Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RESOLVED ------ **DO NOT INSTALL PD12 update patch v2209** READ THESE MESSAGES FIRST**
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Carl, I am happy for you.

But I have three friends, using PD12, who have, as I have, this issue.
In my case, with level 2209, I load a project in 7 minutes. Coming back to 2109, the same project loads in 20 seconds.

The same thing for my friends.

So, is it a computer specific problem?

I can see in your signature that you have an ATI graphic card. I have a Nvidia card, my friends too.

We are as you are, with Win 7 64 bits.

Is the problem coming from the nvidia graphic card?

I think it would be a good thing if Cyberlink had a look on this.

EDIT: I just see that Neil has also an ATI card. So. Bad idea.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2013 14:33

Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Did not notice this right away because the project was only a few minutes long.Tried loading a 1hr and took forever too.

There is a lesson here that I learned the hard way years ago,(to be ignored as usual) BACK UP your stuff! I do a total backup once a week and that, like so many times before, saved my hide.I use Acronis, have for over 10 years.
The back up was two days old so the emails had to go thru again, not a problem.
And once a month I clone the HD, a backup on a dead drive is no good either.

Really had no reason to update, nina1 has the right idea

video card Nvidia GT640 2GB

And yes, it is now much faster. Somebody from Oxxxacare working there?

Eugene

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2013 17:37

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
bsalisbury [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2009 12:01 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Never had a problem with PD before I installed the patch yesterday - all is well again after reinstalling PD 12 and a few other Cyberlink programs that seem to have gone missing in the process (Power PDV; Power2Go)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
OK. The issues noted so far in this thread should be MORE than enough for anyone to re-consider PD12 as it stands. I'm reverting to PD11's stable atmosphere. Win 10, i7
cay1998 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 09:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with previous poster and I'm really kicking myself for upgrading. Cyberlink - are you going to respond or just keep pissing off your customers? I really don't have time to mess with this (reinstallation or WTF ever) and I'm not happy. Are you going to respond ? Worked PERFECTLY before "upgrade". Can't even work on a 15 minute long project after it because it takes 20 minutes just to have it load and then 2 - 3 minutes before any "major" change.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I agree with previous poster and I'm really kicking myself for upgrading. Cyberlink - are you going to respond or just keep pissing off your customers?

cay1998,
this is a volunteer user-forum and "official" Cyberlink employees very rarely answer, though I suspect they monitor this forum more than they would admit.
I have no doubt they are aware of this issue, and in my experience (since V5) they usually provide a solid patch.
This 12.2209 ""opening" issue...I am looking at some older project PPMs right now, will update. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Just an update on my initial post.

I received this 'canned' answer from Support. Somehow, I don't think they get it

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using PowerDirector 12 software, and the project opens slow after updating to latest patch (2209). And also, take longer time to open creae disc option.

Regarding to your concern, I would suggest you to please follow the workaround steps below.

1) Please ensure to update your VGA/Sound card driver to latest. You may contact your VGA card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

2) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

3) Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

4) Please Start Windows in Selective Startup mode.

1. Click on Start.
2. Click on Run.
3. Type msconfig and click on OK.
4. A System Configuration Utility window will come up.
5. On General tab, select Selective Startup.
6. Uncheck "Load Startup Items".
7. Click on Apply.
8. Click on OK.
9. Click on Close.
10. It will ask you to restart your computer.

Restart the system for the change to take effect.

If issue persists, please provide the following information for further assistance.

A. Provide the Serial number. SR should be like "SR_No=XXXXXX_XX". Please follow the link given below to know how to find the serial number:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=2615

B. Provide the system log file (DxDiag.txt log file) for further analysis.

To create the DxDiag.txt log file please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start.

2. Click on All Programs.

3. Click on Accessories.

4. Click on Run.

5. Type "DxDiag".

6. Click OK.

7. A DirectX Diagnostic tool window will open up and you will see a green bar going from left to right on the bottom left corner of the screen.

8. Click on Save all information button once the green bar disappear.

9. Save this file on the desktop and send the file to me for further analysis.

C. Provide screenshot of the error message with full background, if you have one.

To take a screen shot, please press Print Screen key on your keyboard when this error comes. Then go to Start>programs>Accessories>Paint. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V or alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send to me for analysis.

D. Provide dump file. Please refer the link below.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=12297

When you encounter program freezes or hangs, we will need users to provide us with a dump file so that the R&D team can investigate the root cause.

Note I solved the problem by removing and re-installing PD12 then updating to patch v2109

I wonder how long it will take before they fix this patch!

Happy editing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2013 00:11

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK. The issues noted so far in this thread should be MORE than enough for anyone to re-consider PD12 as it stands. I'm reverting to PD11's stable atmosphere.

Hi HD

PD12 is very good and stable on my set up.

Just don't update to the latest patch v2209.

v2109 works fine.

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,
I have been monitoring the 2209 patch issue and have passed on the data to CyberLink (I did that yesterday). Baring in mind this is the weekend, there has been no response so far. I'm sure when my email is picked up, come Monday morning, something will start happening in Research & Development.
I passed on many of the early comments to CyberLink and I'm sure they will visit this thread in due course, reading the additional feedback.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
sging1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales UK Joined: Jun 03, 2012 12:36 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I had a response today as below.

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern that the new patch v2209 is creating trouble for CyberLink PowerDirector 12.

I really apologize for the inconvinience caused to you and we have already reported this issue to the development team and they are working on it and soon it will be fixed.

The issue is because of the compatibility with Windows 8.1 and difference in platform between Windows 8.1 and other version of Operating Systems.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this regards.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do"
cay1998 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 09:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
The "auto-responses" are a slap in the face and a joke. The moral of the story is to do what the one person said, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". I have had NOTHING but issues with PD up until I installed it (and upgraded to 12 from 9 I think it was) on a pretty robust computer that I built myself. I was pleasantly surprised in the lack of issues. What in the name of GOD made me install the update is beyond me. I'm attempting to revert back and hope to return to the lack of issues that I was enjoying. For those of you even THINKING about updating - I would definitely not. I noticed NO benefit to updating, only the complete loss of what I was hoping would be a productive video editing session.
sging1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have installed and rolled back, but now I am getting constant crashes and hangs. Its is still having issues saving and entering the produce stage. Something has obviously been left behind from the patch.

It seems they were is such a rush to make it compatible with Windows 8.1 they have made it incompatible with all the other operating systems.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
This sort of thing is NORMAL, and not confined to CL. It is just a matter of time before something goes awry either by updating or testing some software etc. Remember Murphies Law: If it can happen, it will happen.

So I am harping again about BACKING UP!

I had my computer restored in 10 minutes to the pristine version it was before my PD12 update. MUCH FASTER than re-installing and you don't have to deal with bits and pieces left behind that are just waiting to bite you in the future.

Quote: but now I am getting constant crashes and hangs. ( Isn't this fun) And sorry to say sging1, you are unlikely to find the problem and may have to do a new, clean install.

So before I download some editing or other software for evaluation etc I make a copy of the C drive, test the software for a while and then restore to the before testing state. So nothing left behind and piling up in the registry or any other place.

SOOOO simple. (Perhaps too simple?)

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 27. 2013 14:31

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
flatwaters [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2010 23:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
This is the reply from CyberLink support, blew three hours of my Sunday uninstalling/installing/checking but seems to work fine so far. Apparently it wasn't a problem with the computer, windows 7(64bit), graphics card, etc. I have to say I don't appreciate having to fix something CyberLink gave me.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern that you install the latest Update 2209 and PowerDirector 12 runs slow.

In regards to your concern, I would suggest you to uninstall the software from the control panel and then try to re-install it from the given below link :
REMOVED BY FORUM MODERATOR.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards,

Megha
CyberLink Technical Support

Attachments:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2013 14:02

Eugen157
[Post New]
As to un and re-install, Windows will not delete all of it.

A MUCH better way to uninstall is the freeware REVO UNINSTALLER it does a thorough search and then delete.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2013 15:15

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
sging1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also did the windows system restore to return it to the state before the update but after it finished PD just crashed and crashed. So not sure what happened there.

Anyway like many other users I just wasted a whole afternoon of editing putting right Cyberlinks mistakes.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone in this thread,
I've been asked to gather some additional information from those who've had (and Carl who hasn't) a problem with patch 2209 and pass it onto RD at CyberLink.

1. A screenshot of the project - Edit Workspace, tracks. I presume that'll be ok asis, without having the patch installed.
2. Full diagnostics of each of your computers.
3. Confirmation this issue is with both new projects and with saved/opening of an older project.

All data will be gathered and passed onto CyberLink.

Please see the guides, Part B and E&F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd
Forum Moderator
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone,
I have a possible fix (very temporary) that needs testing. I have sent a few emails out (to those I have in this thread) asking them to test and report back.
If you want to test on your system you'll need to have 2209 installed (again). Contact me via PM.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
Navillus2 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Portland, Maine USA Joined: Oct 01, 2013 08:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
As I stated before in an earlier post, my very small project now gets stuck at 80%. I have given up. I reinstalled PD12 with the older 2109 patch and all is well. I am running Windows 8.0 with a stock Intel HD Graphics 4000 on the MB. Mike
CubbyHouseFilms
[Post New]
Hi D

I've sent CL my diagnostic file.

This problem is related to the patch

Thanks Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel

CubbyHouseFilms
[Post New]
Hi All

Just received an update from CL:

Thank you for writing back.

I really apologize for the inconvinience caused to you and we have already reported this issue to the development team and they are working on it and soon it will be fixed.

You may try to revert back to previous build by removing current build from Control Panel then re-install PowerDirector 12 at current stage if you'd like to. We will try our best to fix this issue asap."

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support

Here's hoping

Yay!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2013 22:32

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel