Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2412
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2412
Testing continues, previous threads:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31029.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30914.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30824.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30766.page

From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2412

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

[Updates]

1. Resolves program crash issue when switching Windows user, changing screen resolution or entering sleep mode while previewing applied Magic Style.

Download:
Patch link has been removed.
Visit: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31296.page

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 10:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I'd been running this patch for a couple of days and hadn't encountered any obvious issues, but before I posted I wanted to check to see how it responded to the main issue it was supposed to address. Unfortunately, I found two problems, including the one that the patch was supposed to fix

1 - PD12 doesn't not shut down normally if Magic Style's analyzing window is canceled prior to preview being prepared. Follow these steps to replicate the problem:
  • open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc). Click on Image Name to sort by name

• Start PD12, confirm that PD12.exe, PD32Agent.exe *32 and PDHanumanSvr.exe processes are running in TM window

• In PD12, click on a clip in the timeline, click on the wand icon above the left end of the timeline ruler and select Magic Style

• Choose a Style (I chose Film Strip with transitions), then click Preview. The "Analyzing..." window should appear

• Click on Cancel, the window should close and the project should not have changed (no * after the title at the very top of the PD12 window)

• Close PD, then check TM window. On my pc, only PDHanumanSvr.exe closes

• Try to relaunch PD. It should fail because the other two processes are still running

• End PD12.exe, PD32Agent.exe *32 processes in TM window

• PD12 should now be able to start

• 2 - PD12 does not successfully recover when pc goes to sleep while Magic Style preview is running
  • Start PD12, click on a clip in the timeline, click on the wand icon and select Magic Style

• Choose a Style, then click Preview. The "Analyzing..." window should appear. Let it finish

• The normal Preview window should show the style applied to the existing clip. If it does not play automatically, click on the Play button or hit the spacebar (the "Output" button should be highlighted to see the style)

• With the preview running, click on Start, the right arrow next to Shut Down and choose Sleep

• Wait a few seconds after the fans shut off, then hit any key to wake up the computer

• On my PC, PD12 sometimes crashed with the reporter window appearing upon wakeup, at other times it resumed but the style window was corrupted. Typically, the music and original clips were playing and moving around but the style's graphics would be present in some scenes and completely missing (all black) in others.

• Can anyone else duplicate these issues on their rigs? Obviously your computer needs to be setup for sleep or that option won't be available.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
    All vodi
    Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
    [Post New]
    Intermittently PD12 will render a BLACK screen on an MOV (AVC) clip. This issue began after release 2230 in one of the betas as I've now traced.

- I cannot duplicate this because I can render the identical project 10 or more times and it will occur perhaps once.
    - It is always with a clip that was trimmed prior to rendering.
    - The entire clip is blacked out, with the audio being in tact.

Anyone come across this ?

Win 10, i7
    Pettros1
    Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
    [Post New]
    Have recently moved up to CPD12 and using Beta 2412. All is OK with Nvidia GT640 GC but have a strange issue with some frame clips re media source. If have edited or clipped some frames sometimes get message as per pic attached.
    Result of trying to create to direct disc is will produce some 20-25% and stop.
    If I go back to edit and leave the clip intact have no problem. Seems to be maybe only certain clips?
    My usual is to take .mts files straight through to DVD/YouTube and using CPD10 up til now. So not sure if beta issue or what it is.
    Remember a Newbie this Christmas.
    Peter
    [Thumb - Snap_2013.12.20_09h28m24s_001.png]
     Filename
    Snap_2013.12.20_09h28m24s_001.png
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    391 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    270 time(s)
     Filename
    DxDiag.txt
    [Disk]
     Description
     Filesize
    61 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    466 time(s)
    optodata
    Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi Peter

I've seen that message quite a lot with the past couple of beta releases, especially when I've tried to use the Render Preview function with .mts files. It seemed like the error was related to the temporary files that PD12 created and they didn't affect my output .m2ts or .mp4 files or my ability to burn a disc or disc folder.

I and others have had problems using a custom menu when burning or disc or disc folders with a custom menu. Are you just putting the video on a disc or have you added/customized a menu? try it without a menu and see if you can get all the way through. Also, burning to a folder will result in fewer coasters while this gets sorted out

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Pettros1
    Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
    [Post New]
    Thanks for that. I usually do minimal amount of editing and amounts just deleting bits of clips with coughs, hiccups or whatever and then just create strait to DVD and a folder.
    Do add a short 10-15sec intro and ending with title, sound track (edit sound levels, clip etc.).

The file in screenshot once l left the clip in original length produce to DVD and folder just fine.

Have started another so will see how it goes. Have burned folders only and then burned that to DVD.

CPD12 was concerned my system would not manage it, but seems OK. 64 bit with 4gb ram might be bit of a stretch. Can say have done close to 100 hour fifteen to hour and three quarter videos using CPD10 and hardly any issues other than me. Actually always me.
    ie. coasters: things you ride on at Luna park? In your case Knotts Berry Farm?

PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
    optodata
    [Post New]
    Quote:
    ie. coasters: things you ride on at Luna park? In your case Knotts Berry Farm?

No, more like the flat things you put between drinking glasses and the table to keep the condensation from ruining the wood, as in that's about all any failed CDs/DVDs are good for. Must be American slang. Sorry mate!

YouTube/optodata

Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Quote: Intermittently PD12 will render a BLACK screen on an MOV (AVC) clip. This issue began after release 2230 in one of the betas as I've now traced.

- I cannot duplicate this because I can render the identical project 10 or more times and it will occur perhaps once.
    - It is always with a clip that was trimmed prior to rendering.
    - The entire clip is blacked out, with the audio being in tact.

Anyone come across this ?

Interesting, I'll pass the info onto CyberLink. MediaInfo on the mov file, full trim info and render selection might be asked for.
    Dafydd
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Pettros1 ,
    Please post on the main forum as a new topic. The "20% issue" indicates it's likely to do with your menu.
    In your new topic ensure you post a diagnostic file for members to assist you with your set up.
    I don't think your issues are related to the beta release.
    Dafydd
    jebsmith [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2013 21:30 Messages: 2 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hey guys. This is my first post so bear with me. I was on 331.83 with this newest patch. It does make the rendering better, however it is still about a half second off in spots. When lining up clips with the beat of music this version with the newest nvidia drivers is still unusable. I had to roll back to the previous drivers.
    [Post New]
    Dear Dafydd

After long awaiting PD 11 ultra “rendering bar” solution from CL, I have finally bought PD 12 Ultra version online, I was too much hopeful with PD 12 that it will make my life as smooth as ever before (as it was with PD 11 before this rendering bar issue came up after Nvida driver update), but PD 12 also having issues as follows:

Once I have imported video to timeline (MP4 and AVI), I am trying to work on the clip for editing but it freezes and lags in preview screen as well as hovering over becomes lagy and freezy…

I have raised a tech support ticket for same issue when I worked with PD 12 trial version when I first encountered with this issue but after buying full version (after applying latest beta patch 2412 even) the issue persist… and all my hope to work with PD smoothly again has vanished. Please also find word file where the solution was given from tech team which I also tried but nothing changed…

I have attached dxdiag report for my Desktop PC and a link to YouTube Video where you can see the actual issue/problem.
    Apart from above PD 12 has no other issues in rendering videos or any other matter. Please note that PD 11 never had such issue (lag/freeze) until “rendering bar” issue popped up….

Raw video clips I am using are: H264 Mp4 1080P@60fps, AVI @ 30 fps - But I am sure it has same issue with me even if I use other video formats

Please point me to ther right direction where I can find solution to the problem

Thanks
    Prash

YT Video link showing issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOigo5uBIxs

Dxdiag Report: http://www.mediafire.com/view/z6hdbnsiiqnj9sy/Dxdiag%20Report.txt

CL tech Support Solution email: http://www.mediafire.com/view/63qbru2o400912t/CL%20Tech%20Support.txt
    Solution offered from tech support earlier:
    PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Quote: Dear Dafydd

After long awaiting PD 11 ultra “rendering bar” solution from CL, I have finally bought PD 12 Ultra version online, I was too much hopeful with PD 12 that it will make my life as smooth as ever before (as it was with PD 11 before this rendering bar issue came up after Nvida driver update), but PD 12 also having issues as follows:

Once I have imported video to timeline (MP4 and AVI), I am trying to work on the clip for editing but it freezes and lags in preview screen as well as hovering over becomes lagy and freezy…

I have raised a tech support ticket for same issue when I worked with PD 12 trial version when I first encountered with this issue but after buying full version (after applying latest beta patch 2412 even) the issue persist… and all my hope to work with PD smoothly again has vanished. Please also find word file where the solution was given from tech team which I also tried but nothing changed…

I have attached dxdiag report for my Desktop PC and a link to YouTube Video where you can see the actual issue/problem.
    Apart from above PD 12 has no other issues in rendering videos or any other matter. Please note that PD 11 never had such issue (lag/freeze) until “rendering bar” issue popped up….

Raw video clips I am using are: H264 Mp4 1080P@60fps, AVI @ 30 fps - But I am sure it has same issue with me even if I use other video formats

Please point me to ther right direction where I can find solution to the problem

Thanks
    Prash

YT Video link showing issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOigo5uBIxs

Dxdiag Report: http://www.mediafire.com/view/z6hdbnsiiqnj9sy/Dxdiag%20Report.txt

CL tech Support Solution email: http://www.mediafire.com/view/63qbru2o400912t/CL%20Tech%20Support.txt
    Solution offered from tech support earlier:

Hi Prash,

What's your Preview quality selection - if HD, lower it to High, see attached image.

There is also an FAQ for you to read, I found it useful to know about. http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16452&utm_source=community&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=render

Dafydd
    [Thumb - SD-2013-02-399.png]
     Filename
    SD-2013-02-399.png
    [Disk]
     Description
    Preview Quality - stuttering display - lower resolution
     Filesize
    26 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    2262 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2013 04:48

Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Hi Prash,
    Thank you for the video and the diagnostic file. CyberLink have seen your post here (and the above answer relates to that).

The video /preview display is good from me too. The diagnostic shows you're rooting through a USB hub - not good for video/large data transfer in my view. You'll know what you're doing I'm sure and this might not be a worry here.

I found "WD MyBook's" to be ok but needing to be pinged to keep active and would drop into sleep mode too often and unless constantly active would slow video editing down.

Just adding an opinion.

Dafydd
    [Post New]
    Dear Dafydd

I have already tried differnet preview windowd including normal but result is same, I tried with smaller files sizes but nothing changed. Same issue never occurred with PD 11 on same very computer/settings.

I could not actually understand your second post regarding WD and pinged? would you please simplify it?

I have recently installed new SSHD brand seagate which has 8 GB nand SSD drive and HDD of 2 TB. My OS and programs runs on same for better performance....
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIQTKAS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WD is now just normal data backup drive

Once again, this issue of lag/freezing didn't exit with PD 11 Ultra version it worked like charm with same hardware/PC

Please let me know your suggestions

Thanks

Prash

Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    I have already tried differnet preview windowd including normal but result is same, I tried with smaller files sizes but nothing changed. Same issue never occurred with PD 11 on same very computer/settings.
    I could not actually understand your second post regarding WD and pinged? would you please simplify it?
    I have recently installed new SSHD brand seagate which has 8 GB nand SSD drive and HDD of 2 TB. My OS and programs runs on same for better performance....
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIQTKAS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    WD is now just normal data backup drive
    Once again, this issue of lag/freezing didn't exit with PD 11 Ultra version it worked like charm with same hardware/PC
    Please let me know your suggestions
    Thanks
    Prash

Hi Prash,
    I'm stumped - I don't know what's causing your issue. I cant replicate your problem and I had only one stutter displaying mp4 59.94fps mp4 in FullHD preview and not as you've had.

Ping a USB HDD - keeps it active. I have used NoSleepHD, a free software, in the past to keep my external HDD's active.

Thanks for the information on your new hard drive, an interesting read.

Dafydd
    [Post New]
    Dear Dafydd

what should I do under these circumstances? I have raised tech support ticket yesterday detailing same issue (CS001322609)

but since earlier response from tech support was not satisfactory, i thought of posting my issue in forum where I hoped to find some help

Thanks

Prash PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    what should I do under these circumstances? I have raised tech support ticket yesterday detailing same issue (CS001322609)
    but since earlier response from tech support was not satisfactory, i thought of posting my issue in forum where I hoped to find some help
    Thanks
    Prash

Hi Prash,
    I've PM'd you some information. I am waiting for CyberLink to get back to me on your issue.
    Dafydd
    [Post New]
    Thanks Dafydd

I have also replied you via PM, I am hopping to get some solution from CL as well

Thanks a ton for the help

Merry Christmas and happy holidays

Cheers
    Prash PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    [Post New]
    Quote: Thanks Dafydd

I have also replied you via PM, I am hopping to get some solution from CL as well

Thanks a ton for the help

Merry Christmas and happy holidays

Cheers
    Prash

Hi Prash,
    You're most welcome.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned ShadowPlay, are you running 1.8.1.0 of GeForce experience? As this feature captures a chunk of mp4 I wonder if you can
    1. Provide the MediaInfo on the video you're editing in the tracks (one large clip's data). See Guide, Part J, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
    2. Provide a very short (5 seconds) of a game video for analysis.

The data may help CyberLink.

Nadolig Llawen i ti.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2013 12:17

[Post New]
    Thanks

There seems to be no option for attaching any kind of files here, how exactly I can attach file? Can I attach external link like media fire?