Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted Nvidia logo
FlyingPanMan
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jun 18, 2011 22:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

My first post here and it's a complaint. I installed the latest Nvidia software updates and have now found videos I render are showing the Nvidia green logo in the bottom right hand corner for the first six seconds.

I had no problems with this before the updated Nvidia software, so I suppose it's Nvidia that have taken the liberty of doing this. I've searched all the Cyberlink preferences and the Nvidia options too but failed to find a way of removing it.

It's TOO MUCH OF A LIBERTY to do something like this without giving us the option to remove it. I don't want my personal videos plastered with advertising!

Please Cyberlink, do something urgently about this.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to these forums.

The program worked OK until you updated the driver and you feel it is a Cyberlink issue to repair rather than an Nvidia issue?

Unless you are a gamer and the latest updates address a problem you are having with one of your games (you did look at the release notes - right?) roll back to an earlier driver. Also never use a beta release unless you are going to provide beta information to Nvidia.

What is the driver number you downloaded? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
FlyingPanMan
[Post New]
Stevek,

Yes, I'm sure the problem's due to the Nvidia update, but Cyberlink have the "clout" to get Nvidia to do something quickly... a word from them might get a quick result.

I went online to find Nvidia's support/complaint but got fed up of the questions and red-tape I had to go through to lodge a simple complaint/query. I didn't have the time to spare.

Yes, rolling back to an earlier driver is an option, but maybe Nvidias' latest update also has stuff I want.

I agree, it's not down to Cyberlink to repair if Nvidia instigated this, but Cyberlink shouldn't allow it either.

Edit: GeForce driver version 335.23

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2014 09:55

PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Saw this probème. Occurs in production with "hardware video encoder"
By unchecking this option, no problem. Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said ", but maybe Nvidias' latest update also has stuff I want."

That is why I asked if you had read the Nvidia Release notes and if you are a gamer ! Release notes here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/335.23/335.23-win8-win7-notebook-release-notes.pdf

Did you read the part concerning the drivers for notebooks? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
FlyingPanMan
[Post New]
Stevek,

I don't waste my time playing games, so no I'm not a gamer. I also don't have the time to spend reading 69 pages of Nvidia's tech notes.

It's a matter of principle... I strongly object to them sticking an advert in my home videos without asking me or giving me an option. I shouldn't have to run through all their hoops and read acres of small print for something so obviously out of line.

There should be a simple way to remove it.

stevek
[Post New]
You said "There should be a simple way to remove it."

There is, go back to an earlier driver. If you looked at the release notes, you could have trimmed down that number of pages to a very few that talked about what was "fixed".

Cyberlink has no more ability to force NVidia to do something than you do. If it were a Cyberlink problem, then more than one person would have it --Note: that will probably invite other "Me Too's"

Did you try the Nvidia forums?

Sorry for the above but I think you are being unreasonable. Your attitude comes across as "I want what I want regardless". .
[Post New]
Wow! I know this is an aging thread, but I am flabergasted by Stevek's response. FlyingPanMan is absolutely correct. I ran into the same problem, and I could not agree with him more. Nvidia crossed the line by slapping on their logo without permission and without an easy way to opt out it. We work our tails off trying to make highly personal and highly professional videos, and nobody has a right to pollute our work, especially those with whom we have already patronized with our hard-earned cash.

As for Cyberlink, they too are culpable and should have to answer for this. If you are the landlord of an apartment building and a tenant is too noisy, sure the victims of their rude behavior are free to deal with them directly, but ultimately it is the landlord's responsibility to maintain order and enforce reasonable and customary principles.

Suggesting someone roll back the latest drivers is absurd. That's not a solution, it's a workaround and encourages people to remain silent rather than speak up and make their feelings known to the perpetrators. Windows 10 64 Bit
ASUS Z87 Pro MB BIOS 2103
i7-4770K Haswell OC'd to 4.3Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 v368.22
Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256 GB (Rapid Mode)
Power Director 14 Ultimate 64 Bit
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Wow! I know this is an aging thread, but I am flabergasted by Stevek's response. FlyingPanMan is absolutely correct. I ran into the same problem, and I could not agree with him more. Nvidia crossed the line by slapping on their logo without permission and without an easy way to opt out it. We work our tails off trying to make highly personal and highly professional videos, and nobody has a right to pollute our work, especially those with whom we have already patronized with our hard-earned cash.

As for Cyberlink, they too are culpable and should have to answer for this. If you are the landlord of an apartment building and a tenant is too noisy, sure the victims of their rude behavior are free to deal with them directly, but ultimately it is the landlord's responsibility to maintain order and enforce reasonable and customary principles.

Suggesting someone roll back the latest drivers is absurd. That's not a solution, it's a workaround and encourages people to remain silent rather than speak up and make their feelings known to the perpetrators.

I think both are correct in a way.
1. Stevek gave the right answer - roll back to the earlier driver until Nvidia corrects the issue. CyberLink themselves are suggesting this route and it has been a standard response to a Nvidia caused problem - there have been quite a few over the years.
2. Dryslot, you are also correct in blaming Nvidia and in respect to what CyberLink could say to Nvidia on what they have caused.
3. The route to complain about Nvidia is directly to them.

I have seen too many inept software product and driver releases where the end user - us - have to put up with poor quality until it is fixed by one company or another. It seems companies react very quickly when their reputation (sales) are at stake!

Just my opinion.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Daf,

I see your points, and certainly there are situations where rolling back the driver makes sense, especially if it causes a system-wide issue.

But in this case, PapidoFrance had the correct solution (simply uncheck the hardware acceleration option) yet SteveK not only kept insisting to roll back the driver, but I felt he became very condescending in the process, and I felt bad for FlyingPanMan.

I'll just back up my thinking with two points. First, if the new driver was indeed solving problems in other areas, say he was a gamer, then what do you do? That's why I felt rolling back should be a last resort, especially since the other, better solution had already been presented.

Second, it seemed as if SteveK was completely absolving Cyberlink from any culpability. Ok, if Nvidia's logo starts showing up on everyone's Microsoft Word Docs, doesn't it stand to reason people are going to be contacting Microsoft telling them to rewrite their code to block Nvidia from such nefarious activity? Or at the very least MS would be compelled to tell Nvidia to knock it off.

I think that is the same expectation people have of Cyberlink when a third party shows up and starts hacking around.

That's all I was trying to say, it's all good, thanks for chiming in!

Eric Windows 10 64 Bit
stevek
[Post New]
FryingPanMan -- What operating system are you using?

Also try "Ctrl+Alt+T" to see if the logo goes away. That is a longshot used for a non-Windows operating system

Dryslot - It was established earlier that the original poster was not a gamer; so in this case the new driver was not necessary. If you were trying to make a general point for all gamers, then that should have been clearer.

Cyberlink does not recommend one video card manufacturer over another so they are not the people who BUY the cards. Money talks - if buyers start complaining then NVidia will do something.

Bottom line : There is still something unusual going on with FryingPanMan's set up. He indicated that he looked at NVidia web forum and found nothing. Is it possible that he has something unusual on his computer since no one else has complained either there or here? Rhetorical question! (as a newsman is that the right term?)

Here is the place to post the issue that FryingPanMan is seeing:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/705318/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-335-23-whql-driver-feedback-thread-3-10-14-/

Lets look for a solution rather than posting critiques!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2014 08:21

[Post New]
Hi SteveK,

I couldn't agree with you more, that's why I was troubled when you accused FlyingPanMan of being "unreasonable" and criticizing his "attitude". I think he deserves an apology but that's just me.

Ok, 'nuff said. First, I realize FPM is not a gamer, but other people who share this problem seek out these threads and read them, I thought that was self evident. That's how I found this thread. To repeat, I have this same problem. It's entirely possible the next person who finds this thread is a gamer; that's why I'm trying to establish the best solution for everyone concerned.

And by that definition, and my own personal experience, the best solution was the one offered by PapidoFrance, and it works without potentially compromising any other part of your system. None of this is to say your advice is not appreciated - it is, and I thank you and people like you who try to help.

Also, I think your suggestion to complain to Nvidia is great. But we'll just agree to disagree on what role Cyberlink has. Ultimately it's their code, and they have the power to block third-party ads from polluting their customer's work. They should be an advocate for their customers when someone crosses the line. Heck, for all we know this cold have been an agreement between the two companies and money could be changing hands here - another reason to protest to Cyberlink. I work in the industry, and ad placement is big business. I would be stunned if Cyberlink was unaware or didn't care some company was placing ads in their software.

Thanks again for making yourself available to help others!

Windows 10 64 Bit
stevek
[Post New]
Dryslot, I guess I didn't realize that you had the exact same issue as does FryingPanMan. I missed that,

Could you please post a screen shot of the logo in Power Director and your dxdiag evaluation of your computer?
Part B here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
The dxdiag gives more information than what you posted in your signature.

If FryingPanMan posts the same information, then perhaps we can see some similarities that might be the cause.

I had dismissed the possibility that the logo was a advertisement since it has shown up in only two case. As you are well aware, to be of any value, the advertisement must be wide spread. This does not seem to be the case.

My issue with FryingPanMan was that he refused to do anything other than to complain. I asked him to read the release notes and he refused because there were too many pages. I asked him to read the NVidia forums and he refused that also. BTW, I scanned the NVidia drivers forum for over a hundred posts and didn't find anything. If this advertisement was wide spread, then I would think that someone else would have complained.

These forums should be a two way conversation with give and take. If FryingPanMan did not want to carry on the conversation, then he could have simply entered a support ticket.

If anything, I think he owes everyone that reads this thread an apology.

I will not discuss the apology further but I look forward to the image I asked for and the dxdiag on your computer. Let's work together to solve the issue one way or another.
FlyingPanMan
[Post New]
SteveK, I think you've misread me entirely... and here's a copy of the post I put on the Nvidia forum where others have had the problem:-

I consider it a disgraceful imposition for Nvidia to insert their logo in our personal videos! I will never recommend a company that uses these kind of marketing tactics. I hope an apology/explanation is forthcoming.

However, for those who have been imposed upon...

I cured the problem by removing the following file:-

(C: Drive?), Program Files (x86), NVIDIA Corporation, PhysX, Engine, A_Ball_Trans.ico

The A_Ball_Trans.ico file is the icon file used to insert into *YOUR* video.

You could maybe even replace it with your own avatar/logo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2014 18:03

FlyingPanMan
[Post New]
Here's the thread where I posted my solution:-

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/709772/off-topic/nvidia-logo-showing-up-in-video-after-render/
FlyingPanMan
[Post New]
Quote: Dryslot, I guess I didn't realize that you had the exact same issue as does FryingPanMan. I missed that,

Could you please post a screen shot of the logo in Power Director and your dxdiag evaluation of your computer?
Part B here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
The dxdiag gives more information than what you posted in your signature.

If FryingPanMan posts the same information, then perhaps we can see some similarities that might be the cause.

I had dismissed the possibility that the logo was a advertisement since it has shown up in only two case. No, see link to thread in my other post above As you are well aware, to be of any value, the advertisement must be wide spread. This does not seem to be the case.

My issue with FryingPanMan was that he refused to do anything other than to complain. I asked him to read the release notes and he refused because there were too many pages. I asked him to read the NVidia forums and he refused that also. I didn't REFUSE to do those things. I actually started to do them but found them ALL too time consuming BTW, I scanned the NVidia drivers forum for over a hundred posts and didn't find anything. I did - on Google If this advertisement was wide spread, then I would think that someone else would have complained.

These forums should be a two way conversation with give and take. If FryingPanMan Ahem, FlyingPanMan did not want to carry on the conversation, then he could have simply entered a support ticket. It took me half an hour just to register on Nvidia forum to post! Too little time to try and find out how to raise a support ticket after that.

If anything, I think he owes everyone that reads this thread an apology.

I will not discuss the apology further but I look forward to the image I asked for and the dxdiag on your computer. Let's work together to solve the issue one way or another.
Intel i7 4930 Custom build.
16Gb Ram.
GTX 660 Nvidia
480GB Kingston SSD
2x2TB HDD
Windows 7 Prof. 64bit
stevek
[Post New]
FryingPanMan - Yes, I totally misread your issue and what you indicated that you would do. :oops

I was able to find the icon on my computer also. The question is why it shows on your PowerDirector videos and not on mine? It might be (guessing) related to that latest driver only. I see that it shows up in "AfterEffects" also. Also in Power Director 13 (?)

We may never know ! I'll keep an eye out on that thread the reply from the moderator might be very interesting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2014 18:42

[Post New]
Hello FPM...

Wow! You've done some digging, thanks for the tips, I will pursue this.

SteveK, it appears you uncovered the issue on your system, so I won't bother with the dxdiag, etc. at this point.

Windows 10 64 Bit
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I have that C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine - A_Ball_Trans.ico file & I've never had the logo appear on a produced video.

Is the collective wisdom that it only affects systems with particular GPUs (and when HA is applied)?

Great digging, everyone.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
On my PC and Nvidia 335.23 installed configuration. With checked "hardware video encoder", the logo has disappeared.

Cheers - Papido Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)