Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 will only use integrated graphics, will not use nVidia GPU on my system
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There is no need to ban you, in my opinion, but if you just keep your filthy language at the bar room, I for one would appreciate it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Well, what's frustrating is that they agreed and said they could reproduce the problem on several platforms. But even though it works fine in PD13 - same card, same drivers, same everything - and PD14 will not recognize the card, it's somehow nVidia's fault.

I replied to the tech support reply (I think it is someone offshore with a tree diagram that tells them how to reply) with the above - PD13 worked fine, upgraded, PD14 doesn't recognize the card, thus something is changed in PD14, not the nVidia drivers - the reply was send us your dxdiag, take a photo of the problem and send it to us. Uh - you already said you can reproduce the problem! If you can reproduce it on your own machines ("we can reproduce this problem on several platforms") why do you need my dxfiag and a photo of the problem???

I think they need to remove their claims that these cards are recognized and supported on the PD14 website - that is not true.
jan den hollander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2015 15:54 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: There is no need to ban you, in my opinion, but if you just keep your filthy language at the bar room, I for one would appreciate it.

so..because what I said I'm FILTH..DIRTH. just I told peeps my thoughts?

You're a thousant times worse then me..got it?

I know your kind ..you can find them on nearly every board.

Self imposed wonderful peeps who know it all and in some position to cast one out.

You think about who you're speaking to ignorant ten for a penny joker.

Doc..You're right they need to remove those claims.. but ofcourse they won't.

Instead you are presented stories..good luck with that.
[Post New]
Why no answer Barry? eh?
Running out of crap?
Come on ..tell me something real for a change.

DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jan, let's not make this thread a personal attack thread, K? You both said your piece and as the OP I don't want people to stop reading the thread (which they will if this becomes a back and forth ad hominem thread.)
[Post New]
Quote: Jan, let's not make this thread a personal attack thread, K? You both said your piece and as the OP I don't want people to stop reading the thread (which they will if this becomes a back and forth ad hominem thread.)

O.k..I'll back off..have it your way.

But I refuse to get humiliated by some moron who thinks he kmows it all..telling me where it's add.

never settle for that..but I'll respect your post from now on.

I say no more.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is probably a combination of the notebook pc manufacturer, graphics card manufacturer, and possibly 3rd party vendor to create a driver to allow the app on a pc to access either the integrated graphics or discrete graphics card.

Years ago I used this driver: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4651/lucid_virtu_mvp_hyperformance_tested_with_asrock_z77_and_intel_ivy_bridge/index5.html . This allows both video card to work at the same time.

In today's windows 10 DX12 world we may have to wait a little longer for a graphics driver to work well with PD14 in the notebook pc.
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tomasc, I hear ya, but in this case all the previous versions worked fine with the cards (and others with other nVidia cards are reporting this too) but they did something with PD14 that broke it. I'd just like someone at Cyberlink (who acknowledged the issue and that they had reproduced it "on several platforms" but claimed I should have nVidia fix it) to figure out what they changed between PD13 and PD14 and create a patch to correct the bug.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for the delay, jan, I was busy.
Nowhere did I say anything about you personally, at all, just to keep it clean. People of all ages and walks of life come here and it's a little crude. I have no power nor desire to "cast one out" though I love the dramatic sound of that!
As a matter of fact I'm off to a bar now and I have no doubt I'll let a few dirty words slip through! But that's private.
As for the issue itself, I agree with you, as the facts come together. Driver issues are a common topic here and I'm always curious to see how the latest cards perform. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: Well, I got a response from Cyberlink. They said we can reproduce that problem here on several platforms. You should contact nVidia, because that sounds like a problem on their side.

So - my card works with everything else, worked with PD12, PD13, and will not work with PD14 (same card, same drivers that work with PD 13) and that's an nVidia problem???

Ask CL what version of driver is still WORKING with their software. Install the drivers from your latop manufacturer site. If none of the above is working, then it is a CL problem.

In my oppinion, I always said that a laptop is bad choice for a video editor machine. I know that is convenient and all that, but price-performance ratio is really bad. And the issues like this (colaboration between integrated and dedicated video, Optimus support) are more likely to happen since the video cards on laptps can be different from standard implementation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2016 19:16

DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Well, I got a response from Cyberlink. They said we can reproduce that problem here on several platforms. You should contact nVidia, because that sounds like a problem on their side.

So - my card works with everything else, worked with PD12, PD13, and will not work with PD14 (same card, same drivers that work with PD 13) and that's an nVidia problem???

Ask CL what version of driver is still WORKING with their software. Install the drivers from your latop manufacturer site. If none of the above is working, then it is a CL problem.

In my oppinion, I always said that a laptop is bad choice for a video editor machine. I know that is convenient and all that, but price-performance ratio is really bad. And the issues like this (colaboration between integrated and dedicated video, Optimus support) are more likely to happen since the video cards on laptps can be different from standard implementation.

They have no idea. Since it is a Kepler gen card, they say it should work. And it did until they changed something in PD 14. They also said they have reproduced it on several platforms, most of them desktop, so it has nothing to do with it being a laptop (it worked on this maching with PD 11 through PD 13 and they see the problem with other nVidia cards on their own desktop systems.)

So if they admit there's a problem, they tell me they've reproduced this problem themselves on several of their systems, and it only showed up in the change from PD 13 to PD 14 - it's a CL problem. Well- its my problem, since they have my money.
Kees54
Newbie Location: Sliedrecht, Netherlands Joined: Jan 15, 2014 13:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Jan den Hollander, hoewel ik het voor een deel met je eens bent zal ik het op jouw wijze niet verwoorden.

All other users, i have a laptop now 2 years old with a Nvidia 610M card with 2GB memmory for its own. All other programs i can force to use the Nvidia grafics instead of the integrated Intel HD grafics 3000. Even an other resent videoediting program uses the Nvidia grafics without any problems.

I do not understand why Cyberlink Powedirector refuses to use the Nvidia and this seems to be blocked by the programmers.

The Nvidia is far much better than the integrated Intel HD why not use this????? I do hope they change their opinion soon.

Regards and a happy and healthy new year to all, Kees

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2016 11:01

Regards,

Kees

Computer:
Processor I7, 16GB MEM, 500GB SSD, 3GB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 8GB, DVD and Blue ray burner
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Jan den Hollander, hoewel ik het voor een deel met je eens bent zal ik het op jouw wijze niet verwoorden.

All other users, i have a laptop now 2 years old with a Nvidia 610M card with 2GB memmory for its own. All other programs i can puss to use the Nvidia grafics instead of the integrated Intel HD grafics 3000. Even an other resent videoediting program uses the Nvidia grafics without any problems.

I do not understand why Cyberlink Powedirector refuses to use the Nvidia and this seems to be blocked by the programmers.

The Nvidia is far much better than the integrated Intel HD why not use this????? I do hope they change their opinion soon.

Regards and a happy and healthy new year to all, Kees

And from their specs and advertising on their web site:

"Optimized for modern CPU and GPGPU hardware platforms from Intel, AMD
and NVIDIA, TrueVelocity maximizes memory allocation and usage, while
reducing latency through feature optimization. The improved system
efficiency enables HD footage to preview more smoothly and render
faster.

(Supported video cards)

GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and above
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600/700/800/900 Series

The utilization of our video cards is a key piece of their advertising. Even though they've told me they reproduce the lack of utilization of various video cards on that list, on their various systems. But their response is "Send us your dxdiag" and "You should tell nVidia to fix the problem."
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jan den hollander,
I have asterisked your expletive on your post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46836.page#243476
I'm informing you here rather than via a PM because you took offense at Barry asking "......if you just keep your filthy language at the bar room"....

As an intelligent person you could have used an alternative descriptive word. Doing so would have complied with the forum's directives. I'm sure you will comply in future and contribute to the forum.
Dafydd
Kees54
Newbie Location: Sliedrecht, Netherlands Joined: Jan 15, 2014 13:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
DocDaddy, I fully agree

NVIDIA:

GeForce 8500GT/9800GT and above
GeForce GT/GTS/GTX 200/400/500/600/700/800/900 Series

PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards using
pre-Kepler architecture who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or
later, the CUDA video hardware video encoder feature in PowerDirector is
no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please
download and install an earlier driver.

Besides this driver ( 337.88 ) is not at all qualified for Windows 10 when a lot users bought Powerdirector 14 specially for this purpose and Powerdirector 14 witch should be fully qualified for this OS. The more misterious as mentioned by an other user when a card which must be a kepler card does not work as it should be.

Please Cyberlink programmers reconsider this and make it work.

Regards, Kees

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2016 13:47

Regards,

Kees

Computer:
Processor I7, 16GB MEM, 500GB SSD, 3GB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 8GB, DVD and Blue ray burner
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi DocDaddy ,
Could you let me have your Support Ticket ID please. I'll ask CyberLink Head Office to chase up the issue and look into the response you've received, maybe something else can be done!
Dafydd
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi DocDaddy ,
Could you let me have your Support Ticket ID please. I'll ask CyberLink Head Office to chase up the issue and look into the response you've received, maybe something else can be done!
Dafydd

Thanks. CS001559200

I've been doing a lot of googling and researching and the problem seems pretty widespread, including on these forums; people using nVidia cards that are very up to date (as in, Kepler and beyond architectures.)
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]

Hmm, great thread.
Will watch with interest.
USING gtx960 in present system, working well with PD12. Win7 64bit.
About to build fresh editing pc with PD14. Dont want to go backwards!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2016 22:26

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
k.

DocDaddy,

xr650lou,

Charles,

Vlad,

Kees54,

and others...

try driver version 347.25 and DO NOT INSTALL GeForce experience!

and a CLEAN install.

if it doesn't work then as you were.

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2016 22:57

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks DocDaddy for the info (post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/46836.page#243591). I have forwarded the ID. I'll let you know etc.
Dafydd
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: k.

DocDaddy,

xr650lou,

Charles,

Vlad,

Kees54,

and others...

try driver version 347.25 and DO NOT INSTALL GeForce experience!

and a CLEAN install.

if it doesn't work then as you were.

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

I'll try that, though I'm puzzled why a driver that is a year old and quite a bit out of date would be required for PD 14 to utilize the cards when PD 13 can utilize the cards with no problem with current drivers. Also, I know CL posted that people needed an old driver for pre-Kepler nVidia cards, but all of the cars in question are Kepler (and more current Maxwell) generation.