Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2613
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Previous patch 2527 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31878.page
Previous patch 2509 data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31687.page
From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2613

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

Release Date: 2014-Feb-18
Release Note:
Updates:

1. Improves program stability when importing clips with Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus audio.
2. Improves program stability when multiple effects are applied to a single clip.
3. Adds auto scrolling to the effect properties heading when expanding/collapsing them in the PiP/Title/Particle/Menu Designer.

Download here:
Please go to the latest patch details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/32601.page#177067

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2014 03:32

[Post New]
Still causes problems with video and audio to unlink in this patch as describe in the previous beta patch forum.

Also there's a new way to reproduce the bug always no matter what time frame it is using only one clip.

Put one video in any time frame between 7mins and 8 mins.

Save the project and close PD 12,now open it and you will see everything is ok.

Now move the clip 2 secs either right or left and save the project and close PD12.

Once you open the project again,the video and audio is unlinked(bugged).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2014 16:12

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Still causes problems with video and audio to unlink in this patch as describe in the previous beta patch forum.
Also there's a new way to reproduce the bug always no matter what time frame it is using only one clip.
Put one video in any time frame between 7mins and 8 mins.
Save the project and close PD 12,now open it and you will see everything is ok.
Now move the clip 2 secs either right or left and save the project and close PD12.
Once you open the project again,the video and audio is unlinked(bugged).

Thank you Brygard, an excellent bit of check testing. The information you've provided will be highlighted to CyberLink immediately.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2014 05:53

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I cant replicate the issue. I have tried the Nature.wmv and I have used a 1080p mp4.
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd - try this:

Change the setting of the test project to 60fps (NTSC). You can do this either before or after the Nature clip is applied to the timeline. Save and close PD12, open and move the clip a couple of seconds, then save and close PD again. Open PD again and the clip is broken.

Want to break it even faster? Use 50fps (PAL). Place the clip at 7-8 minutes, then save and close DP. Open it again, and the clip is broken immediately. EDIT: This happens if PD is set to another frame rate when you open it. There needs to be a frame-rate change to 50 or 60fps during the session where you place the clip to cause it to break when PD is reopened. Otherwise, moving the clip during the 2nd session breaks it

24fps (Film), 25fps (PAL) and 30fps (NTSC) do NOT break the clip

It's a high frame rate issue!!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2014 14:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
DUDE!
Thats my problem,I use 60fps on my project and my video are in 60fps that causes videos to unlink.

Once I changed my project timeline fps to 30,no more videos go unlinked.

You narrowed it down whats causing it,well at least for me but now its fixed so far.

I tried editing videos past the 41 minute which I describe my previous post beta forum and now the bug is fixed for now.

Reopening and closing my saved project does't break my video and audio.

So the problems narrowed down to high framerate and maybe how the info is stored in PDS file project,probably not saving the info correctly.

Thanks man or madam for this info,it helps alot for me since i produce an hour video for my youtube.

Also you can now snap videos together with out to much worry of out sync symptoms.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
(It's Dude )

Brygard, you found a simple way to reliably break the clips, and I could duplicate your results every time both with my 60p clips. When Dafydd couldn't replicate the behavior with Nature.wmv, I tried it and when I allowed PD to change the projects frame rate to match the 30p of Nature.wmv, the clip didn't break. As soon as I changed it back to 60fps I could repeably break the clip and I knew I was on to something.

Before I posted, I tried all the other settings and found that only the 50fps (PAL) and 60fps(NTSC) settings had the problem. Eureka!

I used to always use 30fps but since I got a new 60p camera, all of my projects are 60fps to take advantage of the high frame rate, especially for slow motion. I upgraded to PD12 at about the same time that I got my new camera, and until now I didn't realize that the project's frame rate was the key. All I knew was that this had never happened in PD12.

Well, thanks to you, Dafydd and me working together, it looks like Cyberlink will have the best opportunity to figure out what on earth causes this headache.

A couple other notes: I've seen that the clip(s) actually break(s) sometime during an editing session, and not necessarily during saving or opening. Sometimes it's obvious with a random clip (almost always near the end of my 5 minute timelines) suddenly appearing as split; but other times the split has occurred but the clip isn't displayed as broken.

When this happens, you can discover that a clip is broken by clicking on it and trying to trim or use power tools on it. A damaged clip will not bring up any of those menu options - instead only Split will be available. A workaround is to unlink the video and audio, and you can then access the normal menu options, but its a real pain if you do anything to change the length or starting point of the clip because the audio is no longer linked to it.

Also, you cannot actually relink the audio and video of a damaged clip, even though the menu option is available. The clip will still be displayed as split and you cannot edit it or even drag either end to change it's length. The audio and video must be unlinked to access those functions.

The most bizarre behavior I've seen is that sometimes, a clip will break when I click Undo! The clip wasn't broken before, and yet undoing something in one clip can result in a totally different clip splitting into separate audio/video tracks. Clicking redo, then undo usually undoes the "bad" undo, but there's no way I can think of to repeat that. Maybe the editor is correctly drawing a broken clip after it undoes an unrelated action.

Bottom line, I just hope what we've found will finally allow Cyberlink to isolate what's happening and put an end to this schizophrenic nightmare

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, I was using a 59.94fps mp4 clip but the track was set to PAL@25fps (for testing something else). I usually do have it set to NTSC@60fps for my video.
Really good info optodata and Brygard. I'll check later today.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2014 03:36