Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ongoing Audio/Video splitting issue now documented in YouTube video
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have documented the appearance of broken A/V clips after closing and reopening PD12. This was done with the current version (2726), but it has been present since PD12 was released. The clips and project are all 60p, but I did not change the project FPS setting during this test.

As a "bonus," the incomplete screen refresh bug made a guest appearance at about the 1 minute mark, and maybe that will get Cyberlink's attention as well

The video can be viewed here. If anyone is interested, the project files and video clips are stored in this OneDrive folder, so feel free to download and test for yourself.

Dafydd, I hope this will help our friends at Cyberlink understand why the fix for this chronic issue is so desperately needed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2014 03:43

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have documented the appearance of broken A/V clips after closing and reopening PD12. This was done with the current version (2726), but it has been present since PD12 was released. The clips and project are all 60p, but I did not change the project FPS setting during this test.

As a "bonus," the incomplete screen refresh bug made a guest appearance at about the 1 minute mark, and maybe that will get Cyberlink's attention as well

The video can be viewed here. If anyone is interested, the project files and video clips are stored in this OneDrive folder, so feel free to download and test for yourself.

Dafydd, I hope this will help our friends at Cyberlink understand why the fix for this chronic issue is so desperately needed

Hi
An excellent video showing the problem, brilliant. I have forwarded the data to CyberLink. Thank you for carrying out this task, I'm sure many editors appreciate what you've done, I certainly do.
Dafydd
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
I tried your files and followed your exact steps 5 times during the day. On my system the issue does not arise.

Having said that, I have had it occur very rarely, and when it was first reported I managed to get it with just 3 copies of the nature clip and a couple of transitions but it was not repeatable on my system.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30517.page

DxDiag of test laptop attached.

Cheers
Adrian
 Filename
VN800riderDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
550 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
vn800rider, thanks for the feedback. The fact that the same project and clips running on your machine don't come up as broken would seem to suggest that the project files are not to blame, and neither are the clips. That only leaves my machine and the actual installation of PD12. Very strange...

There are other ways to force a break but this was something that happened reliably on my machine in the course of building a project. I can only hope that CL will be able to duplicate the behavior on one of their setups. I don't think this is related to the GTX 700 series graphics card issues, but maybe it is.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:
R&D have localised the Unlink issue raised here (which is different from the one fixed in the latest patch) and are aiming to include the fix in the next beta patch.
Dafydd
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Nice video Optodata

Thanks for the update Dafydd.
Looking forward to finally getting this one nailed down.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
optodata
[Post New]
Breaking News!

Dafydd has forwarded me a new DLL from Cyberlink that fixes the unlink issues I documented in this video! It even repairs the damaged clips from the Test4 and Test5 projects!

I've also tested it on six other reliable ways to break the a/v sync from this thread and this one, and I've found that the problem no longer occurs AT ALL when using 50fps! The problem is also fixed for one the 60fps tests, but two others still break.

Despite two remaining instances, this is a huge step forward, and I'm going to document my findings in a new video. I will call special attention to the two remaining a/v unlink issues at 60fps.

My understanding is that this DLL will be included in the next beta patch. Please PM Dafydd directly if you want to try the new DLL on your system before then.

This is looking really, really good

YouTube/optodata

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Breaking News!

Dafydd has forwarded me a new DLL from Cyberlink that fixes the unlink issues I documented in this video! It even repairs the damaged clips from the Test4 and Test5 projects!

I've also tested it on six other reliable ways to break the a/v sync from this thread and this one, and I've found that the problem no longer occurs AT ALL when using 50fps! The problem is also fixed for one the 60fps tests, but two others still break.

Despite two remaining instances, this is a huge step forward, and I'm going to document my findings in a new video. I will call special attention to the two remaining a/v unlink issues at 60fps.

My understanding is that this DLL will be included in the next beta patch. Please PM Dafydd directly if you want to try the new DLL on your system before then.

This is looking really, really good

Well done, brilliant results. I'd like to know more on the two 60fps and await your videos.
Thank you.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe a patch fix (BETA 2810) to resolve the unlinking issue? Worth testing: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38382.page#197675
Dafydd
optodata
[Post New]
This one is looking really good! I'll post on the 2810 Beta thread in a few minutes

YouTube/optodata