Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dead spot in Time line
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
There is a spot in the time line where I had a short clip but had problems so deleted it.

Now I have a new clip which I have placed in the same place but it doesn't even show yet it shows in a differnt place on the timeline, same track.

What is going on?

Is there a memory for what has been at a particular place on the line?

If so, how can I delete it?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In the previous version I also sometimes saw weird things happening in the timeline. Do you have the latest version? Can you show us (screenrecording) what is happening?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can also try deleting all temp files. Click on File > New Project then go to the Preferences menu. Click the Manually Delete button and select all temporary clips. Next, delete them and then exit PD. Now launch PD again, and reopen your project and see if that helps.

Doing this may be effective if you've previously used the Render Preview tool for any section of the timeline.
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks. Yes the deleting of temp files helped.