Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted Nvidia logo
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
On my PC and Nvidia 335.23 installed configuration. With checked "hardware video encoder", the logo has disappeared.

Cheers - Papido Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello FPM...

Wow! You've done some digging, thanks for the tips, I will pursue this.

SteveK, it appears you uncovered the issue on your system, so I won't bother with the dxdiag, etc. at this point.

I said that I had found the icon on my machine. Like ynotfish, I do not have it showing up on my rendered video. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's a new nVidia beta driver out, and the unwanted logo issue seems to be absent from this version

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Ugh ! beta. I don't plan to donate my computer to be a nVidia's test lab ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Then don't!

Look at it this way - if the logo is a problem, you now have the choice of going back to 332.21 or going forward with the new β. Choice is good

Assuming that nVidia doesn't put that obnoxious code into the next WHQL version, it looks like the future will be logo free.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
All codes are going to have bugs and all companies offer beta opportunities to a limited few or general users. Everyone has a choice on participating. What's important to me is how a company responds to a very critical bug.

The Nvidia logo appearing, obviously appears to be an Nvidia oops.

March/2014, PD12 issue with Nvidia watermark for some GPU's and GPU encoding http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/37958.page Nvidia forum, many other codes affected as well.
April/2014, Nvidia beta release that resolves the issue in PD. Since WHQL released nearly monthly, official fix right around the corner, most likely.

The PD continuous rendering bug with Nvidia GPU's, I put that oops in CL's lap. Yes, maybe Nvidia changed something but this really appears like a poor GPU memory call or the like that automatically initiated the PD render preview for underpowered machines. A CL design intent, "Automatic Render Preview" http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16451&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1
with absolutely no preference controls to turn it off like shadow files.

Sept/2012, PD11 continuous rendering with Nvidia GPU reported, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24687.page
Jan/2014, PD11 patch to correct memory allocation error that causes continues rendering, http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Now there's an area for some improvements! Simply CL telling users to revert to a older driver for 16 months, rather discouraging.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2014 23:48