Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 build 2726 patch release
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 build 2726 patch release

Software Update Web Page:
ENU: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Release Note:

Updates:
*Adds auto scroll to the effect properties header when expanded/collapsed in the PiP/Title/Particle/Menu Designer.
*Improves CPU usage and performance when producing video with ColorDirector adjustments applied.
*Improves program stability when importing and producing QuickTime files.
*Improves program stability when editing in Magic Motion Designer or video cropping then playback on timeline on 4th Generation *Intel Core Processor (Haswell) platforms.
*Improves program stability when applying GPU acceleration on particle effect on 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor (IvyBridge) platforms.
*Improves program stability when previewing video effect with OpenCL acceleration.
*Improves program stability in the Title Designer when moving pasted title text.
*Improves program stability when importing clips with Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus audio.
*Resolves program crash issue that periodically occurs by changing lines when editing text in the Title Designer.
*Resolves program crash issue when clicking the Duration button to adjust the subtitles of a loaded project.
*Resolves program crash issue when entering Fix/Enhance if both PowerDirector v12 and v10 are installed in the non-default path.
*Resolves font compatibility issue in the Subtitle Room.
*Resolves the issue that video and audio randomly become unlinked/unsynced when saving a project after changing timeline frame rate.
*Improves program performance when applying Pixelan FilmTouch2 effect in the Menu Designer.
*Resolves the issue that opacity effect disappears after enabling motion blur.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2014 04:18

[Post New]
I am not able to download the patch through cyberlink downloader. Is there any direct link for the patch which can be downloaded with download managers?
Ha Vy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2014 11:43 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Neither am I.

It shows a dialog that "PowerDirector 12 is currently unavailable. Please try later"
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
bijoo - please see these notes regarding getting the CL downloader to work properly.

Dafydd, I'm dismayed to find that the simplest possible test for the A/V unlinking fails in this new patch, despite the #13 claim "*Resolves the issue that video and audio randomly become unlinked/unsynced when saving a project after changing timeline frame rate."

If I create a new 60PFPS project and drop Nature.wmv on Track 1 of the timeline so that the clip crosses the 8:00 mark (e.g the clip starts at 7:53 and ends at 8:09), all I have to do to break the clip is save the project, close PD, then reopen it. Note that I didn't even change the timeline and the clip is broken upon it's first reopen.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this issue persists long after we forum dwellers found and reported such an easy-to-duplicate test for the corruption. This is the 3rd or 4th patch that claims to address the issue, and yet in 20 seconds I can run 1 test and show that the fault is still there

I will do a few more tests on the other "fixed" items and will try this out with my GTX 780 installed to see if there's been any improvement there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 02:34

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Those unable to download the patch please look up another fix in the thread optodata gave.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32601.page#177216

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: bijoo - please see these notes regarding getting the CL downloader to work properly.

Dafydd, I'm dismayed to find that the simplest possible test for the A/V unlinking fails in this new patch, despite the #13 claim "*Resolves the issue that video and audio randomly become unlinked/unsynced when saving a project after changing timeline frame rate."

If I create a new 60PFPS project and drop Nature.wmv on Track 1 of the timeline so that the clip crosses the 8:00 mark (e.g the clip starts at 7:53 and ends at 8:09), all I have to do to break the clip is save the project, close PD, then reopen it. Note that I didn't even change the timeline and the clip is broken upon it's first reopen.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this issue persists long after we forum dwellers found and reported such an easy-to-duplicate test for the corruption. This is the 3rd or 4th patch that claims to address the issue, and yet in 20 seconds I can run 1 test and show that the fault is still there

I will do a few more tests on the other "fixed" items and will try this out with my GTX 780 installed to see if there's been any improvement there.

Thank you for raising the issue. I have referred the matter to CyberLink. I fully understand you concerns with the unlinking and the gpu matter. I have raised both with CyberLink.
Dafydd
grandnational1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2014 11:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd:

Same issue here with the unlinking audio problem.

I'll also recap another issue which others seem to be experiencing. In Version 12, even with the latest update, the software goes 'not responding' frequently. I'm on the latest patched version of Win7 with plenty of disk space on C: (Gigs) on an SSD. I have a i7-3820 with 16GB and 2 nVidia GeForce GTX550 Ti cards (drivers don't make a difference). This is the same machine I used with the previous versions of PD (11, 10, etc.) w/o issue.

It hangs so frequently, I have backups set for every 2 minutes in order to recover my work - TG for this feature! Most times it hangs when related to importing media, but more recently, it does it while working with the video clips themselves that have been imported. When it hangs, it usually takes Windows Explorer out with it, meaning I can't do anything separately with any Windows Explorer until I close PD12 from the std Windows not responding notification prompt or at times, I have to 'kill' PD12 via the task manager.

(Working on a deadline of this Friday on a project, this hanging is a real productivity killer.)
Suggestions?
CCEB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Nov 09, 2013 17:16 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I watch with dismay the number of people who are unable to download updates for PowerDirector 12. My only suggestion is that prior to downloading the patch you clear the Windows Temp file using this procedure: After bringing up "RUN" option in Windows type in "%temp%" and press enter. Select all files and folders and select delete. Then try to run the PowerDirector Patch Installer. It works every time for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 18:33

Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd:

Same issue here with the unlinking audio problem.

I'll also recap another issue which others seem to be experiencing. In Version 12, even with the latest update, the software goes 'not responding' frequently. I'm on the latest patched version of Win7 with plenty of disk space on C: (Gigs) on an SSD. I have a i7-3820 with 16GB and 2 nVidia GeForce GTX550 Ti cards (drivers don't make a difference). This is the same machine I used with the previous versions of PD (11, 10, etc.) w/o issue.

It hangs so frequently, I have backups set for every 2 minutes in order to recover my work - TG for this feature! Most times it hangs when related to importing media, but more recently, it does it while working with the video clips themselves that have been imported. When it hangs, it usually takes Windows Explorer out with it, meaning I can't do anything separately with any Windows Explorer until I close PD12 from the std Windows not responding notification prompt or at times, I have to 'kill' PD12 via the task manager.

(Working on a deadline of this Friday on a project, this hanging is a real productivity killer.)
Suggestions?

Hi grandnational1,
Who's fallen at Beecher's? The unlinking issue is definitely still "in play" and I have forwarded your concerns to CyberLink. Please take a look at optodata's report, video etc on the matter. He has shown the issue clearly for R&D to understand the ramifications of this bug. Please comment on that thread if you agree with his findings.
Thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38179.page#196559

I think you have also pinpointed another separate issue - the slowness of PDR12. I have forwarded that also to CyberLink. I don't think I can give you a solution by Friday - there might be some help if additional information is given. Screenshot of the project in Edit Workspace - that'll be good to analyze. I'd also like a Diagnostic of your PC please. - it does appear to be powerful enough.

See guides for info, Part A, B E &F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd
grandnational1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2014 11:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
In my case, that's the wrong Grand National. Try this one. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1986-Buick-Grand-National-Pictures-c13053_pi9319791?picturesTabFilter=OTHER

Actually this 'not responding' issue was not first documented by myself, but rather 'digital' in this thread.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38161.page

It is a 'new' PD12 issue as I never saw this in previous versions, not even a crash that I can recall. (I loved 11...and I want to love 12 too, once this is resolved)

Its not a 'slowness'. It actuall never recovers. It simply locks up and goes no where. I show no CPU usage at all in the performance graph tab or the CPU usage percentage of task manager - flatline - just a spinning Windows 7 circle on the screen. It never actually crashes, so I don't have the option of sending a report to Cyberlink.

I'll try to get the diagnostic info. and screenshot tonight.

I've used cleanmgr and scanned for viruses, etc. Nothing helps. ...and it's not repeatable on demand.
Sometimes, it locks up while I'm trying to import a video in to the library in the open/browse window.
Other times, I'll already have the video imported and in the timeline and I want to open it to modify something.
That Modify window/screen will open, but rather than see the video (normally available for sizing or adding a mask, etc.), I just see a black area (no preview photo) and then I know its hung. I'll click on anything ni PD and I'll get the white Windows screen asking me to wait or close. It doesn't matter how long I wait.
All of the videos this happens on were captured by the same equipment on the same day. They are relatively short videos (1080P) of no more than a minute or two. (Sometimes it happens with photos too, but those come from different sources.)

So, it can't render a preview in the latter case? But then the same operation on the same video, after I close it, and it recover from my last 2 minute backup works fine. Its also not a degradation thing, because sometimes, it will hang right away after a recovery and other times I could work minutes w/o issue.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2014 18:02

BobAbbott1618 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2014 16:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
The update went just fine for me by clicking on the link in this thread. I just used Magic Sound and it went pretty smoothly.

I have attached a DxDiag file if anyone is interested.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
621 time(s)
PD user since 10...now on Director Suite 3
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In my case, that's the wrong Grand National. Try this one. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1986-Buick-Grand-National-Pictures-c13053_pi9319791?picturesTabFilter=OTHER

Actually this 'not responding' issue was not first documented by myself, but rather 'digital' in this thread.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38161.page

Sweet ride. I came very close to grabbing a GNX a few years ago but passed on it and got something else.

Have you tried disabling your SLI to see if that would help?

This new update is running pretty good for me so far. Still some of the usual quirks in the program, but the update went smoothly.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
eull [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2010 03:36 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
hy; Edditing error in .mov files; Camera Nikon D600 1920x1080p 30 fps at 22 mb/sec; i updated the quick time to the last version; it's a little better but still are errors;
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2014 08:53

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
PD 12 hangs when I try to import media files. It does not, however, if I import files in the library
[Thumb - PD hang after 2726 patch.png]
 Filename
PD hang after 2726 patch.png
[Disk]
 Description
PD hangs
 Filesize
674 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
251 time(s)
PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Solution

Uninstalled PD ,re-installed with earlier patch PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: PD 12 hangs when I try to import media files. It does not, however, if I import files in the library

Hi BabIndia,
Please can you provide a bit more information. In your image I see that you don't have any file extensions displayed - so we need to know what file type you're attempting to import. MediaInfo on the file as well please. If you could provide a video screen capture of the event - to give the CL techs a clearer picture of what happens and what actions you are carrying out - that would be really good. Video screen capture = wmv and attached to a reply here please.
I'll forward the additional data to CyberLink.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hy; Edditing error in .mov files; Camera Nikon D600 1920x1080p 30 fps at 22 mb/sec; i updated the quick time to the last version; it's a little better but still are errors;

Please start a new topic for your problem and members will I'm sure try and assist you.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=120
Dafydd
eull [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2010 03:36 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Good job DOWNGRADING Power Director 12 !!! ,,*Improves program stability when importing and producing QuickTime files.
''

In build 2420 i don't remember having this problems.
babindia
[Post New]
Dafydd

The files are m2ts files 60 fps 1980x1080.
Reapplied patch 2726. Working now. Strange PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi BabIndia,
Thanks for the update. Good to know 2726 re-install fixed the glitch.
I always display the file extensions in Windows.
Dafydd