Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD mobile 4 Ultra Free fails to see media server
s [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2012 10:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
New update did not fix for me either. Michael -can you look into for us? Thanks!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the fix will be included in POwerDVD 12 (PC) Version - I expect the release very soon....

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
sbundy47 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2012 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanx Michael. I was seriously thinking that the issue may not be on the Mobile end but on the media server end of PowerDVD 12. I just found this forum first and stuck with the process. Question, then what did this last mobile update actually do?
Mikeynyc8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 04:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem as the rest of the users who have posted on this thread, but there has also been a rather simple question posed that no one has answered. Five different people have now asked the same question ("How do you input the serial number for PowerDVD Mobile Ultra on the mobile device?") and there has been no response. There is no prompt for a serial number at all when launching the mobile app; There is nothing, not a button, not a prefence, not a key combination that provides any instructions or explanation of how to input the serial number. The FAQ is no help, since it tells you to input a serial number on the mobile device, but it doesn't explain how to do it or where to find it within the mobile app.

I do apologize if I overlooked a post that actually answers this question, but if we can't even receive a answer regarding a simple question about serial number input, what will happen when a user asks a technical question that would require more than a one or two sentence response?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mikey,
to enter the SN is very easy.

guessing you use PowerDVD 12 ULTRA:

1. install PowerDVD 12 ULTRA on the PC
2. activate the Software
3. install PowerDVD Mobile v4 for ULTRA fom Play Store or iTunes.
4. start PowerDVD on the PC
5. enter the "Home Media (DLNA)" Tab => this page shows the Serial number
6. click on the "PowerDVD Mobile" in this tab
7. start the PowerDVD Mobile v4 on your Tablet
8. it now asks to enter the Serial)
9. read the serial on the PC

Please let me highlight that PowerDVD Mobile v4 Free Version can only work with POwerDVD 12 ULTRA!!

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 09:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried the new update and I still do not have the ability to connect to my home media. The error is: Browse unsuccessful. Error message: Not Authorized. Also on my Ipad app it does not give me the step to enter the serial number as you explain it above. I even removed the app and tried to reinstall it and it starts up with no indication that it wants or needs a serial number. I am using iPad 2 with Power DVD mobile app 4.0.688 and Power DVD 12 Ultra 12.0.1618.54 on an Win7 x64 machine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2012 10:10

[Post New]
Hi Robert,

did you enable the DLNA server in PowerDVD 12?

Please provide a snapshot of your settings - please also ensure that you choose the correct security settings for your DLNA server

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 09:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I deselected the DLNA server and reselected it and it started to work. I guess it just needed to be reset after the upgrades were installed to get the server to start up properly. Is there an answer as to why some are not getting the option to enter the serial number? I'm thinking it is something to do with the iPad app verses the android app?
davidjuarezburgos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2012 04:48 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hello michael,
Installed new patch 1618 this morning and everything is fine about DLNA and licensed version (no more trial version).
Thanks a lot for fast solution

regards,
/david
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much. I knew this is something critical so I had no doubts that it would be fixed right away.
Peterlc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2012 23:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the most recent version of PowerDVD 12 Ultra and cannot get the remote to work on either my iPad (newest) running iOS 5.1 or my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.0.3. On the iPad it fails to find the PC running PowerDVD 12. The phone finds the server then just freezes when it is selected.
Archon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2013 18:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I also have problems with the power dvd remote not finding the server.
'Think' I fixed it - I believe it to be due to PowerDVD12Agent.exe and/or Powerdvd12.exe not running properly.

PowerDVD12Agent.exe and Powerdvd12.exe live in the Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD12 folder.
Powerdvd12.exe doesnt seem to show in processes until your remote has found the server on the network and you select it (i only know this now its working - also for those of you that haven't seen it you are prompted to enter the device code on your IOS device when it has found the server and you have selected it: so if the IOS device hasn't found the server you wont see the prompt: hth!)

CLMSServerPDVD12.exe lives in the Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Kernel\DMS folder and shows up as CyberLink Media Server Service in task manager processes tab.

OS = windows 8
Bought a blu ray internal drive bundled with powerdvd11
powerdvd11 will not run on win8
upgraded to powerdvd12
installed powerdvd remote on ipod touch (version:6.0.1)
remote worked great!

Next day remote doesn't work and fails to find the PC even with windows firewall turned off.
Wasted time going through the forums/looking for the none existant support docs... randomly restarting cyberlink services to no avail..

I also have laptop with win8
to test I downloaded trial of powerdvd12 to laptop and ran PDVD remote while running wireshark on laptop.
ipod found laptop all ok.
wireshark shows ipod sending multicast messages on 239.255.255.250 on port 1900 ssdp looking for ST: urn:schemas-cyberlink-com:service:RemoteControl:1\r\n
shows pc (and my SKY tv box) sending NOTIFY messages on same multicast address for the simple services they offer (UPNP media server type stuff).
Then shows ipod receiving a 200 ok http message for the RemoteControl service from laptop and initiating tcp connection on different ports with each new connection I form in the range 5xxxx. The Laptop was not sending NOTIFY messages as it isnt configured to do any UPNP stuff. It just responded to the URN request from the remote.

So looks like the only inbound port you need open on the firewall is 1900. Also means I dont think its a comms issue.

Think its due to there being no listening service on the PC to respond to the remote.

comparing the netstat -bo output of the two machines I could see PowerDVD12Agent.exe and CLMSserverPDVD12.exe involved in the connections to my IPOD from my laptop but I couldnt see them running on the PC (not surprising if there are no connections!).

Also checking services/details on non-working pc PowerDVD12Agent.exe and PowerDVD12DMREnginer is running but not Powerdvd12.exe: even though the program is open. Ive seen in previous posts that this is the exe for IOS remotes. But ive also seen that it doesnt appear in processes list until the remote has found the PC and selected it. Checking services/details on working laptop however shows three items running: PowerDVD12Agent.exe, PowerDVD12DMREngine.exe and PowerDVD12.exe. So I figured the PC copy of PowerDVD12.exe might be bad.

Ive got it working on the PC by copying the Powerdvd12.exe from the working laptop to the problem PC and then running it and PowerDVD12Agent.exe directly from the programs folder. Ive also now reinstated the original Powerdvd12.exe file and its working ok (so probably was a red herring). Have rebooted PC several times and haven't been able to recreate the issue so far but it was very frustrating for a couple of days. Not very scientific though and not clear to me what bit fixed the problem.

Can tech support provide any feedback on this?

hope any of this helps someone else (and keeps working for me!)

btw have seen the faq for this now and it hilarious that you are advised that you should disconnect from your network, reconnect to it and make sure you haven't got an APIPA address. If it don't work after that you should consult google. Also amused by the constant "Works ok for me" response...way to go! glad I ponied so much cash for this Id expect issues like this if I was hacking VLC but if I paid for the software?? tsk tsk especially when you consider how much this stuff costs...
Archon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2013 18:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
stopped working again today on pc (upgrade from powerdvd11). But remote still found laptop ok (trial of powerdvd12). Closed the app and double-clicked on the powerdvd12.exe file in the program folder and everything worked ok. Still using the original file from the upgrade. Will replace it with the file from the trial version and test for a few days.