issues already reported and in progress would make it MUCH easier to support the product. Either to the public, registered users, or Beta-testers/Power Users.....you pick who sees it, but make it!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2011 22:02

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Dear CL stranger...can you provide double-super-secret knowledge that no one else has that proves you are who you claim to be? Until then, I am wary of false prophets. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Barry , you ARE the MAN

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 11:42

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
And,
where did you get your 5 stars? Your profile has less information on it than Barak Obama's birth certificate. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dear CL stranger...can you provide double-super-secret knowledge that no one else has that proves you are who you claim to be?

Exactly!
Quick, who won the 1949 World Series? Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Do I detect a conspiracy theory in the making?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Or what is Alice Chang's oldest nephew's former best friend's name? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Pretty good English language in that post, Adrian........
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
There should be a separate rating system (like the "stars") that marks users as "skeptics". LOL

I would say we have strayed a little from the original topic, eh?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 12:14

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Barry said "Or what is Alice Chang's oldest nephew's ..................."

How come YOU know she has a nephew, I suspect you are better connected than you let on. Did you pay for your copy of PD9???? Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Methinks Barry may actually be a "Disinformation Agent".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 12:22

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Comrades,
what could be more on-topic than the truth?
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Although the avatar of the Product Manager looks very like the truth...

No eyes to see...
No ears to hear...
No mouth to say...

: