Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Freeze during audio editing
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again. I have experienced another freeze with trial version of PD 11 Ultra. I'm not sure if it has any relation to a freeze problem I experienced earlier, (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27119.page) but am wondering if I'm the only one that this has happened to. BTW = I never experienced any problems with PD 10 including freezes.
Yesterday (2/20) I was working with 16 video music clips that I imported into PD 11. Most of the clips had different audio levels. Because the trial version doesn't include Wave Editor, I decided to adjust the audio on one clip by clicking on the clip and adjusting the audio by moving the audio line to a nominal listening level. After that, I started adjustments on the other clips. After the third clip, everything froze. I couldn't access any part of PD and couldn't even close it out. I had to open the Task Manager and click on PD 11 and End Task.
Does anyone know if this is maybe an isolated incident or something that Cyberlink needs to look into. This is the second freeze incident I've experienced in the last 2-3 days. I know it isn't my computer because it is brand new and I had no other applications running at the time. (My dxdiag is shown in the 1st incident link)
Any ideas appreciated.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2013 09:23

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
boongsong ,

Have you posted your dxdiag file for us to look at yet ? Win 10, i7
Rosario56 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Jan 23, 2012 04:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Boomsong

Why didn't You select all tracks and in the mixing room didn't select "normalize audio"??? (I have PD10ita there exists the normalizing command)
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hello HDedit and Rosario56. I will reply to both here.
HDedit. I included my dxdiag in my original post. For some reason I'm unable to include atchs now, so here is the link to my original post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27119.page. I apoligize for not being able to include atchs but I don't know why.
Rosario56. I did in fact select the entire track for normalizing. Didn't make a difference. Most videos had normal llistening volume but a few were either too loud or extremely low. Those were the ones I tried to normalize with the others and that is when the freeze occurred. By the way. That was not the only freeze I encountered.
To try and isolate the problem, whether or not it is PD11 or my computer (I firmly believe it is PD11), I am currently re-doing the entire project from scratch. I still have PD10 on my old computer and I have imported all the videos into my old computer, then into PD10, made the same edits, and it is now in the Produce mode. It will be a while as my old computer is very slow.
I will provide an update on the results when everything is done.
Thanks to you both for your input. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
It might be worth booting into safe mode and then running PD, install RichVideo if it asks, and if it runs OK (or better) then it is likely that there is a conflict with something loaded later.

If it still freezes then something fairly basic is happening.

It might also be worth checking any updates for the BIOS and other basic drivers from the HP site - this may be the right page but check for your exact product :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5155364&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=5187019&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4063

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
boongsong ,

I looked at your Dxdiag file. Can you tell me if you are using the Catalyst app from ATI/AMD and at what rev level is it ? The current version is 13.1 and it works well.

The rest of your PC is more than adequate to handle the task at hand.

Win 10, i7
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
HDedit. Do you have a link? Also, everyone looking @ this post should look at the other problems. Use this link
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27137.page Jack
All vodi
[Post New]
boongsong ,

The web site for ATI/AMD is:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx?src=CCC-CheckForDriverUpdates Win 10, i7
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's an update for anyone that is interested.
I took all of the videos that were in my new computer and did a copy/paste to my old one.
Then I imported them into PD10 Ultra, did some minor trimming, and added chapters. (I forgot to normalize all the tracks= senior moment). I then went to Produce, did a preview (video not the best), selected WMV. After producing, I went to Burn Disc, did another preview and it was satisfactory. I then burned @ a speed of 12.
I played the finished DVD in Power DVD and it came out perfect - video same as original clips. I then tried it on our 32" tv and same there. The only problem was the difference in the audio = some clips at normal listening level, others quite loud.
No freezes anywhere. Absolutely no problems in any step.
This pretty much solidifies my belief that the problem is in PD11.
Right now, I'm waiting for Supports response to give me the info I need to install PD10 Ultra on my new computer and I will redo the entire project using it.
One more update when that is finished.
For HDedit, vn800rider - I have updated everything on the new computer, including the Catalyst from AMD. I didn't touch the BIOS as I'm not smart enough to go where no man has ventured. My tech expertise can be rated on a scale of 1=10, 10 being highest. My rating is probably 1 or less.
But I continue to learn thanks to you gurus Jack