Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio not Transitioning correctly
BillinEaling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 11:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Although video picture transitions ok audio does not transition right. Either AVCHD H.264 or MP4 H.264
 Filename
Screen Record.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Audio Transition fault
 Filesize
35903 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
See if this post helps. If it does, you should be fine if you don't use the Render Preview tool anymore.
BillinEaling [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried it all, even switching off fast rendering. Still happens.
The point is, this makes the whole programme useless.
I was really looking forward to editing with PD21, now I'm using other makes including the free ones.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have no idea what was happening in your project. That's such a basic edit, and the only other thing I can think of of that you had the timeline preview quality set to the highest level (Ultra HD) and this was simply an issue with your computer struggling to apply the transition at full fidelity in real time. Did the issue persist when you exported the video?

You could also try copying those two clips the go to File | New Workspace and paste them there. That should get rid of whatever unwanted edits that were messing you up if it wasn't a previewing issue.
BillinEaling [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried all I can think of, including the lowest preview resolution. Incidently What goes wrong happens both on the timeline and the exported video.
Even audio recorded externally in WAV format do this, but only very slightly and barely noticable.
optodata
[Post New]
That's helpful info. I imagine the same thing happens no matter which transition you use.

One other thing to try is to right-click on each clip and chose Link/Unlink Video and Audio, which will separate each into A and V sections.

Drag the 2 audio clips to the next track down, but keep them synced with the video clips. Now drag your preferred transition onto the video clips, and do the same with one of the Audio (for music) transitions for the audio tracks as shown below:

Does that change anything?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2023 17:49

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The same post by the OP in the PD previous version forum with the same but embedded video does show an audio silence a fraction of a second before that overlap transition occurs. That post appear to have been deleted yesterday.
optodata
[Post New]
So just to be perfectly clear, the issue is that there's a brief silence jsut before the transition starts, is that correct?

Other than that, the audio transitions as expected but I needed headphones to be certain of what I was hearing
optodata
[Post New]
It also might help if we could work with the actual the clips you're having problems with.

If you're comfortable sharing them here, upload them to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste a publicly-shareable link to them here so other people can see if the issue shows up on their systems.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The avchd files use dolby digital audio. I do recall the audio glitches reported in this forum. The fix was to download an update. See this old link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97734.page#392955 . Patches were created to fix these problems.

See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page . A DxDiag.txt and the exact PD21 version on the OP pc can be helpful to diagnose the issue.
BillinEaling [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's getting worse. I split the audio to different tracks. See youtube clip link. The videos here are old H.264 AVCHD (.MTS) from an old Panasonic HC-V180. But het the same from a 4K video camcorder (HC_VX1) and WAV files from a ZOOM H1N.
I will try a free editor, probably ShotCut and see if the pc does the same.
WARNING!!! very loud buzz. https://youtu.be/-MpnV0UMJgc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2023 23:39

optodata
[Post New]
That's an audio codec issue, and that recording also cleared up that you had content on other tracks.

Again, it would help to get our hands on the clip wth the loud buzz, or at least to have the full text details from the MediaInfo online page. See this post for instructions.
BillinEaling [Avatar]
[Post New]
"Audio Codec" issue got me thinking.
So on this one I have made a .WAV copy unspliced of each video clip used, just so I can simply drop it onto and overwrite the original, and it behaves almost perfect.
The point is, Powerdirector should not be tripping up on what is a standard Camcorder video file format in the first place.
https://youtu.be/hOSs0XTKM4g

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2023 06:14

optodata
[Post New]
Unfortunately I don't think there are really any "standard" codecs, only some that are used more often than others.

While I agree that PD should be able to handle all codecs it accepts properly, the only way to get this particular issue fixed is to bring it to the attention of the developers.

You can reach them here, and you might as well include a link to the forum discussion as they will sometimes read through waht's gone on before responding. otherwise expect a couple rounds of bolierplate resposes and requests.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "Audio Codec" issue got me thinking.
So on this one I have made a .WAV copy unspliced of each video clip used, just so I can simply drop it onto and overwrite the original, and it behaves almost perfect.
The point is, Powerdirector should not be tripping up on what is a standard Camcorder video file format in the first place

I know that Panasonic avchd uses Dolby Digital audio as it is the standard for the blu-ray format as I use it and Sony uses it too. DD5.1 audio does not have any issues except that it cannot be produced in PD365 and svrt does not work with the same avchd video files that work in the previous versions of PD. There is no mention of the audio format in the Panasonic hc-v180 manual for avchd or mp4. I never reported these problems to Cyberlink. Maybe you can report them to get them fixed. They did work properly in the previous versions of PD. For stereo audio I use PD365. For 5.1 audio, only previous versions of PD work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 03. 2023 00:00