Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
nVidia Watermark Fault - TEMPORARY SOLUTION FOUND!!!
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone

I have just upgraded to PowerDirector 12, which is amazing. I am using NVidia driver version 335.23. For the first time ever I'm having a really pleasant editing experience with no crashes, perfect preview playbacks and quick producing times.

However, when the video produces I'm now getting an NVidia watermark for about 7 seconds in the bottom right! Take a look for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYvQOJGo4eY

So how do I get rid of it?!?!

Thanks

Nick

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 10:02

n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have found a "solution"...

If I render it but disable "Fast video rendering technology" and therefore "Hardware video encoder" there is no longer an NVidia icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Also I noticed that Windows wouldn't give me a thumbnail of the rendered video but un-ticking the above option does so there must be something wrong.

Looking at the details of the two videos, the data rate and total bitrates are different:

With Fast rendering enabled: Data Rate: 22560kbps, Total Bitrate: 22816kbps
Without Fast rendering enabled: Data Rate: 25635kbps, Total Bitrate: 25891kbps

Strangely it didn't take any longer to render.

I'll stick with this workaround for now but interested in finding out what's wrong with PowerDirector.

Update... I've just re-rendered another video and that now works too. The working one is 1kbps higher for both the data rate and total bitrate.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 10:02

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Very strange - to have a Nvidia logo in your video..

Dafydd
rb6freak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2014 19:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem now with the most recent NVidia drivers (335.23), really annoying. If you figure out a way let me know. Google search hasn't come up with answers yet.
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you read a few posts above, I describe a way of getting around this weird fault...
rb6freak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sure its a work-around, but that just uses the CPU for rendering rather than the GPU. I'm looking to use my discrete graphics card for video producing without the watermark.
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well it didn't take any longer to render on my PC and the end result is now perfect:

Perhaps I don't need to render using the GPU because the PC is a mega powerful i7 beauty.

(Damn, I'll have to change the thumbnail in YouTube tomorrow because I look like I blowing kisses!)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 19:45

rb6freak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I felt the difference on mine. I'm using an i7 too (3rd gen Ivy) but its a laptop. It took about 30 extra seconds for a 2 minute video.
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's not a bad compromise while CyberLink and/or NVidia iron out this issue (unless you're rendering 100's of 2 min videos I guess).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sent in a report on the issue - no reply or solution to the GPU use issue provided.
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2014 05:52

[Post New]
Looks like nVidia keeps messing their driver for video editing...

It does not happen on my laptop with GT540M, I guess only particular GPUs have this problem. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
rb6freak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. If its graphics card specific or you need any specific logs/info let me know. I'm using the GTX 660M GPU.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
GPU info is good to have.
Forum Moderator
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So how do I get rid of it?!?!

I have the opposite question, Nick. How do I get it there?

I've never had a Nvidia watermark appear in a produced video, however I went about it... and I can't generate the same thing here on 3 different PCs, each with different Nvidia GPUs.

GT740M, GTX260, GTX680 - all running current driver 335.23

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2013 08:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Bookmarking thread. I got the same problem.

I have the opposite question, Nick. How do I get it there?

For me it happened after a NVIDIA driver's update Feb 13th. I'll be notifying NVIDIA as well. I'm working on long videos so I really need this to be a temporary problem.

*also, without the hardware video encoder, filesizes are now 25-30% larger. not good.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2014 06:38

djfrosty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Feb 27, 2013 17:58 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here, after installing an update for Nvidia.

There should be a soultion from Nvidia Forum

This is the PhysX visual indicator. You can find the option to enable/disable this feature by opening the NVIDIA Control Panel, selecting any of the "3D Settings" tree items, and opening the "3D Settings" menu at the top.

I try that, but it didn't Work for me.
I also tryed to de-select fast video decoding in Cyberlink. When it's de-selected, there are only sound and no Picture.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 20:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update. Look for the next Nvidia beta driver to resolve the issue - April.
Forum Moderator
djfrosty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Feb 27, 2013 17:58 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Finally. Cool
Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2013 08:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Update. Look for the next Nvidia beta driver to resolve the issue - April.
Forum Moderator

Awesome^^ Thanks