Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 3319: work but always unusable
Gianluca_Rigotti [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2007 15:14 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
I just ask to the support the full installer too. Maybe it work...
ncinsguy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Oct 11, 2007 00:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
i downloaded all the patches for power dvd (3104 and 3319) and this is what i got. still didn't fix anything anything with Heros disk 2 problem. so i diabled my internet connection as someone suggested and disk 2 played fine and disk 3 also. now disk 4 episode 1 played fine but episode 2 jutters constantly wtf??? same with disk 5. i put disk 1 back in and it works fine. i'm letting it play now hoping it will play normally but i'm half-way through episode and it's not working. i hooked the player back up to my 360 and all disks play fine so it has to be a PowerDVD issue does anyone have any suggestions?
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
is this the link to the full install or is there another file out there?
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/patch/index.jsp
Quote: Have just been sent the full installer for 3319 (not the update installer), and now I can play Surf's up
Adam [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 29, 2006 10:38 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldn't say it has to be a powerdvd issue. If it was then the other discs would judder as well, It's more likely to be the information transfer from the discs to the PC on those discs, maybr the error correction is better on the 360, and the PC may be having a harder time error checking. I'd check the cpu usage when trying to play back the ones that judder

No the full installer is not available anywhere other than from support
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
disks 1,2,3 and episode 1 on #4 play fine. from episode 2 through disk 5 everything jutters and even stops (haven't tried #6 or #7). pc usage is the same on all the disks. all my other movies play fine. so do i have defective disks? or defective powerdvd? if it was my pc then all my other movies including 1,2 & 3 of heroes should jutter also right?
Quote: I wouldn't say it has to be a powerdvd issue. If it was then the other discs would judder as well, It's more likely to be the information transfer from the discs to the PC on those discs, maybr the error correction is better on the 360, and the PC may be having a harder time error checking. I'd check the cpu usage when trying to play back the ones that judder

No the full installer is not available anywhere other than from support
[Post New]
I received the full installer of build 3319a.
The result is worst than the 3319 patch...

The software is total unable to play any of my bluray or hddvd. All bluray crash the program after press "play", all hddvd load the menus, but crash immediatly when I try to start the movie. I try to play some bluray rip from the hard disk, but the result is the same of the hddvd: start the menu but crash after play movie.
There is another irritating bug: I have a dual monitor configuration. Monitor 1 is a VGA monitor 1280x1024, monitor 2 is a full hd hdmi and hdcp projector.
PowerDVD is not working at all on vga monitor, and the menu that I write are show only in the projector BUT at resolution of the VGA, at 1280x1024.
A real disaster. This build can be deleted at all.
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2007 06:47 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I received the full installer of build 3319a.
The result is worst than the 3319 patch...

The software is total unable to play any of my bluray or hddvd. All bluray crash the program after press "play", all hddvd load the menus, but crash immediatly when I try to start the movie. I try to play some bluray rip from the hard disk, but the result is the same of the hddvd: start the menu but crash after play movie.
There is another irritating bug: I have a dual monitor configuration. Monitor 1 is a VGA monitor 1280x1024, monitor 2 is a full hd hdmi and hdcp projector.
PowerDVD is not working at all on vga monitor, and the menu that I write are show only in the projector BUT at resolution of the VGA, at 1280x1024.
A real disaster. This build can be deleted at all.

As I wrote on another Thread, I have exactly the same problem with the resolution issue.

I begin to ask myself why on earth I have invested 100 bucks in a software that can best be described as pre-alpha status...
[Post New]
Hi Raphael, I read your posts.
It's frustrating... This software do a lot of things... except the only one that we need: play HD movies...
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
With the patch installed the problem persists and now all of the Heroes disk stutter constantly. So I go back to the last build and use a suggestion, posted on the AVS Forums to disable my internet connection while playing disk #2 and it worked. Disk #2, #3, and episode #1 on disk #4 play fine with the internet disabled then ep #2 starts and well really it stops and starts constantly, basically unplayable. This happens on every episode hereafter. Throughout all of this I’ve been in contact with cyberlink about this issue and the last correspondence had me sending them some data from my pc for them to analyze and I’m currently waiting to hear from them. So what I’ve had to ultimately do is use AnyDVD to rip each disk to a HDD. Once there PowerDVD plays the files without a problem smooth as silk. I’m just wondering where the problem is with this. Encoding, Disk, Software or Hardware? Like I said before all my other HD-DVDs play fine so maybe it’s that the encoding on the some of the disks is not compatible with the software? That’s probably the case since I hooked the drive up to my 360 and the disks played fine. I don’t know it’s really been frustrating but at least I can watch the show now.
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
wtf...i tried to play the ripped files tonight and they stuttered just like on the disk. last night they played fine. this software has real problems.
CrisisDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2007 22:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: wtf...i tried to play the ripped files tonight and they stuttered just like on the disk. last night they played fine. this software has real problems.

Out of curiosity, what processor(s) are you using?

I don't have the Heroes series, but I've noticed the same issues watching both Miami Vice (HD DVD) and Ice Age 2 (Blu-Ray). I believe my system is technically "unsupported", I have dual Xeon processors running at 2.8GHz, with Hyperthreading enabled. In effect, I have four processing cores. With Hyperthreading enabled, I get the studdering and actual pause of video in certain areas. By disabeling Hyperthreading in the BIOS and bringing my system down to two cores, it will play fine through these problem areas, but then during "high activity" scenes, I get studdering, but this time is due to my processors maxing out at 100% utilization. I've written Cyberlink tech support, but no response yet on this issue. One thing I am able to do to get the video to play back with Hyperthreading enabled, is when the video starts to studder or pause, I "rewind" the scene a minute or two, or even all the way to the beginning of the movie, and then it plays through the rest of the disk seamlesly without issue. Note that I say "rewind" without hitting "stop". I almost wonder if it's some sort of pre-buffer issue in reading the data and feeding it to the procssors?
Raphael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello guys,

yesterday I opened an new issue at cyberlink support with all the a.m. problems and see what I got back as response from one of the support team guys:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra software.

In regard to your concern, please note this issue is already being escalated to our production team.

Please wait till sunday and then get beck to us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So for everybody telling us, that the problems are not related to cyberlink, this response should defenitaly clear things up.

It seems that there will be a new version on sunday. Lets wait, see and hope that there will be no new issues with this release and we hopefully can playback our software as we intended to by paying a hundret bucks for a product best described as pre-alpha status so far...
[Post New]
A new update will be welcome!
Worst then 3319 can't be, it should be only better!

Usally the cyberlink patches has a strange rithm:
1: the patch solve one old bug and introduce three new bugs that make the software unuseful;
2: the patch solve the three bugs and introduce one new bug; the software works but with problems;
3: goto point 1.

Wait sunday and hope...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2007 08:34

ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
^^
i'm running an AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.4ghz (on the list) but when they told me to install the hd advisor and send them the results it shows red for my processor now. all my other system specs are well above the min. now with the new patches 3109 and 3319 i get the stuttering on high action scenes (Batman) where before the patches i didn't. i notice that with the new builds the cpu and memory usage is much higher. it's really strange cause as soon as episode #2 on disk 4 starts both cpu and me jumps significantly 10-20% cpu and 100+mb of memory. high action scenes on other disks do the same. i'm ready for a refund this has gone on long enough.
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
has this become available yet?
Quote: Hello guys,

yesterday I opened an new issue at cyberlink support with all the a.m. problems and see what I got back as response from one of the support team guys:

In regard to your concern, please note this issue is already being escalated to our production team.

So for everybody telling us, that the problems are not related to cyberlink, this response should defenitaly clear things up.

It seems that there will be a new version on sunday. Lets wait, see and hope that there will be no new issues with this release and we hopefully can playback our software as we intended to by paying a hundret bucks for a product best described as pre-alpha status so far...
Raphael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: has this become available yet?
Quote: Hello guys,

Hi,
i havent heard anything from them yet.
I emailed them today and still have no answer...

Will report as soon as I know something new!
Raphael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now I got a response, but its far from beeing a good one.

We truly apologize for late replying due to some technical issues.

Regarding your concern, we like to inform you that currently PowerDVD Ultra software has some issues while playing HD/BD DVD's in dual display mode. So, we suggest you to configure the PowerDVD Ultra and your graphic card for single display mode and then use the PowerDVD Ultra software.

Thtats really a joke, I cannot configure my setup as single monitor, its impossible to work on my plasma.
What do these people think they are???
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
seems like they are working on things...slowly. they sent me a response to all of my problems yesterday that worked to an extent. they sent me a link to update my nvdia software. here are my results, Warner Bros. disks play fine, Planet Earth stuttering but bearable, Transformers with internet off played fine...with it on the program locks and will not play anything until i restart my pc. Bourne Identity & Supremacy stutter constanly same with Heroes all disks. So basically half my collection plays...so i guess for me they are 1/2 way done. I got a 2nd Xbox off of ebay it should arrive today if it works like they promised i'm done with Power DVD too much trouble. i know i'll have to fight to get my $100 back.
[Post New]
Now, after a lot of try, my 3319 copy can play my discs.
But there are some major know bugs that make this build totally unusable. The first is the "second monitor bug": there is no way to zoom the image at full resolution on monitor 2 if you have a dual monitor system. I try to manually resize the window, but it don't want to resize over the monitor 1 max resolution.
The first seems to be a non-bug, but it's irritating. PDVD don't want to play any bluray disc without AACS protected data.
ncinsguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
how did you get it to work?
Quote: Now, after a lot of try, my 3319 copy can play my discs.
But there are some major know bugs that make this build totally unusable. The first is the "second monitor bug": there is no way to zoom the image at full resolution on monitor 2 if you have a dual monitor system. I try to manually resize the window, but it don't want to resize over the monitor 1 max resolution.
The first seems to be a non-bug, but it's irritating. PDVD don't want to play any bluray disc without AACS protected data.
[Post New]
disinstall any old version of pdvd, install the last standalone 3319a installer.
for bluray before bd+ use the last anydvd, for the others don't use anydvd. You need a full hdcp chain. For hddvd use the last anydvd.

This combination works as I described... and there are always the bugs that make this build unusable.
Switch back to 3104...