Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2405
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2405
Testing continues, previous threads:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30914.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30824.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30766.page

From CyberLink:

Dear PowerDirector 12 Forum Members,

Going forward, we’d like to provide our forum members with access to beta patch updates for PowerDirector 12. Beta patch updates are provided by CyberLink so PowerDirector 12 users can have access to quick bug fixes and assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved.

PowerDirector 12 BETA patch v2405

Below are the release notes for the latest beta patch.

[Updates]

1. Resolves the Magic Style issue where templates are sometimes black once applied to clips.
2. Resolves the Magic Style issue where clips disappear after applying "Interactive" template.
3. Resolves issue of program not responding when rotating default "Item" object in the Menu Designer.
4. Resolves program crash issue when an applied title character type has deleted characters in the Title Designer.
5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting a character after inputting more than 255 characters in the Menu Designer.
6. Resolves program crash issue when dragging clip with overlap transition from one track to another.

Download:
Please go to the latest patch for download data: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/31135.page

Please feel free to post in this thread:

- if all the change log issues appear to be resolved by the beta patch update.
- if any new program related issues arise as a result of installing the beta patch update.

Please do not use this thread to:

- post any questions about other issues not outlined in the change log.
- post suggested enhancements for future versions of PowerDirector.

We want to ensure this thread stays on the topic at hand, so your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Please note: The PowerDirector development team will not respond to this thread. The thread is intended to be a central gathering place for feedback on the current beta patch update to ensure that future updates of PowerDirector 12 are of the highest quality.

Please note: The beta patch updates are still undergoing the testing process and may include significant issues. It is the beta tester’s responsibility to protect their system and data during beta testing. It is strongly recommended that you back up your computer and its data prior installing a beta patch update.

Regards,
PowerDirector Team

Members who test the beta batch and I'm sure many of us will have a go, here are some items to include and consider.

1. Test the issue you find, see if it repeatedly does the fault.
2. Write up your actions/report so others can follow your actions (step by step) and replicate the fault you've found.
3. Be thorough. Test the beta fully BEFORE writing a report here, "don't jump too soon" without checking your actions.
4. INCLUDE a diagnostic of your PC.
5. Don't overload this feedback location with multiple confirmations - one or two is ok, if you disagree, that's good to.
6. Feedback on the patch - no distracting or tangential commentary is wanted, as it is unnecessary on this thread.

Have a go and see what you find - it can be fun making PowerDirector better.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator

2013-12-10: Change made to Updates/Item 5.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2013 05:42

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting specific symbols in the Menu Designer.

Would you have CL clarify what "specific symbols" they are referring to. I can't see anything in the entire Menu Designer that is referred to as a symbol in the PD GUI or PD manual, we have buttons, thumbnails, fonts, frames, masks, highlights, titles, image, effects, transitions, index, .... but no symbols.

Thanks
Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: 5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting specific symbols in the Menu Designer.

Would you have CL clarify what "specific symbols" they are referring to. I can't see anything in the entire Menu Designer that is referred to as a symbol in the PD GUI or PD manual, we have buttons, thumbnails, fonts, frames, masks, highlights, titles, image, effects, transitions, index, .... but no symbols.

Thanks
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I had clarification arrive in the mail this morning and have made a change to Item 5 in the list of updates.
Dafydd
molan1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Joined: Nov 20, 2013 17:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure the patch solves my issues, however I am willing to try.

So, how do I get the patch?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Not sure the patch solves my issues, however I am willing to try.

So, how do I get the patch?

See link in first post.
molan1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Joined: Nov 20, 2013 17:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, yes sorry.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I need another verification of this scenario.

It appears that after a project is produced and after PD automatically imports it into the library one cannot play any of the video files in the library. Image and audio files are OK. Win 10, i7
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
HDedit

No sign of this when I tried - edit series of clips - produce - back to edit window - all clips appear to behave normally

No obvious issues generally using this patch - everything continues as normal! Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Wow, from this original bullet
5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting specific symbols in the Menu Designer.

To this modified bullet
5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting a character after inputting more than 255 characters in the Menu Designer.

That's more than a translation issue, that looks like blatant misrepresentation. The PowerDirector Team expects end users to decipher and appropriately evaluate/test from original item 5 wording? I find that highly unlikely. Are other bullets so misrepresented as well? Only take away I have from these bullets is the PowerDirector Team maybe made a change in the Menu Designer, see if it affects you.

I hope the PowerDirector Team reads these threads, in my humble opinion, the paying user community and those offering to test these beta releases deserve much better information than the original bullet to have any chance of "assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved" as the thread states.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded the patch and haven't run into any problems, even with the newest NVidia driver (331.93 beta). I checked for a couple of the issues that the previous PD beta patch resolved, and they haven't resurfaced.

I'll need more time to see if there's any change in the occurrence of the problem where audio and video sections from various clips randomly separate and becoming uneditable during normal project editing.

However, I have found that the new code does not address the issue of failing to burn a DVD with more than 1 clip/title using a custom menu. I get 98% of the way finished and still get error eC00C0005 whether burning to disc or folder

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd,

Wow, from this original bullet
5. Resolves program crash issue when deleting specific symbols in the Menu Designer.

To this modified bullet

That's more than a translation issue, that looks like blatant misrepresentation. The PowerDirector Team expects end users to decipher and appropriately evaluate/test from original item 5 wording? I find that highly unlikely. Are other bullets so misrepresented as well? Only take away I have from these bullets is the PowerDirector Team maybe made a change in the Menu Designer, see if it affects you.

I hope the PowerDirector Team reads these threads, in my humble opinion, the paying user community and those offering to test these beta releases deserve much better information than the original bullet to have any chance of "assist in confirming that the issues have been resolved" as the thread states.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your original post and your follow up. I will pass on your concerns to CyberLink.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have downloaded the patch and haven't run into any problems, even with the newest NVidia driver (331.93 beta). I checked for a couple of the issues that the previous PD beta patch resolved, and they haven't resurfaced.

I'll need more time to see if there's any change in the occurrence of the problem where audio and video sections from various clips randomly separate and becoming uneditable during normal project editing.

However, I have found that the new code does not address the issue of failing to burn a DVD with more than 1 clip/title using a custom menu. I get 98% of the way finished and still get error eC00C0005 whether burning to disc or folder

Hi optodata,
Thank you for the feedback. Could you provide some more data on the error message please?
1. a screenshot of the popup error message,
2. a screenshot of your project in Edit Workspace and
3. info on your choices in Create Disc.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I need another verification of this scenario.
It appears that after a project is produced and after PD automatically imports it into the library one cannot play any of the video files in the library. Image and audio files are OK.

Quote: HDedit
No sign of this when I tried - edit series of clips - produce - back to edit window - all clips appear to behave normally
No obvious issues generally using this patch - everything continues as normal!

Thank you HDedit for posting your findings and for Ed71 for checking. Anyone else checked the project/produce event?
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
HDedit wrote:I need another verification of this scenario.
It appears that after a project is produced and after PD automatically imports it into the library one cannot play any of the video files in the library. Image and audio files are OK.

I just tried that with a short (30 sec) project produced to 1080/60p .mts. When I clicked the Return to Edit link the produced file was imported into the library. I could play it along with all the original library clips, both audio and video, in the preview window as well as in the timeline.

HDedit, did the same project work normally before you installed the new PD patch? Have you tried it with another project? If you have a system image, can you restore it and try the same project to see if the error goes away?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
Dafydd wrote:Hi optodata,
Thank you for the feedback. Could you provide some more data on the error message please?
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd
I get the error when I produce the project to disc/folder and when I import the produced .mts files. The attached editor view is very sparse as it only contains one produced file. The 2D disc settings view shows the DVD settings, and the error happens whether I use LPCM or Dolby Digital.

There's a limit of 3 attached files per post, so I'll follow this with screenshots of the DVD menu content, menu structure and final output screens.

Thanks for your assistance
-Ron
[Thumb - PD DVD fail.png]
 Filename
PD DVD fail.png
[Disk]
 Description
burn fail error
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
278 time(s)
[Thumb - Editor.png]
 Filename
Editor.png
[Disk]
 Description
editor view
 Filesize
108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
257 time(s)
[Thumb - 2D disc.png]
 Filename
2D disc.png
[Disk]
 Description
DVD settings
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
272 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Here are 3 more screenshots that show everything that's supposed to end up on the DVD.

Thanks!
[Thumb - Menu Pref.png]
 Filename
Menu Pref.png
[Disk]
 Description
DVD menu structure
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
242 time(s)
[Thumb - Final Output.png]
 Filename
Final Output.png
[Disk]
 Description
Final Output screen
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)
[Thumb - Content.png]
 Filename
Content.png
[Disk]
 Description
DVD content
 Filesize
140 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
239 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Dafydd wrote:Hi optodata,
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd
I get the error when I produce the project to disc/folder and when I import the produced .mts files. The attached editor view is very sparse as it only contains one produced file. The 2D disc settings view shows the DVD settings, and the error happens whether I use LPCM or Dolby Digital.

There's a limit of 3 attached files per post, so I'll follow this with screenshots of the DVD menu content, menu structure and final output screens.

Thanks for your assistance
-Ron

Quote: Here are 3 more screenshots that show everything that's supposed to end up on the DVD.

Thanks!

Hi optodata/Ron,
Thank you for the information. I'd like more please .

1. A diagnostic (text file) of your PC please. Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
2. Did you have this error before you applied the patch(s) - I think you did but I just want to make sure?

I'm going to pass all the data to CyberLink, with a note that the event (once you confirm it) happened in a released build of PDR12.

The diagnostic is important and will let CL look closely at your PC set up.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2013 13:14

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Update on my previous post on video clips not playing after a production is finished.

It appears that beta 2405 has fixed this issue. I was producing primarily AVC video in 15 minute segments when this problem originally began. The problem was NOT present with release 2230. Win 10, i7
optodata
[Post New]
Hi optodata/Ron,
Thank you for the information. I'd like more please .

Dafydd - I've attached a zip file containing the 2 DxDiag files.

Yes, I've had the problem for the past several beta patches. I don't know if it was in the original PD12 release because I didn't have a project that required a DVD menu until last month.

I have found a work-around: I can import the custom menu that I've created in PD12 into PowerProducer 5.5. It's able to produce the DVD with the menu correctly but I had to produce the original files again as .wmv as it wouldn't accept the .mp4 versions I had originally made. I also had to share the menu first with DirectorZone and then download and install it before PP could see it, but I am able to get a working disc now...

-Ron
 Filename
DXDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
optodata DxDiag files
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata/Ron,
Thank you for the information. I have passed the data onto CyberLink for investigation. We might need to move the topic to a new thread as it maybe unrelated to the beta.

I note the
1. Content.png has mts files in the Library but none showing as used in the project.
2. The video track content is a? Not sure what you have present. Please advise.
3. The audio track displays an unlinked mp4 file.
4. Where are these source files used in the track located?

I'm looking for clarification and not implying your editing method is wrong. I'm just gathering info.

Dafydd