Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Please Fix the basic audio mixer function - it is currently useless and makes using PD 14 for editing multiple clips a time consuming drudgery - negating any speed savings in the rendering process - even though the video editing is top-shelf

Please see my post

Link to Audio Editing post in PD14 forum

PS - I would greatly appreciate someone providing help with my issues with audio mixing - but think it is a design flaw in the audio mixer.

RDOIII

Had a hiccup on my internet connection.... Back now!RDOIII's comment needs to be given serious consideration. The Audio Room for PD15 should be made to operate exactly like that of PD8, much more user-friendly! As opposed to the uncooperative model in PD14.

Cheers!

Neil.
Steven70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2015 13:05 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
How about making you be able to slow your clips down much more for fast frame rate video when you want to do nice slow motion PD14 don't go slow enough for it.
[Post New]
Quote: ...

Also, I would like to have a SAVE feature in MultiCam Designer so I can work on my project later and especially now the PD 14 always crashes. big headache

+1. Multicam designer has saved me a lot of time in my product presentation videos but on long projects it becomes risky. Saving the audio sync previously used on the same clips would be a start so I don't have to 'OK' the multicam design half way through and then restart with another few minutes of the same audio syncronization.

I would also like to be able to see audio track waveforms on the multicam designer. If one doesn't import a seperate waveform you don't get to see important audio cues.

Chippy. http://HiBlue.com
Video studio in Bonn, Germany
[Post New]
Audio edition.**Please fix this in PD14 through Update or PD15

Audio is the black point of Pd14. Otherwise it is a great tool.

What i expect it should works :

- when i group two or more audio clips, be able to change the gain of all the select audio clip
- when i group two or more audio clips, be able to make mod with audio director to all the select clip

The way it currently work is a nightmare. If i cut 75 times. I have to apply audio director effect 75 times. Make me crazy.

In addition we should be able to change the level of the select clip instead of using point by point decrease.

It needs two mode (select by one key shift for example). One where we change the level of the selected clips (like in sony vegas) and another as it is now.
Rene [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2015 18:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Right-to-left text support in Title Designer would be nice.

at this moment proper input of RTL languages (e.g. Hebrew) is not possible.

Added Bonus for CyberLink: Might also attract an additional customer base from countries where RTL is the default writing style (arab and Hebrew speaking countries)
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
It would be good if we could select multiple clips and delete the audio with one click. It is a bit of a pest having to unlink the audio in each clip individually, deselect it, re-select it and then delete. Maybe there is a short cut I have not found yet.
Volcano
Newbie Location: Wellington, NZ Joined: Dec 30, 2014 17:59 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to see better multi-monitor support. I have 3 monitors, and at best I can use 2 of them while using PD. Each time I open the application I have to reorganise the layout because PD doesn't remember them after closing down.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CL, your process utilized in PD14 build 2527 when "Burn to disc" and "Save as disc image" are both selected for final output when creating DVD +/-R results in a unnecessary authoring of the entire timeline twice resulting in significant wasted time for the end user. Please correct.

Same behaviour when creating a BD. Please Correct.

Summary of PD steps performed when user selects various options are highlighted below with total time elapsed durations for a particular project.

"Burn to disc" is selected
1) PD authors to hidden folder PP.TWOPASS, Time elapsed: 10:10
2) PD performs burning process for "Burn to disc", Time elapsed: 14:29

"Burn to disc" and "Create a folder" are selected
1) PD authors to the "Create a folder", Time elapsed: 10:10
2) PD performs burning process for "Burn to disc", Time elapsed: 14:26

"Burn to disc" and "Save as disc image" are selected
1) PD authors to hidden folder PP.TWOPASS, Time elapsed: 10:04
2) PD Re-Authors entire timeline again to create "Save as disc image", Time elapsed: 20:16
3) PD performs burning process for "Burn to disc", Time elapsed: 24:26

"Burn to disc", "Save as disc image", and "Create a folder" are selected
1) PD authors to the "Create a folder", Time elapsed: 10:04
2) PD performs burning process to create iso from item 1 to satisfy "Save as disc image", Time elapsed: 10:23
3) PD performs burning process for "Burn to disc", Time elapsed: 14:39

As shown, when "Burn to disc" and "Save as disc image" are both selected results in excessive total time duration because the entire timeline is encoded twice.

Jeff
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
1)For 16:9 aspect ratio videos, the ability to author a 4.7GB disc at DVD-SP quality(up to 2 hours 25 minutes on one disc) should be available.

2)Audio adjustments - sound levels on all audo tracks should be adjustable within a range from 0(muted) to 100(maximum level) with 50 being the default level.

The above two are as they are/were in PD8 and should be brought back in to PD15.

3)Transitions - The Fade, Wipe, Threshold and some others are affected by a momentary freeze-frame on entry and exit when cross transition behaviour is selected, this sorely needs fixing.

These three situations have been mentioned before but a recap may help to keep them fresh in Cyberlink's "to-do" list.
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Also, would like the software to save the program window when you exit/close the program and open it in the same size as when you last used the program. I hate to resize my windows everytime you open up the program. what is the use of the square and the underscore on the top right hand side of the window

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2016 17:15

Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM
Steven70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2015 13:05 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see PD work with Nvidia graphics cards!
Dr V B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 14:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I appreciate the wish list already provided by Alessandro and others. I wish to the following essential tools or fixes be added by CL in their next version:
1. When importing a video with audio as Video background in Create Disk Menu designer, the audio is not imported. The Background Music in template plays. The audio in the imported video clip MUST be allowed to play.

2. In Screen recorder, how do we zoom in and out from specific area on screen we choose to highlight when preparing tutorials. Add zoom in out function.

I will appreciate feedback.
Dr V B Mathur, New Delhi.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Dr V B,
welcome to the Forum.
Question 1 can be answered by extracting the audio from your intended video background, and using that extracted file as your menu music. You can do that within PowerDirector. If wish to pursue that further, start a new thread.
Question 2 is also better answered by starting a new thread and asking the Forum to assist you. This thread here is a wish list.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 29. 2016 12:38

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dr V B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 14:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Mr Barry for your welcome and your response.

1. I know I can use extracted audio to create a new audio file for use in the Menu Designer. But this is a feature request for PD 15. Pinnacle Studio 18 automatically allows audio with video selected as video background. It is logical to assume you want the audio to play with the video selected by default. You may have a button choice to choose an alternative audio file. So I again feel that CL should look at this feature request.

2. CL promotes the use of its screen recorder for use in preparing training videos. Therefore, I have sugegsted they include the zoom in and zoom out feature. i would like to stand correct if this function already exists.

3. Hope you would now appreciate my comments in the correct perspective of sugegsting improved functions. A diversion to the other forum might deny an opportunity to submit a genuine feature request.

Dr V B Mathur
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Redesign the Paint Designer so that...

1. Each stroke is a separate item

2. Each item can be manipulated

Similar to the Title Designer.

In my example photo, I'm making a comparison. Drawing from the left to the right. What would be great is at the bottom, a list of strokes which can be shortened and moved to fit the overall segment.

Anyone confused?
[Thumb - PD14Sugg.png]
 Filename
PD14Sugg.png
[Disk]
 Description
Paint Designer
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)
CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Prompted by another post elsewhere, when installing, require only that CDKey number typed in to FULLY activate PD15 WITHOUT need to go on-line to finish activation process. This will make life easier for users of Cyberlink Power Director 15.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible when Packing a Project to have the newly generated PDS within the Packed Project to somehow manipulate the Preferences import/export folders to THAT Packed Project Folder, no matter where you open it up? Did I word that right? When I open a PDS in a PP folder I want the Preferences to point to that folder. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Fix time-scaled titles in Windows 10. If you throw in a couple of scale keyframes on a title in PD14 on Windows 10 to make a title zoom or shrink over time, the text will "bump" around like PD is having issues getting the font to render properly. Producing the exact same project on a Windows 7 Machine or by placing PD14 on Windows 7 Compatibility mode on the Windows 10 machine fixes it.

(Running PD14 in Win 7 Compat. mode all the time is not a fix - it makes the application run like a dog. Nor is putting Windows 7 back on the computer.) Joe Stro - Joe's Computer Museum
youtube.com/user/umbravector
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I searched the previous 6 pages for the word "magic" and did not find any occurrences. Thus my suggestion is for CyberLink to incorporate Optodata/ALS/Shadowman's (and whoever else worked on this project) - "Magic+PD" into the basic structure of the PD program.

I have experienced the phenomenon of the 'jumping timeline marker' but not to such an extent that I've done anything about it yet. If the PD program could address this and deal with whatever is happening, that would be great!

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2016 22:33

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
BRIAN DIEG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2016 17:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Please allow trimming in slow motion!!!

I waited a GD year for them to add 120fps capability and they did... except you can not trim a clip in slow motion. Once a clip is in the trim window it reverts back to full speed. This makes it extremely difficult to get a clip trimmed exactly where I need it because the scrolling is sloppy and the playback is at 4 times the speed I need to see it at. In order to produce a good 1/4 speed segment, I need to be able to trim and watch in 1/4 speed

I film action clips at 120 fps in order to slow them down to 1/4 or .250 speed. I can not use this program for these projects, I have to use GoPro studio which is way ahead of PD 14 in this regard, but has severe limitations and crashes all the time. However, I can scroll back and forth with the cursor in slow motion until I find the perfect moment to start and end my clips. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Cyber-link for this oversight. It makes the 120fps capability a superficial novelty.

And to top it off, tech support doesn't acknowledge the limitation. The reply I got was that the capability exists, however it doesn't as far as I can tell.
PFA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2013 15:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Improve TS and subtitle support
1. Import .ts files sometimes yield strange results.
VLC and Handbrake handle the same file without problems.
2. Would like the ability to import -selectable- subtitle tracks from .ts files and burn into result.
3. And yes, less versions as each updated version has the risk of crashing the installation, loosing PD as the "full" version is not available without purchasing again.