CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Screen when playing is black
Reply to this topic
Goobergirl69 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 14, 2018 15:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

I see you are using shadow files. Try without. If that works we can discuss why.

I unselected the shadow files and I am still having the same issue. If I pause the preview of the video it does show me a picture of the present location of the clip. When O press play again the preview goes to a black screen agin and I can hear the sound.

Thank you,
CIndy
[Post New]

I unselected the shadow files and I am still having the same issue. If I pause the preview of the video it does show me a picture of the present location of the clip. When O press play again the preview goes to a black screen agin and I can hear the sound.

Thank you,
CIndy

Tip if you do not have it, install an Encoder / Decoder package, maybe it will work

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

May be support, know a solution for your case
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 5997 Offline
[Post New]
At this time I suggest a few things.
Delete temp files.
Delete any shadow files.
Create a restore point, install k-lite codec pack.
Try the clip again.

You can also convert the clips in question to a format that PD likes better. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5. Analog tape capture equipment.
https://www.facebook.com/B-Gill-Cyber-Studio-609762572849441
PowerDirector Moderator
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 767 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a mp4 video that I am trying to edit. When I add this or any video into my timeline and attempt to preview I get a black screen and can hear the sound. I can clink and move the the video forward and see it moving but once I select play the clip changes to black and only hear the sound. In researching I installed all the patched/updates. I have ensured the check boxes on the time lime are selected for both the audio and video. Someone had mentioned in the forum to unchecked the boxes for the hardware acceleration under preferences. Please advise. I have both Power director 14 and 16 and neither will work.

Hi,
Just to be certain, can you confirm that the files play completely OK from the Media Library?

It is only when they are transferred to the timeline that the problem occurs?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4058 Offline
[Post New]
Goobergirl69,

Type regedit in the windows search area and launch the regedit utility.

In the left hand column, migrate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Cyberlink > PowerDirector16
When PowerDirector16 is highlighted, in the right hand coulmn, near the bottom look for VideoRenderer and reply back what it says. For reference that you have the right parameter, it should say either VMR7 or VMR9. Posting a screen capture would help.

Exit out of regedit without making any changes.

Jeff
Goobergirl69 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
Just to be certain, can you confirm that the files play completely OK from the Media Library?

It is only when they are transferred to the timeline that the problem occurs?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

They do not play in the library either.

Thank you
Goobergirl69 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Tip if you do not have it, install an Encoder / Decoder package, maybe it will work

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

May be support, know a solution for your case
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thank you I have submitted a ticket to tech support as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2018 10:57

Goobergirl69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Goobergirl69,

Type regedit in the windows search area and launch the regedit utility.

In the left hand column, migrate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Cyberlink > PowerDirector16
When PowerDirector16 is highlighted, in the right hand coulmn, near the bottom look for VideoRenderer and reply back what it says. For reference that you have the right parameter, it should say either VMR7 or VMR9. Posting a screen capture would help.

Exit out of regedit without making any changes.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Attached is screen shot.

Thank you,
Cindy
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded: